Who wants to play Okami? Sign ups UPDATED

Superbuu3

You know I posted a status update a month or so back asking if people would be interested in platinum races. You could try that here :).

Regardless I always wanted to play this game. I rented it for the PS2 but barely got to play any of it, I now have it for PSN so maybe this is my motivation to play it :) So sign me up and if anyone wants to race (yuri) then let me know and we can try that too :D

You know I posted a status update a month or so back asking if people would be interested in platinum races. You could try that here :).

Regardless I always wanted to play this game. I rented it for the PS2 but barely got to play any of it, I now have it for PSN so maybe this is my motivation to play it :) So sign me up and if anyone wants to race (yuri) then let me know and we can try that too :D

I considered a platinum race but that works better on short games I think if we did that on a RPG like this cahnces are people would burnout be sick of the game adn then send me hate mail.  On the plus side i'd get mail :D.

• Like 1

I've already played through the game and have the platinum, but going through it again will allow me to see some of the things that I overlooked on my first run (or even my run when I played it on the Wii). Sign me up.

Also, from what I remember, there are only I believe 2 missable trophies: the one for collecting all of the stray beads (because of one missable bead) and the other being for defeating all of the enemies (Also because of a single missable enemy).

Edited by BlueFireReaper V-II
  • Like 1

I've already played through the game and have the platinum, but going through it again will allow me to see some of the things that I overlooked on my first run (or even my run when I played it on the Wii). Sign me up.

Also, from what I remember, there are only I believe 2 missable trophies: the one for collecting all of the stray beads (because of one missable bead) and the other being for defeating all of the enemies (Also because of a single missable enemy).

Technically 4 as you can't die 5 times (i'll double check these later), and theres one for a plot relevant sequence and you can't fail it.  I think what i'll do is list them all at the top of the topic and then when we reach the points the missable part happens i'll remind everyone, i'll also list all the floral finishers.

BTW thanks for signing up I think this will run smoother having someone who knows the game already.  Its also nice to know this is a game thats worth replaying so this will hopefully be lots of fun.

Is this like a videogame book club?  It's sounds awesome, I'm in.  I bought it when it was on sale and played like an hour and haven't touched it since.

Yes, pretty much let's hope it doesn't turn out to be like one of those book clubs where no one reads the book, lol.

• Like 1

Technically 4 as you can't die 5 times (i'll double check these later), and theres one for a plot relevant sequence and you can't fail it.  I think what i'll do is list them all at the top of the topic and then when we reach the points the missable part happens i'll remind everyone, i'll also list all the floral finishers.

Right, I remember what you're talking about, although the plot relevant one was easy for me so I forgot that it was missable, as well as the fact that when I played through on both the Wii and PS3 versions, I never died (closest I got was to game over was my Wii run on the final boss no less xD). The game itself is pretty easy, but the other aspects of the game completely balance it out.

BTW thanks for signing up I think this will run smoother having someone who knows the game already.  Its also nice to know this is a game thats worth replaying so this will hopefully be lots of fun.

fyi, it only counts as a death if you see the game over screen, if you die and you get revived by the astral pouch it doesnt count, and even then i found it hard to even get to that point, i only needed to be revived once throughout the whole game.

fyi, it only counts as a death if you see the game over screen, if you die and you get revived by the astral pouch it doesnt count, and even then i found it hard to even get to that point, i only needed to be revived once throughout the whole game.

Oh cool, btw as you've played this before, a few questions;

1. Do you happen to know if its autosave and if we can have multiple save files?

2. Is there a point of no return?

3. Are we free to collect stuff in the world after beating the boss?

Oh cool, btw as you've played this before, a few questions;

1. Do you happen to know if its autosave and if we can have multiple save files?

2. Is there a point of no return?

3. Are we free to collect stuff in the world after beating the boss?

1. no autosave, you have to save it yourself and you can have multiples

2. there is a point of no return and the game will warn you about it

3. no. but you can just load up your save from the point of no return and backtrack, there's also new game plus if you do miss stuff

Edited by Vanilla

I don't own the game but, I just stopped by and read the concept of the thread and it sounds really fun. Good job! :)

I'll likely put up some gameplay (not the whole thing as the games too long) so you can see if its worth a purchase or follow the story.

It's be nice to give everyone a chance to join in on the discussion.

Edited by Superbuu3

Think this is a wonderful idea! I'd totally be up for joining if I hadn't just bought a couple of pre owned games and have a mountain of coursework to return to next week :'(
It will be interesting to read your thoughts on the game and hopefully pick up a few tips for when I do get round to playing it :D
Good Luck with the game everyone :highfive:

Don't have this game but if it happens again and I own the game I will join.

Originally I was planning on doing previous playstation plus games as that should technically mean more people have them.  Although we'll worry about future games later assuming people actually stick with it through to the end.  When we're halfway through this playthrough I'll make a thread about possible future titles. I've got a bunch of ideas on how we could possibly expand, but I want to see if this actually works first and loads of people don't just drop out or something.

I haven't shown Yuri this topic yet so I don't wanna start dragging him along too much lol.

Originally I was planning on doing previous playstation plus games as that should technically mean more people have them.  Although we'll worry about future games later assuming people actually stick with it through to the end.  When we're halfway through this playthrough I'll make a thread about possible future titles. I've got a bunch of ideas on how we could possibly expand, but I want to see if this actually works first and loads of people don't just drop out or something.

I haven't shown Yuri this topic yet so I don't wanna start dragging him along too much lol.

Gotcha. As long as I have trophies I haven't earned from the game that is chosen I will be playing it. This could also help with games that have online trophies to have a dedicated group playing all at once. Also if a member is having trouble with a part of the game or a trophy, someone in the group would be able to help them because the game will still be fresh in their head. This is actually a great idea I think.

Edited by skateak

In europe okami hd was a plus title way back in april '13 so you should have plenty of takers. I tried okami but it wasn't my cup of tea but I like the idea. I think your idea would work very well on any games that have a multiplayer component. Especially if they are older plus games where the multiplayer is dead. You could all play together and help each other with trophy boosting

Gotcha. As long as I have trophies I haven't earned from the game that is chosen I will be playing it. This could also help with games that have online trophies to have a dedicated group playing all at once. Also if a member is having trouble with a part of the game or a trophy, someone in the group would be able to help them because the game will still be fresh in their head. This is actually a great idea I think.

In europe okami hd was a plus title way back in april '13 so you should have plenty of takers. I tried okami but it wasn't my cup of tea but I like the idea. I think your idea would work very well on any games that have a multiplayer component. Especially if they are older plus games where the multiplayer is dead. You could all play together and help each other with trophy boosting

This is actually a great idea guys I hadn't thought of it, but seems like a solid plan.

• Like 1

I'm actually surprised how big this has become. World Domination should be superbuu3's next step, I suppose.

If I'm not wrong, mayus said he can only start on the weekend, so we are waiting until the weekend to start, right? It's best if we all start together.

I've barely skimmed through the OP, so I might be redundanct about saying this, but me and Buu agreed to stop at certain points, so no one actually is left behind (unless they really avoid playing the game althogether). We believe that playing like this, we will have less (expecting none) leftovers. I would be very happy if everyone in the group was able to get the platinum, seriously.

Me and Buu are wondering which can be the next game. If anyone wants to be warned through PM about the game we decide, please let me know, so I can PM you when the decision is made. Hopefully you all will have the game and will be able to participate. My game is also from my EU plus account, btw.

• Like 1