A topic on GameFAQs says you can obtain it with just the regular controller, but the rest of the internet says it can only be achieved using a Move controller since the normal DS3 was not given the ability to be used "sideways" in-game, only the Move controller was. So there seems to be no certain answer unless the GameFAQs topic is wrong.

• 1 year later...

Can someone explain me how to get exactly this trophy? I started my adventure with the move, after the first level of story mode I had 144 kills but no trophy.

I noticed that people talk about "sideways", what is that?

I don't think that it is what I'm thinking, that I should hold my move like "a gangster in a movie", I can't calibrate my move neither by this way & in few seconds my arm hurts :lol:

Edited by VirtualNight

Yh thanks for that, but without a gun support is kinda hard understand how to hold the move.

I don't know how is possible that the game can register how you are holding the move, however I managed to do it, I had to hold it so that the trigger was facing the right & the ps move button was facing the left, sorry for the bad quality but you can see my index on the trigger:

andjzb.jpg

Sometimes I had to support myself with the other arm because that position is kinda bad for me, I was sitting and keeping my move always from down to high, at least this was fine for me (I'm too tall to staying up lol), now I can do all the rest with my dear DS3.

Edited by VirtualNight

23 minutes ago, Arin1979 said:

What weapon do you use? This may only work with pistols.

I did that with the first weapon that I had, the magnum, although I died twice this hadn't compromised the trophy, at 105 kills it popped (maybe it popped with some delay or I did 5 kills without holding the move correctly).

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 14/01/2019 at 0:32 PM, sadikofffff said:

Hi guys. I want to start the game, but I do not have ps-move, I was looking for a lot of information on the forums, but some players say that they got the Yakuza trophy without a motion controller? Is this true, is there anyone who can confirm this?

I see that you have the platinum already. Did you buy the move controller? 

On 07.11.2020 at 6:40 AM, BlitzkriegHottie said:

I see that you have the platinum already. Did you buy the move controller? 

Good day, I still took ps move from a friend, in fact, I doubt that the Yakuza trophy can be obtained without a motion controller. It will also be very difficult to get S rank and complete all challenges on a regular dualshock 3.

Edited by sadikofffff

25 minutes ago, sadikofffff said:

Good day, I still took ps move from a friend, in fact, I doubt that the Yakuza trophy can be obtained without a motion controller. It will also be very difficult to get S rank and complete all challenges on a regular dualshock 3. 

Oh well. Thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll buy one move controller down the road.

What a retarded trophy, btw. Reminds me of that Eye Camera trophy from Burnout Paradise City (PS3). 

• 8 months later...
On 8/11/2020 at 4:11 PM, urbangrimer said:
Spoiler

You will need the ps move anyway as I can't see the platinum been possible on the DS3 controller. You got too be lighting fast and accurate too get s ranks. Plus it's a better experience with the move as a gun :) onrail shooters are made to be played this way .

I plat with DS3 controller, only use move for Yakuza trophy, very doable.