Favorite Bands?

Parker

I know we have a lot of music lovers here, so who are your favorite bands or musicians?

I'm a huge blues and jazz fan so I would have quite a long list, but I won't post a lot because I'm sure most of you guys haven't even heard of the artists, and I don't imagine a lot of people here are into the same music I like.

Led Zeppelin
Rory Gallagher
Cream
Django Reinhardt
Jerry Reed
Les Paul
Chet Atkins
Howlin' Wolf
"Blind Boy" Fuller
Robert Johnson
The Allman Brothers Band (with Duane Allman)
Leadbelly
T-Bone Walker
The Derek Trucks Band

The Tedeschi Trucks Band
The Doors

I have a much longer list, but these are the more popular artists that you've probably heard. Rory Gallagher is a fantastic Irish blues rock guitarists that most people don't know for whatever reason. He is absolutely fantastic but never got as popular as he should have been.

Parker

• Like 3

I'm all over the place, my "favorites" can change within the same week.

However, consistent favorites of mine would probably be:

• Flaw
  • Volbeat
  • August Burns Red
  • Deadlock
  • Emarosa/Jonny Craig
  • Dance Gavin Dance
  • City and Colour
  • Breaking Benjamin
  • Anberlin
  • Jason Mraz
  • Owl City
  • I, Omega/The Syncope Threshold

I typically like most music that comes out these days, or I'll at least I'll give it a shot. Mainly bands that have singers I consider very talented/unique, bands that get me pumped up or softer, easy listening stuff. The only music I usually won't tolerate is rap, most bands before the 90's (with a few exceptions, like The Beatles), really obnoxious black/death metal, and maybe another random genre or two... like country (though I don't hate it) or... I dunno... opera.

• Owl City

Wiz Khalifa

Atmosphere

B.o.B

Breaking Benjamin

Matchbox Twenty

Basshunter

Billy Joel

Jason Mraz

Bruno Mars

Cee Lo Green

Coldplay

Eminem

Escape the Fate

Fort Minor

The Fray

Hinder

Jack Johnson

John Mayer

Kid Cudi

OneRepublic

Plain White T's

Queen

The Script

Skillet

Sum 41

Train

30 Seconds to Mars

Yeah, I've seen that elsewhere. Not sure if it's supposed to be making fun of it or something... but I prefer the original. ;)

I actually like Owl City. The lyrics are abysmal (especially on the newer albums, Maybe I'm Dreaming is quite tolerable) but it's more or less just upbeat, bubbly and fun. I don't think it's really supposed to be taken too seriously.

- The Police

- The Doors

- The Smiths

- The Ernies

- Joy Division

- Aerosmith

- Bongzilla

- Talking Heads

- Rage Against The Machine

- Fugazi

- Faith No More

- Django Reinhardt

- Beastie Boys

- X Japan

- The White Stripes

- The Strokes

- Darkthrone

- Alice in Chains

- Bloc Party

- Led Zeppelin

- Pink Floyd

- Slayer

- Megadeth

- Merzbow

- W.A.S.P

- Metallica (only up to the Black Album)

- Nine Inch Nails

- Kraftwerk

- Big L

- Yellowman

- Deicide (only their albums from the 90's sounded good. Especially the first 3!)

- KMFDM

- Duran Duran

- Bad Brains

- Black Flag

- Acid Witch

- Animassacre

- Reverend Bizarre

- Cream

- Pentagram

- Electric Wizard

- Anthrax

- Genesis (Phil Collins era)

- Van Halen (David Lee Roth era)

- AC/DC (Bon Scott era)

Anybody that knows me knows that my all time favorite artist is Lights. If you didn't know that, trust me, you will.

A few of mine if anyone is genuinely interested:

• Lights
  • Owl City
  • Two Door Cinema Club
  • The All-American Rejects
  • Taking Back Sunday
  • Dance Gavin Dance
  • Saosin
  • Emarosa
  • Isles & Glaciers
  • Woe, Is Me
  • Attack Attack!
  • 30 Seconds to Mars
  • Sleeping With Sirens
  • Hands Like Houses

In what respect, that they don't scream or just their sound in general?

Both. Its not like IWRESTLEDABEARONCE were they just mash every single type of music up. I just find it interesting that they sound heavy, like ALMOST like Asking Alexandria, but they don't scream. It's a nice change up. Really exited for their new album.

Both. Its not like IWRESTLEDABEARONCE were they just mash every single type of music up. I just find it interesting that they sound heavy, like ALMOST like Asking Alexandria, but they don't scream. It's a nice change up. Really exited for their new album.

As am I. They've only posted two studio update videos (well, more of just fun little time lapses) to their YouTube Channel, and it's been a while since they've posted anything else. Wish they would.

Not sure how many there are, but the one featuring Jonny Craig and some other guy. Not the acoustic one.

The other guy is Tyler Carter, of Woe, Is Me, another one of my favorite bands. Are you not into acoustics? Because the acoustic version is fantastic too, as well as their other acoustic, The Sower.

The other guy is Tyler Carter, of Woe, Is Me, another one of my favorite bands. Are you not into acoustics? Because the acoustic version is fantastic too, as well as their other acoustic, The Sower.

I listened to it, it didn't have the same kind of energy and vocal prowess as the non-acoustic version. I usually like acoustics, but the one for Lion Skin just couldn't live up to the original for me.