Do you hide trophies?

EpicNogg4

535 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hide trophies?

• Yes
    • No

I only hide games on my profile that I do not own. A friend came over with FIFA and a WWE game a few years ago, I'm never playing either of those again, so those are hidden.

Also, a few PSN games my friends shared back when that was an easier process are hidden too. Braid, X-Men Arcade... Never payed for them myself, and don't have them installed anymore, so those are hidden.

If I own a game, and it isn't 100% complete, I'll continue to chip away at it but I'm not gonna hide my hard work.

Edited by ocstat
  • Like 3

Personally, I hid some trophies because they either belong to games my brother played on my profile or to games I tried once and didn't like. That is to say, I hid the trophies from every game I don't actually own, just to accurately reflect what is indeed my personal game profile. I'd gladly transfer them to my brother's account/permanently delete them... if only Sony would let me.

Though I wouldn't recommend you hide trophies for the mere fact that they're now unobtainable. If you can't get 100% completion on some games, you should just... honestly, suck it up. As Humonic said, your profile is supposed to be a record of your gaming history, so to hide them just because you can't 100% them sounds kinda cheap to me.

But in the end, it's your profile, so do what you feel is the most appropriate for you.

• Like 4

There was a time were I shared a psn account with my brother so he started a lot of games and got like 1 or 2 trophies so I couldn't delete them with the 0% delete patch so I chose to hide them because it doesn't represent me and my game library, also many of them we no longer own so for now I can't finish them.  :)

• Like 2

I'm not a fan of hiding trophies, but I've done so for the following games for certain reasons:

• Dark Souls (unwillingly borrowed it from a friend)
  • Doom 3: BFG Edition (regretful purchase)
  • Fallout 3 (regretful purchase)
  • The Last of Us Remastered (regretful purchase)
  • NBA Live 15 (regretful purchase)
  • Remember Me (regret playing it)
  • Twisted Metal (regretful purchase)
  • Like 1

I didn't hide the trophies on my profile out of embarrassment or anything,

But 3/4 were not my games so I don't want them there. Not to mention the games that are hidden are ones that I hate and would rather chop off my hand instead of even attempting to get more trophies in. 

The games that I hid are GTA IV (I hate the entire franchise)

NBA 2K13 (I hate sports games)

WWE '12 (hate wrestling games)

White Knight Chronicles. And I only hid WKC because it wasn't exactly what I thought it was when I purchased it...idr if it had an online aspect but I don't play games like that and honestly I'd rather spend an obscene amount of time on Star Ocean The Last Hope International sitting on my shelf...taunting me...

Plenty of other games near the bottom of my list I haven't hidden. No reason to. All except for one were games I knew I was getting myself into something that would have low percentages. Batman Arkham City for example. I knew I wasn't going after most of that stuff lol. Still wanted to play because I liked Asylum.

As for OP's question...I wouldn't hide anything unobtainable unless you want to. Nothing wrong with hiding a game you really hated and won't ever play again. Or games that weren't yours.

• Like 1

No. I think it's a little pathetic to hide your trophies. Even 0% ones. Can you hide your bad school grades? No. It would make me feel like a liar and dirty for hiding my failures. Trophy lists with incompleted games is far more interesting than list with full 100%. It tells what kind of games this person likes and what kind of games they can play. I think it would be fair to remove people with hidden trophies on Psnp leader boards too. Or at least but them on dirty leader board. :)

• Like 1

Personally, I hid some trophies because they either belong to games my brother played on my profile or to games I tried once and didn't like. That is to say, I hid the trophies from every game I don't actually own, just to accurately reflect what is indeed my personal game profile. I'd gladly transfer them to my brother's account/permanently delete them... if only Sony would let me.

Though I wouldn't recommend you hide trophies for the mere fact that they're now unobtainable. If you can't get 100% completion on some games, you should just... honestly, suck it up. As Humonic said, your profile is supposed to be a record of your gaming history, so to hide them just because you can't 100% them sounds kinda cheap to me.

But in the end, it's your profile, so do what you feel is the most appropriate for you.

lol you hide 554 trophies, thats a lot