Journey coming to PS4 this summer both digitally and on Blu-ray

Azaan60

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a642108/journey-releasing-on-ps4-this-summer-both-digitally-and-on-blu-ray.html#~pa5CnUzk3J9TgI

The PS4 re-release of Journey will have a summer release date, Sony has revealed.

As well as a digital release on PlayStation Network, it will also be available on Blu-ray alongside fellow thatgamecompany titles flOw and Flower as part of the Journey Collector's Edition.

journey-ps3.jpg

The PS4 re-release was announced last year at gamescom.

Originally released in 2012, the award-winning PS3 adventure will be remastered to run in a full 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second.

Journey will be cross-buy, meaning owners of the PS3 original on PlayStation Network will get the PS4 version for free at launch.

I'm kind of excited, I've been waiting for a PS4 version to finally try out this game.

Edited by Azaan60
  • Like 1

*Yawn* another remaster.

Would it be so hard to see new games on PS4 and not remasters?

I dont think its one or the other - a studio doing a remaster gives them the chance to learn the new systems strengths and weaknesses while working on a known quantity - with a low investment cost and a relatively predictable profit margin.

That knowledge and bankroll can then, hopefully, be rolled into a new game, setting the studio up in a much better position than theywould just fyling into a new game first.

I personally dont have a problem wih all the remasters we have had this generation, as they are mostly taking the place of the early shite games that come out as the companies are learning the new systems architecture. Id rather have The Last of Us remastered than Genji: Days of the Blade.

Noone is forcing you to buy them, and whats more, there are a larfe block of people on PS4 that have been away from Sony since the PS2 - so it makes sense for some of the exclusives from pS3 to be rereleased - Journey, TLoU, GoW etc - the third parties are just jumping on board because presumably they are seeing a profit bring made on this stuff and want to wet thier beaks too.

In the end, if they are selling, which they must be, they will keep getting made - and lets not pretend us trophy hunters arnt adding to the problem - how many of us had a niggling thought of "another easy 100%" in thier mindswhen they read this - i know some of you did, and my guess is that those who get all haughty and deny it are the main culprits!

Also.... Cmon.... Its Journey.

Its great!

• Like 2

Annnd here comes the hate. I don't understand why everybody just has to bash on remasters as if they're delaying the new games coming out later.

I get that not everyone is going be excited, but it's really not hurting anybody since remastered editions are usually not handled by the original developers of the original version. New games are coming.

I think it's great they're remastering this particular game. There are so many people this gen that jumped ship from Xbox and now they'll finally get to play this masterpiece. Plus, it's cross buy so anyone who has played it on PS3 can re experience it on PS4 without paying an extra penny.

Hey I am all for people playing Journey, the game is amazing and people should check it out. That being said no other generation has had this many remasters ever. The system is a little over a year old and it has almost as many remasters as original new games.

I wasn't really excited for the PS4 when it was announced (as it didn't really offer anything didn't from the PS3 that I was interested in) but as time goes on there is less and less incentive to get a PS4 as I can play most of its best games on the PS3.

Now sure there are some games I am interested in like Batman and Uncharted 4, but I am going to have to wait a year or so more for there to be enough original content to justify the hefty price tag.

• Like 1

Sony are great for implementing cross buy. I know people will say we should have the game persistently, but this had to be reworked to work on ps4 and they would've still got lots of sales from people who would've happily rebought to support that game company.

Its good they are doing a physical release as this seems like a game ppl would want a disc for.