Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness Announced For PlayStation 4 And PlayStation 3

Let the grinding begin. This might be a good excuse to try Star Ocean 4.

Right there with you on that one. Never played it but Star Ocean: The Second Story is one of the best games I have ever played.

EDIT: So excited. It even has the original devs. I want this more than Final Fantasy 15 now.

Edited by skateak

PS3 too? I'd rather the developers focus all their time making the best game they can rather than having to worry about last gen hardware, hopefully it doesn't effect the game negatively, 

Parker

They are clearly trying to maximize the profit. But hey maybe SO6 will be ps4 only. Not to mention that I still think SO5 will be awesome! 

It is about goddang time.

PS3 too? I'd rather the developers focus all their time making the best game they can rather than having to worry about last gen hardware, hopefully it doesn't effect the game negatively, 

Parker

While it certainly could affect gameplay negatively, graphics are never a huge issue on Star Ocean (or RPGs in general). I have no problem with the decision. My personal guess is that this game has been knocked around for a long time (it's been YEARS since The Last Hope was developed), and is probably a PS3 game in an unconvincing PS4 skin.

Edited by starcrunch061

Awesome news, i need to get back to Star Ocean 4 for the time being.

@killivincent - “For Star Ocean 5, I wanted the game to overtly take cues from Star Ocean 3 and draw its essence from that game.” - Shuichi Kobayashi (Producer)

That's awesome, too. Star Ocean: Till The End of Time was the apex of the series.

The only SO game I've ever played was Star Ocean Til the End of Time on PS2, and THAT was a fantastic game! Got The Last Hope Interntional Edition (have yet to play it :P) and I will be picking this up for the PS3 whenever its released. May just kick around and get the Limited Edition of this game.

Edited by kidson2004