Favorite Bands?

Parker

I listened to it, it didn't have the same kind of energy and vocal prowess as the non-acoustic version. I usually like acoustics, but the one for Lion Skin just couldn't live up to the original for me.

I can't say I agree with that, but to each his own. Regardless, I enjoy both versions for different reasons.

I looked that band up and it just sounds like generic scenecore to me. Not heavy in the slightest.

#thisisnttwitterbtw

Refer to my last response. You've basically just confirmed what I've said. You also need to revise your definition of scenecore, bro. #yetyoustillunderstoodthepurposeofthehashtag

I felt it necessary to call out the unjust use of "heavy" when applied to bands such as that and Asking Alexandria (as seen earlier in this thread). Call it what you will, but PLEASE leave it outside the realm of metal because it does not belong there.

The unjust use of heavy? Since when was heavy an adjective that only applied to metal? Just because "heavy metal" is a genre that's been etched into your brain doesn't mean that the term is exclusive.

That band is definitely scenecore Azakos, pretty soft imo.

Scenecore = soft? Okay, you definitely don't know what you're talking about. Scenecore is just a bullshit genre someone made up so that people like you can label every piece of music you listen to as a means of acting like you're knowledgeable about music. Another side note, just because I know you're thinking it, but soft isn't synonymous with bad music. You're not any cooler just because you think you can rock out to music way harder than anyone else.

I'm sure most of you guys haven't even heard of the artists, and I don't imagine a lot of people here are into the same music I like.

The list you gave is 100% SOLID, and yes, it is a shame many here more-than-likely have no idea who many of those you listed are, I do and love them all!

Here is my shortened list:

Led Zeppelin

AC/DC

Pink Floyd

Jimi Hendrix

Black Sabbath (Ozzy & Dio)

Bad Company

The Who

The Rolling Stones

Creme

Stevie Ray Vaughn

James Winter

The Yardbirds

Thin Lizzy

Iron Maiden

Motorhead

Ronnie James Dio

Lynyrd Skynryd

.38 Special

Molley Hatchet

Marshall Tucker Band

Blackfoot

Allman Brothers

Steely Dan

George Thorogood

Jim Croce

Cat Stevens

Harry Chapin

Gordon Lightfoot

Neil Young

...many more, but that will do.

• Like 1

Ok, lets just drop this dispute, and use this thread for its original purpose: Naming good bands. Not getting worked up because someone describes a band differently than what you think.

Now for me, I just bought Foster The People's "Torches" Album, and i think its great one. Of course "Pumped up Kicks" Is a great one, but i also like "Waste", "Helena Beat" and "Warrant". Its a great buy for the 14$ Price.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Deth_Breath

KMFDM rocks.

Industrial fan here.

Funker Vogt

VNV Nation

Suicide Commando

Grendel

Unter Null

Front Line Assembly

Ministry, and yes, their first album as well, Ministry with Sympathy

Ramstein

I also like Metal.

Cradle of Filth

Metallica (besides the last two albums, and while I like Load up to Garage Inc, it sounds alot more like hard rock than metal)

Viking/Folk Metal, too.

Folkodia

Ensiferum

Les Batards du Nord

Eluveitie

Others, that may or may not have fit in with those other genres I mentioned.

Econoline Crush (but not the last album) (grunge)

Headless Chickens (punk, I think lol)

Rednex (dance?)

E Nomine

Type O Negative

Blut Engel (those last three, so totally gawth)

• 2 months later...