A guy you don't know brags about the games he's finished

stpatty

• 2 weeks later...

Since it seems there's some block against double posting, I'll collect any replies I have when I make an update in a spoiler tag first.

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2015 at 4:24 PM, Boots_12345 said:

Awesome man Cheers to your GTA 5 platinum. GTA 5 is really a nice plat to have.

And I'm still putting hours into it even now. A quite rare 100% after Heists too, so that's nice.

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2015 at 9:20 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice collection and congrats with the WipEout HD plat :yay:.

Thanks!

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2015 at 3:13 PM, James_Tonto said:

You've got some exceedingly good platinums and one really crappy one (Terminator Salvation). Overall your collection is excellent, nice work. Keep collecting those trophies StPatty ;). I imagine I'm going to see your collection grow a lot more this year =)

Fortunately Salvation seems like it'll be the only diddy Platinum I ever have.

Today, a victory for spell checkers everywhere with Platinum number 52, Dead Space:

1Lac533d.png

Concodrance Officer

Collect All Trophies

There are trophies on this site whose rarities surprise me. I am very surprised that nearly a fifth of the people whose PSN profiles are on this site were able to play through this on Impossible difficulty. I look forward to 2 which is allegedly even harder.

Edited by stpatty

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2015 at 0:10 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

You don't have to put quotes in a spoiler bar. The thing you're referring to are duplicate threads.

I posted my reply to those quotes then the trophy in separate post and they got merged into one.

Anyway, 100% number 28 is almost Ultra Rare, Hamster Ball:

6L8d91e2.png

Vermin Champion

Get Watermelon Award in all Trial Mode levels.

Edited by stpatty

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I guess if this remains unpopular I can just take really long between posts and get away with it. Anyway...

PSN 100% number 29 is one of the recent PS+ games, Tower of Guns:

12L7481b2.png

You've Played This More Than Joe Has

Finish a 100th run

PSN 100% number 31 is another of the recent PS+ games, The Unfinished Swan:

9L206a6f.png

Minimalist

Reach the Watchtower without throwing more than 3 balls.

PSN 100% number 32 is another of the recent PS+ games and currently has my 3rd rarest trophy ever, Race the Sun:

8L3f3a0c.png

King

Score 5 million points in 1 run

Edited by stpatty

• 2 weeks later...

A test of the double posting script as I add two PSN 100%s, first with trophy 3500 which came months ago but only saw final completion earlier, 3 on 3 NHL Arcade:

3L3d2238.png

Jack of all trades.

Score with 5 different powerups in one game.

And then, eventually, for 100% number 33 The Cave:

8L6f5a64.png

The Whole Story

Collector of forgotten dreams.

Edited by stpatty

As I inch closer to the culmination of this godforsaken task we have something that took a long time, Platinum number 53, BioShock 2:

1La7c163.png

Platinum Trophy

Unlocked all trophies

And in the 100% club, too.

Edited by stpatty

• 2 weeks later...

Finishing the online trophies for BioShock 2 earlier this year is what put me in the mood for all of this, and that ends with Platinum number 54 , BioShock Infinite:

1La08760.png

Platinum Columbia

Acquire all other trophies

100%, again. And I'm still borderline speechless about it, over two years after I first played it.

Edited by stpatty

• 1 month later...

June saw the failure of one of my 2015 trophy goals, that being finishing the year with 100+ trophies every month. Blame Dishonored for being really boring. And blame Zero Punctuation for me reading the name as Dish Oh No Red.

Anyhoo, Platinum number 55 is Just Cause 2:

1L6ee9fc.png

Winner Takes All

Earn all the trophies.

A shame they all have the same boring image.

Edited by stpatty

And now, two of this month's PS+ efforts

A game about two characters who chase after one another and eventually meet helping each other to their objectives with a gameplay mechanic that's not properly realised in a non-descript background with a story whose profundity is let down by the aforementioned lack of gameplay yielding extremely common trophies, PSN 100% #34 Rain:

1L4e80e2.png

Rainbow's End

Collect all the memories.

A game about two characters who chase after one another and eventually fuse into... a thing, that does... things, with an effective and challenging gameplay mechanic that is the basis for this story whose profundity doesn't exist to the extent the game thinks it does yielding extremely rare trophies, PSN 100% #35 Entwined:

1L93317b.png

Entwined

Collect all the other trophies.

Edited by stpatty

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently this thread now qualifies as popular. At least someone else besides me is reading it. Anyhoo:

Platinum #56 was a large angry bald man killing lots of stuff and a lesson in the downside of immediacy regarding the internet, in God of War III:

1L6f9e0a.png

King of the Hill

Unlock all trophies - WWW.SPARTANSSTANDTALL.COM

Platinum #57 was a large angry bald man killing lots of stuff, but not quite as much stuff or quite as interesting stuff as before, in God of War: Ascension:

1Lf207be.png

Champion of the Gods

Unlock all Trophies

A special mention too for trophy number 4,000 which would have been a more impressive individual achievement had I completed it before they patched it to make it easier. Oh well. Bring on 4,500, I guess.

Edited by stpatty

• 2 weeks later...

We all have to start somewhere. If I'd been a trophy hunter with standards in 2009 then I wouldn't still be doing it now.

Anyway, Platinum #58 is an utter horror show, Sound Shapes:

1L911505.png

You've Gone Platinum

Complete all Death Mode and Beat School levels.

Edited by stpatty

• 4 months later...

Platinum #59 is definitive proof that there can be no greater threat to a gaming legacy than a return to education, the charming childlike view of combatting communism that is Teslagrad:

1L47879f.png

Full Completion

Find all 36 scrolls in the game

Edited by stpatty

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum #60 is definitive proof that games age, and also that parents should pay no heed to age classification on video games from the mid-00s, the played for the first time Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas:

1Laa1414.png

The Key to San Andreas

Unlock all Trophies

Edited by stpatty

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum #61 is proof that gender representation in video games is actually quite good now compared to the past, the sound of Madison screaming as she dies in a fire because she's never seen the 4th Indiana Jones film continues to ring in my ears as six years later my list is finally graced by Heavy Rain:

1L9d68f7.png

HEAVY RAIN™ Master

Unlock all trophies

I'd quite like to have some origami made out of platinum, come to think of it.

Edited by stpatty

• 2 months later...

Platinum #62 was so mind-numbing I have little else left to say of it, what must have been close to a hundred hours going round in circles for GRID Autosport:

1L34573a.png

GRID Autosport Perfection

Collect all the other trophies.

Edited by stpatty

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum #63 is also completed game #100 which I didn't realise before starting it, it might be that in space nobody can hear you scream but after this I wouldn't blame them if they heard and just ignored him, the not really actually that good at all Dead Space 2:

1L3532db.png

The Final Frontier

Earn all Trophies in Dead Space™ 2

Edited by stpatty
  • Like 1