What's wrong with Jacks English voice?

I'm not into hearing Japanese voices in my games, even if the English voices don't suit the look of the character. I've played many games that (I think) originated from Japan and the English voices are perfectly fine. Jack in Final Fantasy Type-0 is probably one of the first abominations I've heard since Tidus' laugh in Final Fantasy X back on the PS2.

Tidus's laugh still haunts to this day.

• Like 2

I found most of the VA's bad. Most of the guys sounded like they were out of it save for Machina, and most of the girls were pretty close to PS1 Resident Evil tier except Queen and sometimes Rem.

Roger that!

Haha lol! Every.Single.Time!

But anyway. I think judging from his character I think they wanted someone who sounded REALLY lighthearted, quirky and annoying since that was really what his character was supposed to be like. I think he does a good job at doing that but just doesn't really fit the character very well. 

He is my favourite male character in the game and I also main him so I kinda got used to his voice after a while. But it did catch me off guard when I first heard it. I wouldn't say it's entirely bad as I got used to it but it's not a great voice either.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 11/9/2015 at 3:21 PM, JapanimeGamer said:

I just got this today, I defaulted the voice to Japanese right away.

Playing Japanese games with English voices is a bit like eating noodles with a fork.

Then that means playing with Japanese voices is like eating soup with a fork.

But the voices are fine. Everyone here expecting Tara Strong talent are just acting silly.