Servers closing?

Kirbz

ok, i know the servers are closing in US, but what about europe? i am planning to get the european version once i platinum the US version, and i was just wondering if the EU servers are going down at the same time as the US servers. i mean, i will rush the US version for the platinum so the servers dont close on me, but i was planning to put some more time into demons souls european version once i get it if the servers dont close.

all i could find is that the US servers are going down, but nothing about the european servers.

For reference, if you want to go for the triple platinum, the Chinese servers are fine too. I was happily using them just yesterday.

yeah but where am i going to find an asian version of the game? :( i have family in europe, so it will be easy for me to get that, but an asian version will be harder/more expensive. also, isnt it japanese? xD

I knew that Europe gets treated better than America by Sony!!! Conspiracy I tell you! :)

You're joking, right?

Sony has nothing to do with it, the US publisher is Atlus and the EU publisher is Namco Bandai, they're the ones in charge of the servers.

As for Sony, they gave the US the PS3 over six months before they gave Europe it, and almost all first party games come out in the US at least a few days before Europe, even ones developed in the UK like LittleBigPlanet.

Still, there's one thing we can all agree on, and that's that compared to Japan, we both get shafted by releases.

yeah but where am i going to find an asian version of the game? :( i have family in europe, so it will be easy for me to get that, but an asian version will be harder/more expensive. also, isnt it japanese?

The Japanese version is in Japanese. The Chinese version is in (badly translated) English, according to your console's language setting. Getting CHV (common shorthand for "Chinese Version") is easy, there's generally always one or two floating about on eBay, given that the Platinum version of the game is still in print.

• Like 1

You're joking, right?

Sony has nothing to do with it, the US publisher is Atlus and the EU publisher is Namco Bandai, they're the ones in charge of the servers.

As for Sony, they gave the US the PS3 over six months before they gave Europe it, and almost all first party games come out in the US at least a few days before Europe, even ones developed in the UK like LittleBigPlanet.

Still, there's one thing we can all agree on, and that's that compared to Japan, we both get shafted by releases.

The Japanese version is in Japanese. The Chinese version is in (badly translated) English, according to your console's language setting. Getting CHV (common shorthand for "Chinese Version") is easy, there's generally always one or two floating about on eBay, given that the Platinum version of the game is still in print.

would you be willing to sell yours when youre done with it? or can you find me a cheap one on ebay? :P

would you be willing to sell yours when youre done with it? or can you find me a cheap one on ebay? :P

Depends what you define as "cheap". http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Sony-Playstation-3-PS3-Game-Demons-Souls-Best-Asia-HK-Ver-English-/150797375409?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item231c3957b1#ht_3271wt_1037 is £23.50 / $40 which is more than I've seen it for before. That's sent from Hong Kong so even if you're US based that listing should still be valid and about the same price. I was lucky, and I got mine for £11 / ~$18, so if you do a search on eBay maybe every week or so, one will turn up that's quite a bit cheaper, I would think.

As for my copy, I'm a collector, so I'm afraid that I'm rather eager to hold on to it. Sorry about that.

Depends what you define as "cheap". http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_3271wt_1037 is £23.50 / $40 which is more than I've seen it for before. That's sent from Hong Kong so even if you're US based that listing should still be valid and about the same price. I was lucky, and I got mine for £11 / ~$18, so if you do a search on eBay maybe every week or so, one will turn up that's quite a bit cheaper, I would think.

As for my copy, I'm a collector, so I'm afraid that I'm rather eager to hold on to it. Sorry about that.

yeah this one is expensive :( ill just go for US and EU plat then :P thanks

You're joking, right?

I can see your point, also, it sucks that Sony is a Japanese country as if it was an American country, most likely America would get stuff WAY sooner, and the same goes for Europe. The Japanese are so lucky, except for last year's tsunami! :(

Depends what you define as "cheap". http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_3271wt_1037 is £23.50 / $40 which is more than I've seen it for before. That's sent from Hong Kong so even if you're US based that listing should still be valid and about the same price. I was lucky, and I got mine for £11 / ~$18, so if you do a search on eBay maybe every week or so, one will turn up that's quite a bit cheaper, I would think.

im either the fucking luckiest person on earth, or the most unlucky. i went to gamestop to get demons souls. turn it in at home. BOOM NEW TROPHY LIST! check trophies, its the asian version... well, now i just gotta hope i can get my hands on the US version before the servers close xD going for triple plat.. definitely going for triple plat xD

im either the fucking luckiest person on earth, or the most unlucky. i went to gamestop to get demons souls. turn it in at home. BOOM NEW TROPHY LIST! check trophies, its the asian version... well, now i just gotta hope i can get my hands on the US version before the servers close

Wow, very lucky! Congrats, and good luck. :D

So glad this is only the US and not my other two copies :P. Fucking love this game and be mad if could never get online and duel anymore. Be nice if Namco or Sony or whoever could get the servers from Atlus to keep them running and mix with their's or soemthing? Know that's not possible with lists but could be cool :D