Ally trophies are a scam

usrmd

The requirements for each ally are the EXACT SAME.  You do not need more missions or side quests for some versus others.  The reason some unlock sooner than others is, as I've already said, some Allies you start the game with, and others you recruit 4-5 main missions into the game.  Also, as I mentioned in my last post, some missions don't complete until you get back to the Normandy and are essentially party-less.  No one gets credit for these.  If you're worried about which ones, read up on each mission before you do it. 

This cannot be true, because the missions do not count as wholes. They are split into objectives, and each objective with a check next to it is counted towards the trophies. Missions/assignments that are completed "on the Normandy" do count. I know this first hand as I unlocked trophies on missions that turn in on the Normandy before completing said mission but after completing an objective, such as "go to the mercenary base", do that, trophy unlocks.. mission is not completed yet.

Also, characters do not have the same requirements. This is obvious. I recruited Wrex and Garrus 1 mission apart, but Garrus first. Wrex trophy unlocked first, and quite a few missions later I got Garrus. This directly contradicts what you're saying there.

I did follow the guide you linked for 2 runs and I got my last trophies on Feros (Ashley and Kaiden) and Liara during the grounded part of the game. Although, I finished every assignment/mission available up to those points with the characters I was going for. The only difference between what the guide says and what I did for Wrex and Garrus was doing Noveria first. I did Feros first with them, and their trophies didn't unlock until 60+ missions/assignments completed and only Ilos left to complete.

• Like 1

This cannot be true, because the missions do not count as wholes. They are split into objectives, and each objective with a check next to it is counted towards the trophies. Missions/assignments that are completed "on the Normandy" do count. I know this first hand as I unlocked trophies on missions that turn in on the Normandy before completing said mission but after completing an objective, such as "go to the mercenary base", do that, trophy unlocks.. mission is not completed yet.

Also, characters do not have the same requirements. This is obvious. I recruited Wrex and Garrus 1 mission apart, but Garrus first. Wrex trophy unlocked first, and quite a few missions later I got Garrus. This directly contradicts what you're saying there.

I did follow the guide you linked for 2 runs and I got my last trophies on Feros (Ashley and Kaiden) and Liara during the grounded part of the game. Although, I finished every assignment/mission available up to those points with the characters I was going for. The only difference between what the guide says and what I did for Wrex and Garrus was doing Noveria first. I did Feros first with them, and their trophies didn't unlock until 60+ missions/assignments completed and only Ilos left to complete.

I didn't experience anything remotely like this in 6 playthroughs on 2 systems.  When I used Garrus and Wrex I ALWAYS got Garrus' achievement/trophy first.  And I only used them for every mission the second I got them on my insanity runs.  You can check my timestamps to see.  Whatever you are doing, it's influencing your trophies, and it is 100% something you are doing.  Either you started missions without Garrus (or other allies) in your squad, you finished missions without them in your squad, or you are miscounting.  There is no difference in mission count for allies.  None.  It's been proven a million times since the game came out on 360.  I know its new to PS3, but its not a new game.  And the ally system didn't get an overhaul on PS3, it's untouched from the 360 version.  You telling me Garrus unlocked way after Wrex only proves that you did not use him properly on that playthrough.  Saying that because his trophy unlocked late just for you contradicts me, when what I say is supported by millions of players who got the trophies and achievements in the correct order, is part of the reason it took years for 360 players to nail this down.  And make no mistake, they did nail it down.  It just took a long time for thousands of people saying the same thing to be heard over the 1 guy who did something wrong and tried to say the achievements don't work the way everyone else knows they do.

If you want to believe that, that's ok.  It's your game.  I already have the trophies.  I was only trying to provide already proven and concrete evidence to help you, but I no longer feel like wasting my time.

If you want to believe that, that's ok.  It's your game.  I already have the trophies.  I was only trying to provide already proven and concrete evidence to help you, but I no longer feel like wasting my time.

I also have the platinum, just as a few other posters here.

Check my trophy time stamps for Garrus and Wrex if you must, they are 2 hours apart. Garrus first. I tried to leave Citadel without recruiting Wrex, but he auto approaches if you go to C-Sec with only Garrus the first time. If you read any of my posts here, you'd know I followed a guide from the beginning, and read up on these trophies before trying to platinum. Didn't use them right? Miscounted? wow. You do a mission, get the NPC character, put them in your party and thats that. I left Garrus and Wrex in my party full time, they were the first 2 missions I did off of the Normandy at the beginning of the game, recruited Garrus first but got his trophy second. Period. Good day to you.

P.S. I've done 4 playthroughs, woohoo to your 6 big whoop. I only had issues with Garrus and Wrex. Clearly there was a problem. I've read enough forum posts about this to see I'm not the only one who completes 75+% of content with no trophies unlocking.

• Like 1