Metro Redux Sells 1.5 Million Copies!

ZeroXOF

Pretty cool. Still not happy with the quality of the X1 version but I can't hate them for at least trying. 

Part of the article:

"We are thrilled with the performance of Metro Redux," Deep Silver executive Menno Van der Bil said. "4A Games have created one of the benchmarks by which other re-masters will be judged, and we have seen their efforts rewarded with fantastic critical and commercial success. Metro Redux has introduced many new fans to the series, and we look forward to reaching a whole new audience on Mac."

Read more at Gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/metro-redux-sells-1-5-million-copies/1100-6426640/

Good to hear that it sold 1.5 millions copes. I love the metro series but when 2033 came out, I don't hear a thing about until 6 months before last light release date. I fell in love the game that day. I would like the 3rd game (If they make it) to be a prequel that starts seconds before the nukes are dropped with people running to the metro stations. Showing them trying to survive in there new lives and there first encounter mutants and other weird stuff.

I'm happy to hear that these games are getting the success they deserve. Part of me wishes they'd gotten that success on their original release (Last Light was pretty successful, wasn't it?) instead of the remaster, which is sending the wrong meassge to developers, but still the money could've gotten much worse places.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

Went through the game four times to 100% completion on Xbox 360. Then got the Redux for PS4 and did it all over again on a previous account.

Was going through my games to see what to go through next and I saw these gems. The third game isn't awful, but for me it was the weakest. Lost Light is my most favourite, but when I started Metro 2033 Redux an hour or so ago, the love for the game came flooding back. 

They also lightened up on a few of the requirements you needed for the 360/PS3 completions like discovering a vast majority of the areas and finding gold ammo or something. I know because even though they're not required on Redux, I still do them as you always find extra ammo and stuff :D. Fantastic series. Was sad that they plan to go more online for there next game, but at the same time I get it. Metro 2033 series is an underappreciated masterpiece, but it just didn't secure enough for the company to truly invest. The big money is online gaming as long as they build it well. 

Then again, with everything thats going on over there they may have more severe but important matters to be concerned with.