Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Totalcross3000

Competitive play

3 posts in this topic

Is there any tools of the trade or controller I can purchase to improve my gameplay? I've seen the vs controllers and idk if it helps or not

Is there any tools of the trade or controller I can purchase to improve my gameplay? I've seen the vs controllers and idk if it helps or not

Sadly, no controller is going to make you better at the game. Same way it doesn't really matter what pencils or paints you use when creating art - you can have a crappy dollar store plastic pencil, and still draw something great....if you have the skill to do so already. A better pencil/paint will give you a better quality line or finish, but that doesn't matter if you can't actually draw/paint in the first place.

Using a controller, fightpad or arcade stick is purely up to personal preference. Some things, like P.Linking might be easier on a fight stick, due to their layout and larger buttons, but overall, it's like choosing whether to eat your cake with a spoon, or a fork. They both get the job done fairly well.

What matters is practicing with what you're comfortable with. If you've been playing fighters on a controller the entire time, it's probably best to stick with that. Just keep in mind that Luffy won the USF4 tourney at EVO rocking a PS1 pad on the 360.

It's not magic - switching to a fightstick isn't going to instantly make you able to FADC, option select or understand damage scaling or anything else. It's not the same as, say, playing a sim racer with a good wheel as opposed to a controller, where it'll actually have an effect on what you can do. Even then, however, you'll still need to practice.

Depends on what kind of characters you play. If you want to do a 124 hit Hyakuretsku loop I'd go with a TE stick. If not just stick to your dualshock

Edit: unintentional pun lol

Edited by Delfinah