Clown Minigame Exploit

QueazyJoe

After reading lots of posts on how to acquire more gold in the game, I've recently stumbled upon a really good exploit, so I thought of sharing it:

Firstly, you need to find the Clown's throwing daggers minigame.

Try to hit as many targets as possible.

Before throwing you last dagger or hitting the last target, quit to the main menu.

Repeat it as many times you want.

- If you hit seven targets each time, you'll get 280 gold.

It was a life saver for the Thanatophobia trophy so I hope it helps. :)

Edited by QueazyJoe

This is an amazing tip... shame i average hitting 1 of those targets in the knife game >_>

You still get 10 gold for that, isn't a total waste in my eyes. I've maxed the named minigame a couple times, it's infinitely easier when you have the Dragonclass.

I still don't understand why people grind gold, it was a waste of time IMHO. 15 lives is just way too much. I did in 12 restarting for a Gigantism, Hypergonadism hokage which I killed all last 3 bosses with huge ease. Thanatofobia is relatively easy, people just get easily scared of it because they die a lot when they begin their roguelike gaming. Dying a lot on roguelikes is how it's meant to be.

There is no point in losing everything on death if you never die.

You still get 10 gold for that, isn't a total waste in my eyes. I've maxed the named minigame a couple times, it's infinitely easier when you have the Dragonclass.

I still don't understand why people grind gold, it was a waste of time IMHO. 15 lives is just way too much. I did in 12 restarting for a Gigantism, Hypergonadism hokage which I killed all last 3 bosses with huge ease. Thanatofobia is relatively easy, people just get easily scared of it because they die a lot when they begin their roguelike gaming. Dying a lot on roguelikes is how it's meant to be.

There is no point in losing everything on death if you never die.

Yuri if you died 12 times i'm not suprised the average gamer would be worried about trying to beat it in 15, lol.

Yuri if you died 12 times i'm not suprised the average gamer would be worried about trying to beat it in 15, lol.

I'm not that awesome gamer beast you think I'm and plus, I wasn't using the backup trick. I was really bored when going for this trophy, beaten Khird with my 2nd character and Ponce with my 6, then just kept playing for the LOLz for a while and on 12 I got the mentioned character, decided it was the time to kill everyone else. Easy, really, when your sword range is bigger than anyone's and you still throw then away, it's absurdely easy to win. I learned how this build was powerful by defeating the brohannes.

This "trick" is also unnecessariy time-consuming and hyper-specific and leans towards "unwieldy".  On the other hand. there are a couple of other room types whose breakables will re-spawn if you pause and quit back to the title screen and one can simply abuse THAT to farm them infinitely for cash and health/MP restoration.

The one particular minigame you point out is a relatively rare find.  That alone makes it very undependable for this "trick" because you can't count on it when you need it.

This "trick" is also unnecessariy time-consuming and hyper-specific and leans towards "unwieldy".  On the other hand. there are a couple of other room types whose breakables will re-spawn if you pause and quit back to the title screen and one can simply abuse THAT to farm them infinitely for cash and health/MP restoration.

The one particular minigame you point out is a relatively rare find.  That alone makes it very undependable for this "trick" because you can't count on it when you need it.

It is not that rare to find. For the Thanatophobia trophy, I used 9 characters and with 5 of those I found the minigame.

Also, farming gold in the "special" rooms is not a very good strategy because the loot you get is very random and most of the time you don't get anything for breaking the items. 

It is not that rare to find. For the Thanatophobia trophy, I used 9 characters and with 5 of those I found the minigame.

Also, farming gold in the "special" rooms is not a very good strategy because the loot you get is very random and most of the time you don't get anything for breaking the items. 

I'm using the "special" room gold farming method right now, and depending on the layout of the castle it is way faster. Also, I use it mainly to regenerate health because the fastest way to gain gold is to clear the castle. That way you can just heal before every room and generate money at the same time.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

Either way, you should be able to hit around level 40-50 in about 6-7 characters, quite easily, which is high enough to defeat the final boss.

Final boss is quite easy if you play patiently, just use a dash and double jump rune at least.

When the fight starts, just do nothing but walk towards the left side of the screen slowly, dont bother attacking him until he jumps and throws his axes, when he does you can auto attack him twice before he hits the ground, and he will not counterattack you with a melee strike like he does if you try to him on the ground.

If your against the wall, just quickly double jump and dash towards the right side, and repeat this until he dies. Dont bother attacking him in any other way. Phase 2 is easy just be patient.

I've done this boss multiple times without even getting hit with this technique. I haven't attempted it below level 20, but I know it would work.

Other then that, every other boss is easily defeated with the shinobi class. Herodotus being probably the hardest.

If you need to be over level 60 and farm gold and need more then 10 characters, your doing something wrong.

• Like 1