Otome VN Amnesia: Memories Coming West

Bucknerd

amnesia480x272.jpg

Idea Factory International is bringing Amnesia: Memories for PS Vita to North America and Europe via download (urgh!)  in August 2015, the publisher announced at its inaugural press event this evening.

The otome visual novel originally launched in Japan under the name Amnesia: V Edition on December 19, 2013.

Here’s an outline of the Japanese version, via Play-Asia:

Another Otome Game Cultivated for the PSV

Inspired by the critically acclaimed Japanese visual series of the same name, “
Amnesia
” is an adventure video game made for the PlayStation Vita:
Amnesia: V Edition
. Like other otome games, players will be controlling the main female character and find her love interest from various male characters from the game.
Amnesia: V Edition
is developed and published by Idea Factory.

The Female Protagonist and Her Lost Memory

In a world where you don’t remember anything, who will you trust? The game starts when the female main character wakes up without any memory of her past or who she is. With the help of Orion, a mysterious gentleman who appears to be in her side when she wakes up, they venture the world to find her lost memory. During their journey, the female protagonist receives a call from another man whom she might know but can’t remember. Follow them in this thrilling adventure video game and find her lost memory while creating exciting new ones.

• Like 4

I'm not too interested in this one so far. Ragrdless, it's Awesome to see publishers like IF, NIS America, Atlus and Xseed still localizing games for the system.

That's what keeps the system going for me.

Edited by Blue Flare

Hakuoki, Amnesia... if they're trying to localise visual novels, they shouldn't make them otome ones.   :P  Still, glad to see publishers are going more daring and localising them in the first place.

In a sense I agree - it would be best to localize something with broad appeal like they're doing with Steingate but otome fans need love too!  This is a day one download for me to support them bringing over more VNs of any genre.

• Like 1

Hakuoki, Amnesia... if they're trying to localise visual novels, they shouldn't make them otome ones.   :P  Still, glad to see publishers are going more daring and localising them in the first place.

I agree that they should bring more that appeal to broader audiences.

Not sure if I'll get this or not since I don't like buying the same game twice. I might though just to support more VNs coming over.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...