Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NightmareJames

Rare Trophies: Profile Killers

28 posts in this topic

If you're searching for those rare trophies, I'm just taking a list of what games might be profile killers:

1.  The Ratchet and Clank Series.  I love these games, but man, everybody has them and their point values are low.  People even seem to have the hard ship race one.  Just seem to kill your rarity points really badly.

2.  Killzone:  Mercenary.  Classic story mode nets you nothing, you need to beat Veteran to get a gold, and full of co-ops and stuff.  This kills both percentages and looks bad on your profile.  I regret getting the game.

3.  Jak and Daxter:  The Precursor Legacy.  Another game that everyone seems to have.  It seems to have no value outside of the standard points list, or if you want a fun game.  Awful in terms of rarity searching.

Anyone else got ideas?

-James

I'm not sure I completely follow. Are you looking for easy games to plat with rare trophies?

It makes perfect sense for difficult trophies to be more rare.

can you explain this better?

He is listing trophies, which are so common that even their plats have like 20% achievers. He also seems to be listing trophies which are annoying to plat because of co-op and other reasons and I might add the following:

Ecolibrium -

It is just a huge pain to complete, and even with guides you need to check regularly and can't forget even a single time or you will probably have to start the challenges over again...

Also if I remember correctly, there are trophies required for completion (does not even earn a plat) that need wins in competitions. And those competitions are rare and winning them is hard without paying money.

Also some game that is listed in japanese and of which I have forgotten the english name:

勇者のくせにこなまいきだ。G -

It is a huge grind and can be hard if you are not skilled at match 3 games, also only 3 tries a day.

Edited by xFalionx

You wrote yourself into a corner.

You want a game that a lot of people have and don't play so it's a high rarity game, but don't want it to include online/MP due to it being beyond irritating. (Idk if a game like this exists.)

But you don't want the incredibly rare trophies that are difficult or annoying to obtain due to MP/Online?

Anything really rare is going to be "profile killer" if you aren't willing to boost or spend the ridiculous time necessary for online. This is where I am for example because I don't like online/MP lol. Idc about most of those trophies though.

The only game that comes to mind is Star Ocean The Last Hope International. No online/MP trophies yet it is apparently so long and grindy that the platinum is only .99% Ultra Rare.

Yet it is another "profile killer" if you aren't willing to put in the time necessary. Is that along the lines of what you're looking for?

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

On my profile it is the Tomb Raider Trilogy.

About 20% Platinum each and there are many 80-40% trophies. So my rarity in generall is 37% :)

Edited by Dennis-nine-five

Little Big Planet: many players, less completion, but with MP/Online, easy to get

Metal Gear Rising/ Yakuza 3: average players, less completion, without MP/Online, harder to get

I do not get the topic :/

Edited by Dennis-nine-five

I don't really understand what you're on about, but anyway:

Knytt's Underground

Vessel

Easy games, boasting lots of ultra rare trophies

Edited by Aela

Basically, a profile killer falls into either one of two categories:

1.  The bulk of the trophies are easy to get and has a few stinkers that prevent completion, dragging down your entire profile

Or

2.  The game's so easy it's worth nothing but the standard trophies and no "respect points" (a.k.a. why did you pick this up in the first place knwing beforehand)

-James

Edited by NightmareJames

Respect points? If that's why you're gaming, you may want to consider another hobby. 

I don't get it

I think what he is trying to say is that games that are 'profile killers' are either games that have very easy trophies and lower your rarity percentage or games that have some easy trophies but then have a rare one that makes you unable to complete it and lowers your completion percentage

I loled at the respect points, like I care if my Ratchet and Clank games or my LEGO games make me lose respect points, they are awesome games (excluding R&C all 4 one and LEGO batman 2 for vita, they sucked)

I think what he is trying to say is that games that are 'profile killers' are either games that have very easy trophies and lower your rarity percentage or games that have some easy trophies but then have a rare one that makes you unable to complete it and lowers your completion percentage

I loled at the respect points, like I care if my Ratchet and Clank games or my LEGO games make me lose respect points, they are awesome games (excluding R&C all 4 one and LEGO batman 2 for vita, they sucked)

I find the Vita LEGO games better than the PS3 games tbh. Ever since they included an overworld, they just seem to drag on and on. LEGO Marvel made me sick of the PS3 ones, but I still love the Vita versions I've gotten via PS+.

I also really enjoyed All 4 One - can't say the same for Full Frontal Assault. I hated FFA.

The games I'll never be able to complete are:

• Dynasty Warriors Next: because of 1 damn ad hoc trophy and 99% of the players are from Asia
  • White Knight Chronicles: I've completed this game almost 2 times and only got a few bronze trophies
  • Resistance 2: 10,000 online kills and the servers are closed
  • Cubixx HD: extremly boring and very hard requirements that are based on luck and skill
  • AC Brotherhood: I sold the game before discovering this site and the game session
  • LittleBigPlanet 2: online sucks and is full of 12 year olds who only want to show of their 1001 costumes and slap the hell out of you. If you do anything about it, you'll get kicked. Diving in counts only 1 out of 5 times and there's no way I'm wasting any more time by creating stuff for 24 hours.

I find the Vita LEGO games better than the PS3 games tbh. Ever since they included an overworld, they just seem to drag on and on. LEGO Marvel made me sick of the PS3 ones, but I still love the Vita versions I've gotten via PS+.

I also really enjoyed All 4 One - can't say the same for Full Frontal Assault. I hated FFA.

Haven't played LEGO Marvel yet, but I really enjoyed legends of chima, it looked really good compared to all the other vita LEGO's, I forgot about FFA, that was also bad

The games I'll never be able to complete are:

• Dynasty Warriors Next: because of 1 damn ad hoc trophy and 99% of the players are from Asia
  • White Knight Chronicles: I've completed this game almost 2 times and only got a few bronze trophies
  • Resistance 2: 10,000 online kills and the servers are closed
  • Cubixx HD: extremly boring and very hard requirements that are based on luck and skill
  • AC Brotherhood: I sold the game before discovering this site and the game session
  • LittleBigPlanet 2: online sucks and is full of 12 year olds who only want to show of their 1001 costumes and slap the hell out of you. If you do anything about it, you'll get kicked. Diving in counts only 1 out of 5 times and there's no way I'm wasting any more time by creating stuff for 24 hours.

LOL. You're lucky even to have gotten those.

Like others, I STILL don't know what a "profile killer" is. In regards to games where story yields very little in terms of trophies, I would also put WKC and LBP2.

The king of this is retro.grade. 6 difficulty levels, and beating each one is required. Moreover, you only get one bronze for beating a difficulty. Bronzes are also achieved for beating it with no mistakes (Astro Admiral) and beating it with no mistakes after using retro rockets (continuum captain). You also must beat 50 challenges, get to the end of the challenges, and beat ALL of the challenges. 17 of the 21 trophies in the game are ultra rare, and this despite the fact that there is no online trophy whatsoever. The average completion % is 4% (i.e. on average, a player has exactly 1 of the 21 trophies).

I finally gave up on #21, with only two songs left.

Edited by starcrunch061

LittleBigPlanet 2: online sucks and is full of 12 year olds who only want to show of their 1001 costumes and slap the hell out of you. If you do anything about it, you'll get kicked. Diving in counts only 1 out of 5 times and there's no way I'm wasting any more time by creating stuff for 24 hours.

lol, online sucks, no doubt, but get that easy plat until the severs get closed.

Also just be creative for that 24h trophy ... ehm not in-game, I mean more like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqFzLqSOdOU

Edited by playstar99

Idk. Seems like my thought on the subject was right.

I don't think you'll find any games that are along the lines of what you're looking for.

Games like God of War are considered easy. Yet being easy the platinum trophy isn't rare at all. 

Games like DCUO, the base game in this case, has nothing but rare trophies yet it requires a lot of patience/work. (idk anything about the game personally. I'm sure others could shed light on it.)

The only game that comes to mind that doesn't require a soul killing grind, like Star Ocean, is Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories. It only has 3 common trophies in it, no online/mp, and doesn't require much other than patience. (I'm actually dreading starting Star Ocean TLHI...but I hear it's still fun.)

(keep in mind this is only for games that have a platinum.)

Idk. Seems like my thought on the subject was right.

I don't think you'll find any games that are along the lines of what you're looking for.

Games like God of War are considered easy. Yet being easy the platinum trophy isn't rare at all. 

Games like DCUO, the base game in this case, has nothing but rare trophies yet it requires a lot of patience/work. (idk anything about the game personally. I'm sure others could shed light on it.)

The only game that comes to mind that doesn't require a soul killing grind, like Star Ocean, is Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories. It only has 3 common trophies in it, no online/mp, and doesn't require much other than patience. (I'm actually dreading starting Star Ocean TLHI...but I hear it's still fun.)

(keep in mind this is only for games that have a platinum.)

That's a great choice. That game just sucks the fun out of the room.

That's a great choice. That game just sucks the fun out of the room.

The easiest way I could think of doing it was just going for every single thing possible on the easy settings...and then breeze through normal and proud.

Had the difficulty trophies stacked...this game would have no rare trophies at all lol. 

Are you saying we shouldn't play fun games because they have common trophies? If so, you are missing the point of video games.

Guys he is listing profile killers... Games to avoid if you hunt for rare trophies... 

Examples are:

AC: Liberation HD

Under Defeat HD

Terminator Salvation

Ben 10 

The general idea is that most of the trophies are easy to get, but there are like 1 or 2 that are REAL killers due to something stupid (like for example AdHoc Battle on SF x T Vita is going to keep most people from Plat'ing it because there's few people in your area with a Vita), or something that's just so easy it does nothing for you but random score (like Ratchet and Clank:  Into the Nexus)

I like Ratchet and Clank, but the one just mentioned was just too easy and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who doesn't like the series.

Other notorious ones I know that will keep most people from ever seeing Platinums:

C to Shining C (SSF4)

My Kung Fu is Stronger (Mortal Kombat)

Chime in.

-James