100% Completion in just under 9 minutes?! (Hack/Glitch?)

dernop

The fastest achiever got it in just under 9 minutes which is not possible. this is cleary a hack or glitch.

To make things even worse: The person in question can't be reported for whatever stupid reasons.

Could a mod or admin please look into that? Not really fair for other fellow trophy hunters! :)

thanks in advance,

dernop

• Like 1

The fastest achiever got it in just under 9 minutes which is not possible. this is cleary a hack or glitch.

To make things even worse: The person in question can't be reported for whatever stupid reasons.

Could a mod or admin please look into that? Not really fair for other fellow trophy hunters! :)

thanks in advance,

dernop

You could send a PM to a mod and explain the situation. I'm told that PS4 and PSVita games can't be reported for some reason.

You could send a PM to a mod and explain the situation. I'm told that PS4 and PSVita games can't be reported for some reason.

Because they currently can't be CFWed, so there's no need to report PS4/Vita exclusive lists.

I've actually been curious about how the guy managed to get 100% that fast, because the trophies aren't supposed to all autopop in a way that would allow someone to 100% the game in 7 minutes, unless there's a way to do it only he has figured out. I wouldn't immediately jump to it being hacked, as we'd see it on other games.

Edited by ggamer15
  • Like 2

What does that mean?

It stands for custom firmware.. So basically read it as "hackable" :)

But the ps4/vita thing about reports actually makes sense, a little bit.

I still think it's not possible by any means. The loading alone plus dlcs and temporary stuff like level up a goliath 4 times or find the fellow vault hunter wich is random rare etcetc

I still think it's not possible by any means. The loading alone plus dlcs and temporary stuff like level up a goliath 4 times or find the fellow vault hunter wich is random rare etcetc

Yeah, from how the trophies work (having to repeat one off type stuff) it shouldn't be possible to do in that short amount of time. I haven't played the game yet and haven't looked in depth at the guy's timestamps, so don't know what would be up with it. I'm certain it's not hacked though.

Yeah, from how the trophies work (having to repeat one off type stuff) it shouldn't be possible to do in that short amount of time. I haven't played the game yet and haven't looked in depth at the guy's timestamps, so don't know what would be up with it. I'm certain it's not hacked though.

yeah, i'm pretty sure we would've heard of a PS4 hack by now! ;)

the timestamps basically look legit, in terms of order and stuff.

but i did hear about some kind of trophylist-swap-glitch or something. but i dont know any details?!

Not remotely possible, even importing characters it will still take a few days not a fee minutes.

i'm pretty sure it's doable in a day or so, especially with (very) carful planning.

i actually did think about some kind of speed-challenge (fastest achiever), but when i saw that guy with 9 minutes i thought: why even bother if you can't get to the top legitimately.

to make (at least the platinum) REALLY fast, you could prepare a new character on your PS3 and boost it via splitscreen to maxlevel or at least 50-60 something. the new character would have to be the guest, so his story doesn't progress.

once it's set up and you have decent gear you either upload that save to the ps4 and faceroll the story on normal mode. You should actually level that char to some level above 50 plus 99% or so experience, so that you'll get the level trophies with the next level up easily.

Or to make it even quicker, but much more time consuming (preparation that is): Play with your new character on your PS3 and save&quit right before every story related trophy. Upload and immediately download that save to the PS4.

The PS4 actually makes copies of the downloaded char, so you can have quite a huge list of the same character right before the next story trophy... etc (don't know how many saves you are allowed to have, but perhaps you have to skip some steps that are very close to each other, trophywise. or simply upload the first batch to the PS cloud and/or USB, so you can have effectively double/triple the amount).

Then, once everything is set up, just load the saves one after another and pop the story trophies in matter of, i guess, an hour or so... for the challenges, visited areas, and cumulative trophies import your "platinum" char from ps3, fast travel somewhere, donate to moxxi, do another slaughter dome round, kill the raid boss etc and then do the "temporary" or random stuff like finding michael amaril (i think that's the name?!), find donkey mong and so on.

i think you get the point... ;)

should be possible to clock in the platinum (perhaps even DLCs if you do them this way, too) in way under 10 hours, legitimately!

but as long as the "9 minute guy" is up there, i wouldn't even try that anyways...

gotta run now, have a nice weekend everyone! :)

Edited by dernop

This is a PS4 game, so he could've autopopped it using the PS4 glitch which occurs when downloading 2 games.

Edit: On second thought, if this was the case it should've had a time of a couple of seconds, not 9 minutes.

Edited by madbuk

People who think the PS4's cant be CFW'd are right. But the trophies can still be hacked as I have seen trophies on PS4 hacked...

They are not right. Of course PS4 can be (and most likely will be) hacked. Has that already been done? Publicly, no.

But maybe someone, somewhere, already hacked his own PS4 and didn't reveiled his work.

People who think the PS4's cant be CFW'd are right. But the trophies can still be hacked as I have seen trophies on PS4 hacked...

You can't hack trophies with out CFWing the system.  What you've seen is the list swap bug that was mentioned before, which isn't a hack but a bug in the firmware that may or may not still exist (I haven't heard people bitch about it in a while so it might have gotten fixed in one of the last few firmware updates.) Even if it were that way though the 100% time would be under 10 seconds,  because the only way to have something pop that fast is having it happens  with sound shapes and then having the cloud sync pop all the trophies.  That happened with the guy who has the 9 second plat time on knack because he was one of the first people who had the bug happen. It can't have been what happened with the guy on BL2 though because the time would be shorter and there aren't any other games that you can earn a full list in 7 minutes that would have the swap glitch work the same.  

• Like 1

You can't hack trophies with out CFWing the system.  What you've seen is the list swap bug that was mentioned before, which isn't a hack but a bug in the firmware that may or may not still exist (I haven't heard people bitch about it in a while so it might have gotten fixed in one of the last few firmware updates.) Even if it were that way though the 100% time would be under 10 seconds,  because the only way to have something pop that fast is having it happens  with sound shapes and then having the cloud sync pop all the trophies.  That happened with the guy who has the 9 second plat time on knack because he was one of the first people who had the bug happen. It can't have been what happened with the guy on BL2 though because the time would be shorter and there aren't any other games that you can earn a full list in 7 minutes that would have the swap glitch work the same.  

i guess that's why you can't report PS4 games, because it isn't hacked yet. but as soon as you have a game with cross-save, this becomes completely irrelevant, because you can hack your game(save) as much as you want on your hacked ps3 and simply transfer this to the unhacked/safe PS4... kind of like a built-in backdoor.

so this "PS4 is not reportable" system has a flaw right there!

perhaps a report whitelist for PS4 games with save transfer?! 

i wish a mod or admin would finally read this thread ... *cough* ;)

i guess that's why you can't report PS4 games, because it isn't hacked yet. but as soon as you have a game with cross-save, this becomes completely irrelevant, because you can hack your game(save) as much as you want on your hacked ps3 and simply transfer this to the unhacked/safe PS4... kind of like a built-in backdoor.

so this "PS4 is not reportable" system has a flaw right there!

perhaps a report whitelist for PS4 games with save transfer?! 

i wish a mod or admin would finally read this thread ... *cough* ;)

Most games that allow that have shared lists, and you can report games that have shared lists. Only games you can't report are PS4/Vita exclusive games. You might be right though for something like BL but there's still no way to prove someone used hacked saves or not.

• Like 1

Correction, you can. My friend (who is removed off the leaderboards now) did it quite comfortably actually. Had a genuine, non-CFW'd console and hacked his trophies for LBP2. Save files are everywhere mate. Also, I'm not saying this is what happened to this particular user in BL2 but you can hack PS4 trophies like you can hack PS3 trophies. 

The guy who did it works for Gearbox.  I highly doubt it's a hack.

so? what kind of argument is that? the times are still not "legit" or "legitimately achievable", so it shouldn't be here on this site nor count for any kind of leaderboard etc.

working for a company and somehow being able to simply unlock your own games' trophies, is just as much of a unfair advantage or cheating as everything else (using save games etc.)

by this logic i would just have to start working as a software engineer at sony and simply unlock all trophies for me, to get to #1 leaderboard. and since i work for sony and have unfair advantages in terms of trophy-access, this would be legit... is that what you're saying? ;)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...