Worth Waiting Until Heavensward?

Ok I'm going to be real with you guys, I'm an impatient guy. Heavensward comes out for this on June 23, that is, over two months from now and I told myself that I was going to be patient and wait for the update. I've only played a couple of hours and I would have liked to experienced playing as the new class but man, two months? Do you think I'll be missing out on anything by not waiting or should I just jump back in now? 

If you go ahead and jump back in now you can level your main class and then change classes if you desire for Heavensward.  Worst comes to worst you have some cross-class skills to carry over.  Plus, to bide your time, once you get level 15 you can go to the Golden Saucer and play triple triad and race chocobos.  Speaking of, if you go ahead and jump in you can be on your way to getting a mount.

There's also the fact that main scenario for Heavensward will not be available until after you are completely caught up with the last patch story wise.  I imagine they'll give us all a free fantasia as well if you want to change races.

Edited by Bucknerd

I recommend waiting.  There isn't much point getting caught up in the end game now with the time there is left.  Unless you can find a static very fast, you aren't missing out on much.  A lot of players, myself included is just farming/clearing FCOB at the moment in Ragnarok.  Or helping players past Turn 9.

If you are still in the story, then, yeah, play as you have to complete the last part of story so the more you get done now, the less you have to do to actually get started on Heavensward story when it comes out.

I played for a few hours, until

you get to ride on the air ship for the first time.

and then stopped playing in order to wait for the expansion. I deleted the character before I stopped so I could play the whole game fresh. Basically starting a new game so trying to figure out if I should get to end game before the expansion or I'll find it more enjoying starting fresh when it comes out so I can experience the story with the new class. 

I played for a few hours, until

you get to ride on the air ship for the first time.

and then stopped playing in order to wait for the expansion. I deleted the character before I stopped so I could play the whole game fresh. Basically starting a new game so trying to figure out if I should get to end game before the expansion or I'll find it more enjoying starting fresh when it comes out so I can experience the story with the new class. 

New classes start at Lv 30.. chances are you have to be Lv 30 with a class already to play as them.

• Like 1

Does everything reset when the expansion comes out or? I'm getting the game in a week or so and I don't know all of the expansion details!

No worries nothing is going to "reset." However, I believe they plan to release a Main Game/Heavensward combo pack so it might be cheaper to wait and get both.

Most notably Heavensward will add:

• A new race
  • A new level cap
  • New jobs
  • New primals
  • Flying mounts
  • A new explorable continent
  • New main scenario quests
  • New dungeons
  • Confirmation that Nanamo and Raubahn are in love
Edited by Bucknerd

No worries nothing is going to "reset." However, I believe they plan to release a Main Game/Heavensward combo pack so it might be cheaper to wait and get both.

Most notably Heavensward will add:

• A new race
  • A new level cap
  • New jobs
  • New primals
  • Flying mounts
  • A new explorable continent
  • New main scenario quests
  • New dungeons
  • Confirmation that Nanamo and Raubahn are in love

Well I already ordered it :/ so it's a done deal now :D

But thanks for the info I cannot wait to get into the game I love FF! Except for 13...

And Alexander raids (the ones for casual players) get released like a week or 2 after the launch, then Savage is a month I believe.  They're the raids.  They have also hinted at FFVI styled raids which would be like the Crystal Tower ones I guess.

Start now and work on getting a 50/or anything for cross abilities; then start that relic weapon quest. It does take awhile of grind to complete. Depending on play it could take a good.. 2months+. Not sure if xpac will nerf the alex farm part but you do need 75, and if you normally play could take awhile. Just if you start dont worry too much on gear but just relic weapon. and try to farm a little bit of gils since it can get pricey... i would say about 5-10million saved up.

Start now. You won't be able to play the new classes until you finish the current main story line. In order to get the classes you will need to be in Ishgard. In order to get in Ishgard you will have to finish main scenario up to update 2.55. 

Just found out that it takes 6 months to plat the game, might as well start now and get two months down before HS comes out. I think the site says I get something that changes my race when I reach 1 month of subscription so I'll just change when the update hits :)

Just found out that it takes 6 months to plat the game, might as well start now and get two months down before HS comes out. I think the site says I get something that changes my race when I reach 1 month of subscription so I'll just change when the update hits :)

Yea, 1 month gives you a Fantasia.  Also if you are getting the collector's edition of HW, you will also get a fantasia from that.