Do you hide trophies?

EpicNogg4

535 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hide trophies?

• Yes
    • No

When I see someone with hidden trophies, I immediately lower my consideration for said profile. If I were to rate a profile with hidden trophies, it would automatically fall below 5/10, as anyone can claim to have a high completion rate by hiding every unearned trophies. 

I understand that some people have "good" reasons to hide some trophies, but there is no way to check if the motivation behind this was legitimate. That's why I would always bear higher consideration for a profile with a low average but no hidden trophies, than a profile with a high average but with hidden trophies.

Edited by bosstristan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DaivRules said:

How does someone hide a game but not hide its trophies?

If i'm not mistake there are some individuals with "0 hidden trophies" in this website. Don't know if he is talking about this tho.

• 1 year later...
On 19/04/2015 at 2:32 AM, ocstat said:

I only hide games on my profile that I do not own. A friend came over with FIFA and a WWE game a few years ago, I'm never playing either of those again, so those are hidden.

Also, a few PSN games my friends shared back when that was an easier process are hidden too. Braid, X-Men Arcade... Never payed for them myself, and don't have them installed anymore, so those are hidden.

If I own a game, and it isn't 100% complete, I'll continue to chip away at it but I'm not gonna hide my hard work.

I have hidden games from when I lived in a share house. 

I hid them as they are games that I did not own/will never play. 

I randomly used to because I wanted my profile to look a specific way. At the end of the day, what matters is that you're happy with how it looks. There's people that seem to frown down upon the big blue H of doom, fair enough. I believe we all have our own criteria anyway (I don't mind the blue H for instance, but I'll browse away the moment I see other things that are unappealing to me). Can't please everyone!

Edited by Koppa
  • Like 1

how do you hide trophies to start with? Is this an option through the main settings options? I’ve never seen it before?

someone mentioned they are replaced with an ‘H’ when hidden.....so doesn’t that kind of defeat the purpose anyway? Like locking them in a chest and then putting loads of lights around it and a big finger pointing the chest out to anyone that looks? Like, There’s something hidden over here guys....

4 hours ago, PotrikBerger said:

how do you hide trophies to start with? Is this an option through the main settings options? I’ve never seen it before?

someone mentioned they are replaced with an ‘H’ when hidden.....so doesn’t that kind of defeat the purpose anyway? Like locking them in a chest and then putting loads of lights around it and a big finger pointing the chest out to anyone that looks? Like, There’s something hidden over here guys....

Only idiots would say something about others' trophies, like back in the PS3 days when there were stupid games like Terminator Salvation or Hannah Montana The Game... anyway, the option to hide trophies is in the settings on the PlayStation Store website, the PS4 and the PS5. Not sure about PS5 but on PS4 you could also hide PS3/Vita trophies.

• 4 months later...

I have hid the crappy shovelware plats, which accounts for 13 platinums. The reason I hid them is because I regret playing them, they stick out too much due to the ordering of games on psn and it was my greedy mistake at copying my Japanese friends on Twitter who all stacked jumping whatevers. 

Showing them actually increases my trophy number and completion percentage. So I’m not hiding them for anything like that. I just want to hide them until I earn a couple of more proper games so that they are lower on the list of my game’s simply because of the way they look, so when I earn 15 more normal platinums to compensate so they aren’t on my trophy cards. 

• Like 1

It started because I was playing a ton of games on Playstation Now, and then they'd disappear with (or mostly without) notice.

Knowing I wasn't going to go out of my way to buy the game (if it was even possible), I just hid the game to reduce visual clutter for games I'm intending on playing/finishing.

Recently I started hiding MP games I wasn't going to play anymore that had wild trophy lists, like Dead By Daylight, with their Part 1, 2, etc. and games that friends played to reduce clutter too.

I have one game hidden which is Act It Out! A Game of Charades and its not hidden because of trophies it’s just that I don’t like the game image/logo in my list.?

I’ve been thinking of unhiding it for a while now but it always say’s undergoing maintenance what’s with that shit.