Do you hide trophies?

EpicNogg4

535 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hide trophies?

• Yes
    • No

There are only 2 games that I have hidden: MotorStorm Pacific Rift (because I didn't properly earn it) and Call of Duty Advanced Warfare (I gave up on the series after Black Ops on the 360, but my older brother wanted to try out Advanced Warfare).

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering who hides games, I was thinking if I should hide my unobtainable games, what do you guys think?

Since hiding a trophy is essentially the same as cheating your statistics, I try to avoid it. Hiding the unobtainable ones, though, is tempting.

• Like 3

Me personally, I don't. I like to look at my profile to see what games I've played, the ones I haven't played in a long time, the ones I don't want to go back to, and the ones I want to boost. If someone has a reason why they do, then that's fine. But, I'm not "ashamed" of what I've played.

• Like 1

No, not anymore. It's stupid, pointless, and misleading (its literally all of that).

Pointless, because you're doing exactly as it says, "hiding," not getting rid of or deleting trophies, so your trophies are still there, you're literally only hiding it from the public/other people. If you go to your own profile on your system, you will still see it.

Stupid, because your trophies "remain" on your profile, just hidden, as they are still existent. Why hide trophies for games other people/the public can view your profile and actually request to help you out with so your completion percentage gets better? You're also hiding games that you own that no-one else will ever know you have because you're hiding the trophies which means you're hiding the game as well.

Misleading, because you're not only making your profile "seem" as though you have this "accurate" completion rate/percentages /lying to others) when you don't, but you're lying to yourself as well. Thank god there's actual a symbol there that let's you know someone is hiding trophies, otherwise this can be exploited in multiple ways, whether its to gain respect or win some of the forum contest here. Additionally, when you hide trophies and boost up your percentage to get to a certain goal or whatever, it's a lie and misleading. That's not your true overall completion percentage. You're exploiting a feature to mislead others, and yourself, to believe your profile is like this and at the same even hiding games from your profile that you don't want others to see, when in actuality your profile is fake, false, inaccurate, etc.

Reminds me a bit of the voice changer from PS3, where females and males would change their voices to mislead others to believe they are a certain gender.

The opposite of hiding trophies actually has benefits and truth.

• Like 2

Wondering who hides games, I was thinking if I should hide my unobtainable games, what do you guys think?

I hid Tekken Tag Tournament 2 because one of my friends installed it on my PS3 and I don't even have the game, so no point in being set back by some crap like that....

How can you tell if someone is hiding trophies

If you click into my profile you'll see a H in a blue box to the left of my name. Anyone that has that has hidden games.

I call it the mark of mystery.  :P

EDIT: In case you don't know how to get there...if you place the pointer over my name here click on the gold trophy at the bottom.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle