Will There Be A Sequel?

MysticSparxman

I've recently been playing inFamous: Second Son and am close to getting the platinum for it. However, I've started to wonder if there's going to be a sequel for the game. What do you guys think? Will there be a sequel or won't there? And if there will be a sequel, is there anything in particular that anyone wants to see in it.

• Like 1

There will definetly be further entries into the franchise. I kinda have my doubts about whether there will be a direct sequel to Second Son though. You haven't played First Light yet, that's the closest you'll get i suppose.

Probably there will be a sequel. I would like to see new powers and a new character though. I also would like a game kinda of like first light but with eugene (the kid with video powers)

New powers would definitely be good, but what new powers? Would you want it to be something like glass, paper or metal? Or something completely different? And did you not like the Delsin character then? A game with Eugene would be good. Certainly would be interesting.

There will definetly be further entries into the franchise. I kinda have my doubts about whether there will be a direct sequel to Second Son though. You haven't played First Light yet, that's the closest you'll get i suppose.

I was just wondering if there would be a direct sequel to Second Son only because there was a direct sequel to inFamous on the PS3. I have played First Light and am one challenge away from the platinum.

New powers would definitely be good, but what new powers? Would you want it to be something like glass, paper or metal? Or something completely different? And did you not like the Delsin character then? A game with Eugene would be good. Certainly would be interesting.

I was just wondering if there would be a direct sequel to Second Son only because there was a direct sequel to inFamous on the PS3. I have played First Light and am one challenge away from the platinum.

I liked delsin. I would like glass powers,and the ones you mentioned 

• Like 1

I think there will definitely be another one. It can go either way though, either continue to focus on Delsin or another conduit entirely.

Was thinking about this ages ago, and thought they could possibly go the way of GTAV, as in multiple playable protagonists each with their own powers, and maybe even have differing karma alignments between them.

That's actually a really cool idea. I could see that working if they can get the karma alignments/outcomes right with all the characters.

Edited by Death_Ninja

inFAMOUS is the type of series that can do a good amount of sequels if they wanted to, because of the storyline. Unlike inFAMOUS, inF-Second Son was handled in a way where a sequel would pretty much be a new story or forced-connecting story for Delsin. Character development wise, I'd like to see a sequel with Delsin (because he needs more development, personality and maturity wise), but story wise, there's really nothing, unless they make something up, or do the cliche "the last villian is still alive" thing. But yes, Delsin's story is done (like Joel's story in TLOU and even Cole MacGrath's), and SS made it so any sequel with him would be forced, no matter what they do next. SS was handled like inF and inF 2 combined is what im saying, the story starting and ending in the 1st installment. First Light however compensates for this, because it's a different game and with a different character, which events are connected to SS's, making SS act as a partial double sequel (since it is already a sequel to inFAMOUS 2).

So I'd vote for a sequel with different characters, again.

About certain other powers.. glass, metal, paper, and similar elements were specifically confirmed to be complex powers to work with, they were scrapped. I remember reading or hearing this somewhere official, so they still might not be able to do those type of elements. I would vote for wind or air, but that'd be OP, since air/wind is everywhere (I believe). Water would require the setting to be largely consisting of water, so meh (but may'be i could work, considering fire hydrants and other things?). I really don't know what they could do that aren't typical super hero powers already, since SS kinda went awol on the other possibilities (by adding numerous types of powers). 

With all that said, I can only see one more new series with the inFAMOUS universe, since It'd be getting milked from that point on.

• Like 2

Sequel? No.

Follow up / sidestory set in same universe? You can almost guarantee it.

I wouldn't say superhero is my favorite genre of games, but I love me some superhero games, Spidey 2 is still my equal fav for life, and as far as superhero games go, the inFamous series is on my my favorites. I would be quite disappointed if there isn't another one, even though I didn't like Second Son anywhere near as much as the first two, it was still a solid game and I'm not done with this universe.

Was thinking about this ages ago, and thought they could possibly go the way of GTAV, as in multiple playable protagonists each with their own powers, and maybe even have differing karma alignments between them.

That would be really awesome I think. That would certainly be different when compared to the previous inFamous games, but would the developers be able to pull something off like that?

I enjoyed Deslin, Fetch & co., but I still miss Cole & Zeke.   I can't imagine there not being a sequel, but whether it's Deslin and the gang, in a different city, new powers...who knows...just let me grind again!  Lol

If I'm honest, I like Delsin, Fetch & co more than Cole & Zeke. It's going to be good to see if Delsin does return or not, and if he does, will he bring Fetch and Eugene with him?

inFAMOUS is the type of series that can do a good amount of sequels if they wanted to, because of the storyline. Unlike inFAMOUS, inF-Second Son was handled in a way where a sequel would pretty much be a new story or forced-connecting story for Delsin. Character development wise, I'd like to see a sequel with Delsin (because he needs more development, personality and maturity wise), but story wise, there's really nothing, unless they make something up, or do the cliche "the last villian is still alive" thing. But yes, Delsin's story is done (like Joel's story in TLOU and even Cole MacGrath's), and SS made it so any sequel with him would be forced, no matter what they do next. SS was handled like inF and inF 2 combined is what im saying, the story starting and ending in the 1st installment. First Light however compensates for this, because it's a different game and with a different character, which events are connected to SS's, making SS act as a partial double sequel (since it is already a sequel to inFAMOUS 2).

So I'd vote for a sequel with different characters, again.

About certain other powers.. glass, metal, paper, and similar elements were specifically confirmed to be complex powers to work with, they were scrapped. I remember reading or hearing this somewhere official, so they still might not be able to do those type of elements. I would vote for wind or air, but that'd be OP, since air/wind is everywhere (I believe). Water would require the setting to be largely consisting of water, so meh (but may'be i could work, considering fire hydrants and other things?). I really don't know what they could do that aren't typical super hero powers already, since SS kinda went awol on the other possibilities (by adding numerous types of powers). 

With all that said, I can only see one more new series with the inFAMOUS universe, since It'd be getting milked from that point on.

Hmm, would it be possible for them to do a complete new sequel with Delsin? Or should they do two sequels? One with Delsin and then another with completely new characters, powers and setting? I'm just grabbing at straws here, but either way, I'd really like to see a sequel or two at some point. The inFamous games are always a lot of fun to play, and if I'm honest, I thought they would have another sequel out by now. I know nothing has been announced yet, which makes me wonder when another sequel might be due out.

Sequel? No.

Follow up / sidestory set in same universe? You can almost guarantee it.

I wouldn't say superhero is my favorite genre of games, but I love me some superhero games, Spidey 2 is still my equal fav for life, and as far as superhero games go, the inFamous series is on my my favorites. I would be quite disappointed if there isn't another one, even though I didn't like Second Son anywhere near as much as the first two, it was still a solid game and I'm not done with this universe.

If they were to do a follow up/side story, would you want it to be another full length game like Second Son? Or slightly shorter like First Light?

If they were to do a follow up/side story, would you want it to be another full length game like Second Son? Or slightly shorter like First Light?

Truth be told, Second Son feels like a short game. I'd prefer they take their time and make a big game that can keep my attention for more than a weekend, I ordered Second Son, took it slow, and I platinum'd it no rush in a bit over 3 days with sleep AND school. It was a tiny game by Dylan standards, I don't feel ripped by paying full price, but it's only right that it dropped in price rapidly in the weeks after release when everyone realised how damn small it was. Part of the reason First Light is so good in my eyes is because with addition of Battle Mode or whatever it was called, it's got more replayablity than Second Son did in a "full retail release"

In short, I'd prefer something a lot longer. Longer doesn't always mean better, and for Second Son, I understand that the story they were telling was told in an appropriate amount of time and whatnot, but if we're talking what I personally want, then I want a longer game, with a story that doesn't get distracted or dragged out.

Truth be told, Second Son feels like a short game. I'd prefer they take their time and make a big game that can keep my attention for more than a weekend, I ordered Second Son, took it slow, and I platinum'd it no rush in a bit over 3 days with sleep AND school. It was a tiny game by Dylan standards, I don't feel ripped by paying full price, but it's only right that it dropped in price rapidly in the weeks after release when everyone realised how damn small it was. Part of the reason First Light is so good in my eyes is because with addition of Battle Mode or whatever it was called, it's got more replayablity than Second Son did in a "full retail release"

In short, I'd prefer something a lot longer. Longer doesn't always mean better, and for Second Son, I understand that the story they were telling was told in an appropriate amount of time and whatnot, but if we're talking what I personally want, then I want a longer game, with a story that doesn't get distracted or dragged out.

Really? 3 days? I suppose I think it's a somewhat long game because I've been taking my time with it. Playing it for a few hours here and there and then going a few days without playing it. I think I've got three more trophies to get before I get the platinum now. Anyway, I have to admit that I do enjoy the Battle Mode in First Light. I'm still trying to get one challenge done on that actually. It's the one challenge that's stopping me from getting the platinum. It's the 'Hit 5 weak points before the focus timer expires' challenge.

It's going to be interesting to see what they do with the next Infamous game though. Other than a longer game though, what else would you like to see in a sequel/follow up?

• 6 months later...

Really? 3 days? I suppose I think it's a somewhat long game because I've been taking my time with it. Playing it for a few hours here and there and then going a few days without playing it. I think I've got three more trophies to get before I get the platinum now. Anyway, I have to admit that I do enjoy the Battle Mode in First Light. I'm still trying to get one challenge done on that actually. It's the one challenge that's stopping me from getting the platinum. It's the 'Hit 5 weak points before the focus timer expires' challenge.

It's going to be interesting to see what they do with the next Infamous game though. Other than a longer game though, what else would you like to see in a sequel/follow up?

I completely missed replying to this, kept you waiting, huh? :D

Well since the guy above me bumped the thread anyway I don't feel bad about this post.

I actually replayed First Light a couple of days ago and redid Festival of Blood the other week as well. So with both Cole and Delsin's series' fresh in my memory, even if they're only in my memory from playing the side stories of sorts, I'm actually in a pretty good position to answer this question.

What more do I want? More of the same I guess. I remember bits and pieces of Delsin's story, but aside from the main core story I don't remember too much from Cole's games anymore either. I remember his part, Zeke's part, some chick called Quo or something and Nix. That's about it. And he had a girlfriend called Trish or something who left him in the first one. Demon of Empire City, all that, that's the most of what I remember. And John. Second Son's universe I remember Eugene, the bad chick who's name escapes me, DUP, Delsin's brother, Fetch's brother, Fetch (obviously), the stupid tribe thing at the start, the breakout, the main story. I remember a lot more of the new series interestingly.

So with that in mind, despite me preferring the original 2 games, I remember a lot more of the new ones.

And with THAT in mind, I'd want more of the same.

Clearly, the story, while enjoyable, isn't what I'm here for. I mean, I enjoyed the stories of all the games, I loved playing through all the missions, but the mere fact I can actually forget decent chunks of the games means I'm not there for the story. Which means I'm there for the cool super powers and free roaming shit, which, while in my opinion was perfected in number 2, has been great in all the games. 

So the tl;dr version of this, is in the next inFamous, as long as it has fun free roaming gameplay with a cool set of super powers, I'm in.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...