Do you hide trophies?

EpicNogg4

535 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hide trophies?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I don't hide stuff, where possible though I like to get as higher percent as possible, at the very least knocking out the common and uncommons.

Only ever deleted two trophy lists of 0%

Deleting 0%s doesn't really count though. They don't affect your completion on here so removing them doesn't really change anything.

Anyway, may as well answer the old necroed thread while I'm here.  I don't hide trophies, but if I accidentally started a game with an unobtainable 100% I might. 

I personally dont, but i curated this account with the sole intention of finishing anything i start, however many people only got into trophy hunting after the fact, and have friends who came round bringing dodgy ass games they didn't or wouldn't have played on their own, or people just got experimental so there's every reason for people to want to hide games.

sometimes, as is the case with killzone 2 now trophies are unobtainable and it's beyond your control, other times the game has dreadful servers that fail to save your progress or whatnot. but from time to time I do find a 10 year old profile with 100% completion and no hidden, and i tip my hat because that is an achievement.

• Like 4

I do so, but only with those games that I know became unobtainable because those devs are really stupid.

If I know that a game I have will go unobtainable in a near future and it is achievable, I go for it asap (Mad Max, Shadow of Mordor, etc...)

If a game will have some trophies unobtainable but it's almost impossible to get it done, I simply hide them, like Gwent, Orcs Must Die: Unchained or World of Tanks...

• Like 3

Yes.

I was a VERY casual gamer back in the PS3 days. I didn't even know trophies existed (nor would I have cared about them). If I didn't hide trophies, I would have so many PS3 games where I only had like 2 trophies, and most of those are games that I would never play again. I only started getting into trophy hunting mid-2019.

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 4

I have a few games hidden because of PSNow, I did the free trial a while back and played a few games and got trophies but haven't actually gone back to play those games at all since then, another one I have hidden is Marvel Heroes Omega (I believe it's called) because I played it for a while and it then got shut down so I didn't get that many trophies out of it.

Edited by Sylvanticore
Spelling
  • Like 1

I don't hide them, I have no issues if I try to get a platinium and I'm not able to do it whatsover, might sting a bit leaving the list incomplete, but gotta go to other games.

The only exception to hide them would be probably from a game I don't own or didn't like and got a couple of trophies.

• Like 1

Yes because I like to have a showcase of games I've gotten the plat on, games I just really enjoy or games I am going to complete. I don't do this just to make it seem like I have a high completion rate, I do it because it helps me feel good about myself for once ?

• Like 2

On 15/01/2021 at 2:35 AM, DakiGamer93 said:

Sorry if its a stupid question, but how do you even hide trophies lol

It's not a stupid question, on your PS4 dashboard go to your trophies section and enter it, once there press the options button and you'll see Privacy Settings, click that and then two other options will come up, you want to go into Hidden Games.

(It might ask you to sign in again, did for me just now) and you'll want Hidden Games for PS3 and PS Vita, from there you can select what games you want to be hidden on your trophy list. Please note however it will only hide them for people looking at your trophies and your account on here and not hide them for you if you look in your trophy list on your console.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, butt_mane said:

my guy just said checkmate hahah. yeah, i have some unobtainable's hidden, dork. judging by that disaster of a list you have going on, i'd suggest giving it a whirl some time. 

Says the guy with hidden trophies, who used his fifth post on these forums to continue to revive a thread that's been dead for 6 years, just to call someone else a dork and a disaster.

Checkmate, again.

P.S. My trophy list is totally awesome. :) I could almost say the same about yours, too.

• Like 1

I used to, just because my kids used to add a bunch of games to my account that I never played and I wanted it to be a more accurate representation of what I was actually playing, but then I decided I didn't really care much about that and it messed up all of the milestone trophies I worked to hard to set up, so I unhid everything. 

Funny reading this thread.

I only started trophy hunting about a month ago as I got a new PS5. I don't want my account to be perfect or anything, my aim is just to get as many plats as possible and have fun.

Yesterday, my daughter asked me if she can play Paw Patrol: On A Roll on my PS5, whilst I was working from home. I had a separate profile set up for her and she'd played through the game once before, so no problem. I quickly switched it on and carried on writing an email.

About 15 minutes later she says to me, 'Why did I have to start the game again?' ....that's when I realise she is playing it on my profile. She clocked an impressive 6 trophies in that time! ?

Now I am torn. The game looks horrible on my list and I didn't play it or get the trophies... so felt like I should hide it. However, that 'H' is bothering me for some reason.

Decisions, decisions....

• Like 2

I did very early on but eventually, I just learn to accept and embrace all of my games/trophies, whether it was games with a 5% completion and below, Mayo, or otherwise, they all defined my gaming experiences and it would continue to stay that way without a care in the world. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PixelHelix said:

Funny reading this thread.

I only started trophy hunting about a month ago as I got a new PS5. I don't want my account to be perfect or anything, my aim is just to get as many plats as possible and have fun.

Yesterday, my daughter asked me if she can play Paw Patrol: On A Roll on my PS5, whilst I was working from home. I had a separate profile set up for her and she'd played through the game once before, so no problem. I quickly switched it on and carried on writing an email.

About 15 minutes later she says to me, 'Why did I have to start the game again?' ....that's when I realise she is playing it on my profile. She clocked an impressive 6 trophies in that time! 1f600.png

Now I am torn. The game looks horrible on my list and I didn't play it or get the trophies... so felt like I should hide it. However, that 'H' is bothering me for some reason.

Decisions, decisions....

Had the same experience back on PS3 with my little brother. I just left it as is, as letter H bothers me. Also, on my PS i still can see my real trophy count, level, etc. so I decided to unhide all of my trophies.