Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness Announced For PlayStation 4 And PlayStation 3

Awesome, another Star Ocean game! I've been waiting for this for the longest. :D

Now that I think about it, they should consider of making a remastered version of Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. 

Wow!! You've read my mind lol I was thinking the same exact thing earlier today!

• Like 1

Interesting that they're not doing it for Xbox too given from what I can find SO4 on the 360 actually outsold the PS3 version. It obviously has nothing to do with the power of the PS4 as opposed to the Xbox One since they're doing SO5 for the PS3 as well.

Edited by ScutumMagister

^ SO4 was released a year earlier on the 360, and at one point Square had mentioned they weren't going to release a PS3 version. I guess many people had already bought the 360 version, I bought the limited ed for the 360 and only played the ps3 version recently.

^ SO4 was released a year earlier on the 360, and at one point Square had mentioned they weren't going to release a PS3 version. I guess many people had already bought the 360 version, I bought the limited ed for the 360 and only played the ps3 version recently.

True, but I think that just points to they should make it for both since they obviously don't know how it would have done if released for both systems at the same time. Granted they might not have the money to actually do it for both but who knows.

It would be funny though if they just do the reverse of what they did with SO4 and release an international edition for Xbox one year later.

Star Ocean "Series" Trailer:

Star Ocean 5's prologue, all copied and pasted from Gematsu:

"Do the depths of space forbid peace for mankind—

Centuries after leaving Earth, after a multitude of trials, with the creation and spread of the ‘Galactic Federation,’ humanity was on the verge of unified order and peace.

But the embers of conflict have begun to burn again.

Over 6,000 light years from Earth, on the unsettled planet, ‘Feycreed.’

Just as so many times before, the waves of history begin from a remote planet."

The game is set in the year 537 on the space calendar, so it’s between Star Ocean 2 and 3. The “Gravity Warp” has been developed on Earth.

Edited by Quaedam_Animae
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Star Ocean "Series" Trailer:

Star Ocean 5's prologue, all copied and pasted from Gematsu:

"Do the depths of space forbid peace for mankind—

Centuries after leaving Earth, after a multitude of trials, with the creation and spread of the ‘Galactic Federation,’ humanity was on the verge of unified order and peace.

But the embers of conflict have begun to burn again.

Over 6,000 light years from Earth, on the unsettled planet, ‘Feycreed.’

Just as so many times before, the waves of history begin from a remote planet."

The game is set in the year 537 on the space calendar, so it’s between Star Ocean 2 and 3. The “Gravity Warp” has been developed on Earth.

here's the same trailer from before, with english subtitles!!! via kotaku

http://kotaku.com/the-trailer-for-star-ocean-v-with-english-subtitles-1702766144?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Engrish is cute?

It's not just Engrish, though. I mean - integrity and faithlessness? It doesn't really scream space saga or sci fi. Till the End of Time? I can get behind that. The Last Hope? Easy enough. Even things like The Second Story is OK, because it describes the product (and speaking of hilarious localization, the end credits of that game are just fantastic).

But Integrity and Faithlessness sounds like someone trying to sound bright (philosophical), and failing.

• 1 month later...