Why the Call of Duty Hate?

TheLiamK

Not specifically on PSNP but the internet in general there are tonnes of people who seem to absolutely hate this series. I never had much of an opinion on it because I haven't played enough to warrant one but I played Modern Warfare 1 on the 360 and I'm currently playing Ghosts on the PS3 and I'm having a whole bunch of fun. It is one of those things where it's "cool" to not like it because it's popular it so people don't or is there some other reason I'm missing. Just curious really; i get that people might not like the games because it's not their thing and that's all good but when people go out of their way to hate it it seems a bit odd.

• Like 2

It seems like most people hate it because there is very little change between the games in the series. They're also filled with cliches and are very generic. I like playing them because of the competitive nature of the online multiplayer, but it gets boring after playing a competitive game that has only had cosmetic changes (and less players) in the past 8 years and there are other competitive games to play.

Edited by theguytom

Eh Modern warfare 1 was good, W@W was better, Modern warfare 2 was crazy, black ops was ok, Modern warfare 3 ok as well , and black ops 2 was a so-so. Im not really a fan when it comes in a futuristic fps. It doesn't really give in the hype anymore. It was ok in partial ways but now every game takes place in the future with cyber terrorist attacks or something. As well zombies being ruined after black ops 1. I dont really hate call of duty but I do hate whoevers scripting these futuristic garbage..

Not specifically on PSNP but the internet in general there are tonnes of people who seem to absolutely hate this series. I never had much of an opinion on it because I haven't played enough to warrant one but I played Modern Warfare 1 on the 360 and I'm currently playing Ghosts on the PS3 and I'm having a whole bunch of fun. It is one of those things where it's "cool" to not like it because it's popular it so people don't or is there some other reason I'm missing. Just curious really; i get that people might not like the games because it's not their thing and that's all good but when people go out of their way to hate it it seems a bit odd.

It's not my thing, but even if it were, it's so rinse and repeat. Diminishing returns sets in at some point.

I personally neither hate nor am a huge fan of the series and I don't buy every game that get's released each year neither. I played the old CoD's on PC, MW1, Ghosts and Black Ops 1 on the 360 and currently playing Black Ops 2 on the PS3.

Yes, the story isn't amazing and quite generic, Black Ops on the other hand interested me enough to buy the second game though.

Yes, the ten year olds who supposedly had sexual intercourse with my mother is annoying as hell and can understand players declaring it as the lamest fanbase, but to be honest whenever I play online I generally mute everyone.

The most vocal fans of the game give a bad reputation to the series and players in general. Every player has stories of what those fans sound like. It's a bit of game/gamer profiling, but we're all humans. Can't be helped until it's recognized by those doing the profiling. Won't probably change until the reputation changes.

ok, this is strictly my opinion mind you. i hate COD for several reasons.

1. its virtually the same game every year with updated graphics when they constantly promise innovation.

2. from day one all you find in the multiplayer is prepubesent children hackers and douchebags.

3. im a story driven gamer and the story mode is shit. they spend all their efforts on mulitplayer it seems to me.

again, just my opinions.

• Like 1

most people hate it because it's the cool thing to do. Just like hating on the arrow to the knee joke. There were more jokes about how overused the arrow to the knee jokes were than there were arrow to the knee jokes. People like to copy a vocal opinion about something they know nothing about. Alot of people who dislike cod will use "There are only childeren who cuss that play cod" as an argument but that is the same for bf,ac, Killzone, GTA 5, MAG. basicaly any mp games has cussing kids, and they show up as frequent as the ones in cod.

Edited by DDrag00n
  • Like 3

Call of Duty Ghost was so Hated, That single player and Coop is so Insanely Great. I don't care about that Competitive MP. I avoid that part of All the Call of Duty Games like a plague. I despise Competitive Multiplayer. I play it for the single player and Coop.

• Like 2

It seems a lot of it is based around the community/multiplayer then? I haven't touched that part yet, probably wont unless there are trophies involved.The single player was fun but fogetable and I'm having a blast in extraction. CoD seems like the game version of a popcorn flick, something you can just sit back and enjoy and then forget about when its done. besides, the dog in the campaign was super hype ^,^

• Generic - Used the same game engine since 2007

• Too static; bland - Needs more intractable environments (is there even any?), should take a few pages from DICE

• Terrible community - Boasting with prepubescent, pretentious males with superiority complexes to make up for the lack of their own self-worth and to harden their e-peens

The games have always had good indulging campaigns, I'll give them that. But apart from that... I can't think of anymore pros

Edited by Aela
  • Like 2