Should I buy it?

Finozzi1696

I liked it. It has almost no replay value (that's the problem with murder mysteries), but it was a fun game to play and the trophies aren't hard. The art style is really creative and needing to keep track of your matches so that you don't descend into complete darkness is suspenseful. The light mechanics are pretty well implemented for puzzles and atmosphere, and while the ghosts aren't especially terrifying, they can still give you a scare if you're not prepared.

tl;dr I'm glad I got it, and I look forward to seeing what the developers might make next

Eh, it was pretty mediocre in my opinion. The story is whatever, the gameplay is one dimensional and my god the camera is shit. There are parts of the game where the art style is a hindrance more than just aesthetic. It's fairly short and the platinum is easy. It had a lot of potential but silly design decisions made it fall flat. I'd pick it up for cheap if you want the easy plat but don't go in expecting anything great.

Edited by Boooda

• 2 weeks later...

The best thing about this game is its unique visual style. The rest is ok, mediocre or bad. The most annoying thing are the ghosts encounters... fixed camera angles really provide no assistance in avoiding them and there are areas where you can die 10+ times before you get to the next savepoint. You also have be in a hurry quite often since the main character can carry only 12 matches and they run out pretty quickly.

Overall it's a decent game, but I'd be mad if I paid full price for it (bought it in the PS Store sale).

Edited by strangerGOL

• 2 months later...

As its on the sale I would go for it. The only problem is, it can be quite frustrating at times. There are lots of matches everywhere so its quite unlikely to run out.

If you do get it I would start it at 8pm and try and finish it before 8am next day to get the white night trophy (If you care for getting them all) and also change the date on the PS to March 5th that way you will get the full moon trophy and get the moon ending :)

As its on the sale I would go for it. The only problem is, it can be quite frustrating at times. There are lots of matches everywhere so its quite unlikely to run out.

If you do get it I would start it at 8pm and try and finish it before 8am next day to get the white night trophy (If you care for getting them all) and also change the date on the PS to March 5th that way you will get the full moon trophy and get the moon ending :)

Can you change the time your PS4 is set to to get the overnight trophy? Like, set it to 8pm on 5 March when you start then - if you do away and come back later - set it to, say 11pm on 5 March when you continue?