A guy you don't know brags about the games he's finished

stpatty

• 2 months later...

Platinum #77 is exactly the same. LittleBigPlanet:

1Lda39fd.png

100% Complete

Earn all LittleBigPlanet™ trophies to unlock this platinum trophy

I now have a complete set of LittleBigPlanet platinums (which encompasses all the LittleBigPlanet games I will ever play), and will never play another one. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Platinum #81 is firmly my last white, blue-eyed and English-accented Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands:

1Lb1291f.png

Sand Master

Unlock all other trophies.

PSN 100% #56 is the first PS+ game I ever had and a metaphor with my experience with the service, a cheap slog that I want nothing to do with but persist with anyway, cheesing all the objectives and eventually giving up on my final playthrough after getting the trophies anyway, Streets of Rage 2:

9L37debb.png

High Score

Score 800,000 points in one game - With Game Settings set to Hardcore

I think the Perfect Win trophy would be better for Streets of Rage but the 800k was too hard to overlook here.

PSN 100% #57 is one of the worst made games I've ever played, Alien Rage:

2L06cf28.png

Hardcore

Complete single player campaign on Brutal difficulty

Tragically short of both aliens and rage, however.

Edited by stpatty

• 2 months later...

Platinum #82 is a game I hated so much it stopped me trophy hunting, Dishonored:

1L09d145.png

Platinum Blades and Dark Corners

You have mastered the City of Dunwall and unlocked all Trophies

One day I'll play a Bethesda game where the characterisation and the dialogue compares to the world-building.

• 4 weeks later...

I've finished a bunch of PSN games recently. PSN 100% #58 was made by the same person that did Portal and blends the same mix of physics and platforming with a much more inviting setting and an actually funny voiceover, giving me my second and third rarest trophies in the process, Quantum Conundrum:

3L25daeb.png

In less than 12 parsecs

Achieved Goal Time on all maps

PSN 100% #59 proves you can make something beautiful in 2D and without as much as colour, Limbo:

12L927247.png

No Point in Dying

Complete the game in one sitting with five or less deaths

And PSN 100% #60 is a pre-emptor to the Rocket League Platinum/100% appearing on this list at some point, proof that I am better than you at being able to handle blind luck and terrible AI, Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars:

6L0bebfb.png

All Star

Earn all of the stars in single-player

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

PSN 100% #61 is like an almost interesting version of Angry Birds - CastleStorm:

1Lb54ef9.png

All-Star

Reach 100% completition in Campaign mode by obtaining all the stars.

Spelling error is the trophy's, not mine. Platinum #85 comes more than three years after I finished Absolution which prompted me to buy it in the first place and was hilariously ironic as I finished getting a Notorious rating by killing everything in sight, Hitman: Blood Money:

1Lb372ea.png

Perfect Assassin

Unlock all trophies

• 2 weeks later...

PSN 100% #62 is, well spectacular. Look at the rarity. Anyone who's tried this will know that the game is complete bullshit but I promise it gets better, Big Sky Infinty:

14L724682.png

King of the skies

Classic Mode - defeat all bosses in one round!

Platinum #86 is what LittleBigPlanet would/could be if they actually made a game and stopped making a handful of levels out of the most basic elements and throwing them all at you to do the rest (and the story's better too) Puppeteer:

1L38b9c7.png

Best Actor

Unlock all trophies. 

• 1 month later...

I saved these two up to have them done before the end of 2017. Fuck JRPGs and fuck Final Fantasy, however.

Platinum #87 is the worst map in the history of gaming, Thief:

1Lc9e23b.png

Man of Steal

The True Master Thief

Platinum #88 is something I've spent the best part of forty hours in the last week grinding because I messed something up, Final Fantasy XIII:

1L5afca3.png

Ultimate Hero

Acquired all trophies.

23 completed games in 2017 is really not that many, even though big hitters like Red Dead Redemption and Mirror's Edge are in there. And Ace Combat Infinity which was several hundred hours. I'm aiming for a lot more this year, including GTA IV which by this point will surely be platinumed by wishful thinking more than anything else. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Platinum #92 is, and I promise I'm loathe to use this phrase, one of the most over-rated games ever, The Last of Us:

1L3a3dab.png

It can't be for nothing

Platinum Trophy

Not that I let my perception of its critical reception get in the way of my own opinion, I'm quite capable of judging the stale gameplay, immersion destroying NPCs, appalling sound, bugs out the arse leading to three reinstalls to keep playing (plus other bugs I managed to get past just by restarting), contrived attempt at an emotional resolution and loathsome characterisation for myself, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Platinum #93 makes me wonder how people can play RPGs so obsessively, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

1L1907a5.png

Perfectionist

Awarded all trophies.

The gaming equivalent of eating warm wallpaper paste. I've already forgotten most of it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PSN 100% #64 says it took six years, but if you count me getting the game for my twelfth birthday it's more than double that. Either way, Rayman 3 HD:

2Lf6d5a6.png

Perfection needs no arms

Complete every chapter with a perfect score. 

It's not actually as hard as it seems. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PSN 100% #65 is very pretty, very pretentious and not very good, Braid:

12La7b97d.png

Full Speed Run

Did some kind of speed run through the game. 

I remember thinking a lot of things about this when I got it seven years ago and it turned out to be something completely different. Not in a good way. 

• Like 1