Do you hide trophies?

EpicNogg4

535 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hide trophies?

• Yes
    • No

Damn, I had no idea people get so triggered at hidden trophies lol.

Personally I have no hidden trophies right now but like others I'm tempted to hide some that weren't mine, I didn't like, or I have no real attachment or fond memories of. The list is for me, don't really care what others think of it. Although it would be nice if it showed what games were hidden instead of/as well as how many trophies were hidden, just so people could still discuss those games with you if they wanted to while you also get to keep your list tidy. But reading this thread people obviously use the site for different reasons and that would defeat the purpose of hiding them for some people.

There are some fast plats that I'd hide too like Slyde or Jack n Jill, they helped pass some time and I thought a 20 second plat was funny, but that was it, others like Inferno 2 and Drowning I'd keep because I genuinely enjoyed them. I don't care about completion %, I just like seeing all the stats, discussions, and keeping track of where I'm at with some games.

• 3 weeks later...

I might in the future.

I vet all the games I put on my list, so all my games are potentially 100%-able, but if I slip up... I may resort to hiding a game.

Edit: Sorry for potentially necroing a thread, I was searching for something else and it caught my attention.

Edited by Bratinov

On 2/3/2021 at 5:58 AM, Trini said:

I did very early on but eventually, I just learn to accept and embrace all of my games/trophies, whether it was games with a 5% completion and below, Mayo, or otherwise, they all defined my gaming experiences and it would continue to stay that way without a care in the world. 

That's kind of how I feel too. I have a couple games that I played for a bit and didn't get into, but I think they're just all a part of my experience. Plus I don't really put much care into my completion percentage. My only goal is to play games that I think I'll enjoy, and get platinums if I'm enjoying a game enough to put the time in.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Ppl can say whatever they want but the only reason ppl hide games is due to emotion.

There is never a logical reason to hide games other then ocd, cheating, or shame.

As long as you just flatly deny other peoples reasons, then you'll always be right.

I don't hide trophies.  I only play games I intend on playing, and if I play it, I get the Platinum or 100%.  Plus the 'H' on the profile screen looks terrible, imo.  I don't really care what other people do with their profiles.  

However, I read that you can hide trophy lists for games directly on PSN.  Do they still show up here if you do?

3 minutes ago, Matto_lsi said:

I read that you can hide trophy lists for games directly on PSN.  Do they still show up here if you do?

In the Privacy Settings on your console, you select the games to hide your trophies on. Then you can still see them if you look on your console, but they won't be visible on PSN and since this site contacts PSN to display your trophies, they won't be visible here either.

1 hour ago, Blood_Hungry_III said:

That's kind of how I feel too. I have a couple games that I played for a bit and didn't get into, but I think they're just all a part of my experience. Plus I don't really put much care into my completion percentage. My only goal is to play games that I think I'll enjoy, and get platinums if I'm enjoying a game enough to put the time in.

Well said, bro ??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

I don't hide trophies.  I only play games I intend on playing, and if I play it, I get the Platinum or 100%.  Plus the 'H' on the profile screen looks terrible, imo.  I don't really care what other people do with their profiles.  

However, I read that you can hide trophy lists for games directly on PSN.  Do they still show up here if you do?

Isn't this the only way to hide trophies? Does this site let you hide specific games/trophies separate from PSN?

I have a few games hidden because I started them by accident, or didn't enjoy right away and no longer have access to thanks to PS+ expiring. Even the Fs on my profile are games I want to go back to. Having a "1 out of X" on your profile is just as much a statement of how you play than "X out of X."

36 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I use this site as a checklist for trophies I haven't earned yet and hide all the games I've completed because it simplifies the tracking.

Ok that could be a good argument.

But why would a person need to simplify tracking by hiding games?

Isnt there a option to sort games by completed and non completed?

Sounds like they may have some slight ocd.

Just now, Wild-Arms-R said:

Ok that could be a good argument.

But why would a person need to simplify tracking by hiding games?

Isnt there a option to sort games by completed and non completed?

Sounds like they may have some slight ocd.

No, I have no diagnosis of OCD, and you don’t need to medically diagnose someone because you think there is only one acceptable method of using a site. 

It simplifies tracking by eliminating the things that don’t need to be tracked any more. When you have a huge checklist and have a lot of it checked off, it would be easiest if all you could see is the things left unchecked. 

Saying they should follow your instructions of making extra clicks for a process you approve of seems a bit overbearing for something that doesn’t affect you. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

No, I have no diagnosis of OCD, and you don’t need to medically diagnose someone because you think there is only one acceptable method of using a site. 

It simplifies tracking by eliminating the things that don’t need to be tracked any more. When you have a huge checklist and have a lot of it checked off, it would be easiest if all you could see is the things left unchecked. 

Saying they should follow your instructions of making extra clicks for a process you approve of seems a bit overbearing for something that doesn’t affect you. 

Just want to point out every single person has a very(even if a tiny bit) of ocd.

Its been proven in many different studies.

Now as for the argument, I personally can’t understand why you would take the time to hide your games one by one instead of just clicking a filter option(witch only takes 1 button click)

I personally feel as if you just don’t like seeing your games lined up in a specific way.

To me that would be ocd.

But it’s ok man I won’t press it anymore.

I respect your outlook and answer.

Unfortunately, yes. I’m hiding 9 trophies from Welcome Park. Upon starting up my brand new Vita, you’re given the ability to begin playing DURING the initial setup sequence. So I start popping trophies here and there and decide to continue later. Well, for some stupid reason these trophies weren’t given timestamps even after I had set both date and time. So because of this I now have to hide these trophies unless I want them to appear as  first ones earned overall. NO TIMESTAMPS HAVE PRIORITY OVER EVERYTHING. Be warned for those thinking about getting a Vita in the future.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Isn't this the only way to hide trophies? Does this site let you hide specific games/trophies separate from PSN?

I have a few games hidden because I started them by accident, or didn't enjoy right away and no longer have access to thanks to PS+ expiring. Even the Fs on my profile are games I want to go back to. Having a "1 out of X" on your profile is just as much a statement of how you play than "X out of X."

I don't actually know, lol.  I believe people here can hide individual trophies - 1 at a time - whereas on PSN I think you can only hide trophies per game, so it's all or nothing (but I could be wrong).  I looked at my trophy list here and couldn't figure out how to hide a trophy, so I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, baejacobs said:

I would only hide if trophies are unobtainable... haven't had to do it yet... the day i have unobtainable trophies on my profile, i'll be so annoyed

just start and clear it, the best way to work around the problem. only start games that you know that are possible to plat/100%. was in a similar situation also had a lot of games from the ps3 era, that I don't want to buy again. was a pc gamer for years and ps systems were for fun, now the pc gaming is done, so time for a proper account^^

12 minutes ago, Nonchalant87 said:

just start and clear it, the best way to work around the problem. only start games that you know that are possible to plat/100%. was in a similar situation also had a lot of games from the ps3 era, that I don't want to buy again. was a pc gamer for years and ps systems were for fun, now the pc gaming is done, so time for a proper account^^

i started a new profile when i got a ps5 and i try to check that every game has obtainable trophies first but i never know how to easily check lol