Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness Announced For PlayStation 4 And PlayStation 3

this game got a nice loli to it seems, i like her allready better then the one in star ocean 4

And Winter 2015 in Japan for those who cannot wait long enough for the loli =D

hehe, i was just thinking the same thing, i really liked the loli, it was the first thing where my eye was on when the trailer started, i even forget to watch the waifu :lol:

The only thing that jarred with the presentation for me is when Kobayashi declared that he "aimed to improve the overall experience and breakaway form the notion that JRPGs are nothing more than movies" when already having stated his desire to keep it traditional.

The jabs of seamlessness (not a word) and "actually showing what the game will play like" seemed a bit out of place considering Hitman, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and a couple of other Square projects were doing with their presentations what he seems to be criticising in his.

Plus the number of excuses "early HUD, 30FPS now - 60 FPS later, etc" seem very out of place when trying to sell yourself as much as possible - focusing too much on negatives and not enough on positives.

This presentation was the only one that really missed for me, but the footage and the amazing backing track really drew my attention and I'm eagerly anticipating another 500 hour Platinum.

Edited by LastPisTolman
  • Like 1

The only thing that jarred with the presentation for me is when Kobayashi declared that he "aimed to improve the overall experience and breakaway form the notion that JRPGs are nothing more than movies" when already having stated his desire to keep it traditional.

The jabs of seamlessness (not a word) and "actually showing what the game will play like" seemed a bit out of place considering Hitman, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and a couple of other Square projects were doing with their presentations what he seems to be criticising in his.

Plus the number of excuses "early HUD, 30FPS now - 60 FPS later, etc" seem very out of place when trying to sell yourself as much as possible - focusing too much on negatives and not enough on positives.

This presentation was the only one that really missed for me, but the footage and the amazing backing track really drew my attention and I'm eagerly anticipating another 500 hour Platinum.

I agree. I mean before they said it I never saw JRPGs as movies, hope that doesn't impact the game in a negative way. But so far the game looks awesome!!

I agree. I mean before they said it I never saw JRPGs as movies, hope that doesn't impact the game in a negative way. But so far the game looks awesome!!

Sometimes I think companies have a bad habit of trying to sell a product to an audience that will never be interested in it anyway.  You won't sell water to a fish, you won't sell a JRPG to the mainstream.

Embrace what makes you strong, and become stronger still.   I'm sure it shall be fine, it just seems peculiar to me when statements like this are made. 

Sometimes I think companies have a bad habit of trying to sell a product to an audience that will never be interested in it anyway.  You won't sell water to a fish, you won't sell a JRPG to the mainstream.

Embrace what makes you strong, and become stronger still.   I'm sure it shall be fine, it just seems peculiar to me when statements like this are made. 

Completely agree. Not to mention that ,considering how fast Anime and Manga are spreading, JRPGs are becoming more and more popular. I started using internet almost every day around 2007-2008 and back then anything Anime related was hard to find compared to how easy it is today. So why market the game as if it's the opposite? Having said that I do believe it is only in the marketing considering the game looks awesome! 

I've said this as well. If you try to appeal to everybody, you'll lose what makes you special to the fanbase you've already established. Don't get greedy.

This looks great! Hope to see more this Winter along with FFVII

• Like 1

Sometimes I think companies have a bad habit of trying to sell a product to an audience that will never be interested in it anyway. You won't sell water to a fish, you won't sell a JRPG to the mainstream.

Embrace what makes you strong, and become stronger still. I'm sure it shall be fine, it just seems peculiar to me when statements like this are made.

Nonsense. JRPGs sold perfectly fine in the "mainstream" for years. they may not sell 5 million copies anymore, but since when did million-sellers suddenly not rank as "mainstream"?

People bored of JRPGs precisely because they hid crap gameplay behind lavish cutscenes, and then hid in an echo chamber of a vocal internet minority. I doubt Tri-Ace is the company to shake things up, but I for one welcome a turn from the predictable "run through a dungeon to fight a boss and earn a movie" play to something more interactive (and I've played JRPGs longer than most posters here have been living).

Edited by starcrunch061

Nonsense. JRPGs sold perfectly fine in the "mainstream" for years. they may not sell 5 million copies anymore, but since when did million-sellers suddenly not rank as "mainstream"?

People bored of JRPGs precisely because they hid crap gameplay behind lavish cutscenes, and then hid in an echo chamber of a vocal internet minority. I doubt Tri-Ace is the company to shake things up, but I for one welcome a turn from the predictable "run through a dungeon to fight a boss and earn a movie" play to something more interactive (and I've played JRPGs longer than most posters here have been living).

Umm none of us said "run through a dungeon to fight a boss and earn a movie" was good nor did the developer say that they are doing something different then that. We were only talking how maybe some things that aren't bad should not be fixed but the fixes that they are putting in are looking awesome. And that the only bad thing in SO5 is the marketing not the game itself. 

Grant Morrison said it best in his X-Men manifesto. Don't worry about the core fans. They'll buy it anyway.

Cutting back on boring cut scenes in an attempt to make a more interactive game = GREAT

Trying to market your game to people other than the gocal internet minority = GREAT

If Level-5 had followed the "give to your fans" strategy, they would probably be out of business after releasing yet another odious WKC game. Instead, they (finally) cut their losses on that stinkstorm, and produced the immaculate Ni No Kuni.

I like the marketing thus far.

• 2 months later...