NG Easy -> NG+ Normal (-> NG++ Hard)?

Would anyone suggest it to enjoy the game to its full potential without getting mad hunting the Platinum trophy?

Actually, to make things shorter, I wonder if the jump from Easy to Hard would be too much. I mean, initially I started the game on normal and some mobs were making meatballs of Light. Like that 4EP Meonekton fly. So I decided to restart the game on easy, but I also restarted using the High Summoner garb and it went from hard to 1 shot kill.  :blink:

I mean, after I'll beat it I'll do some testing in NG+, but I'd like some opinions.

PS: great game anyway. I expected much worse. A lot worse.

Edited by Michelasso
  • Like 1

Thanks to both for the prompt answer! 

I wouldn't recommend going from Easy straight to Hard unless you're really good at Guarding.

Hmm.. No, I'm total crap.  :D

I'd recommend you to start from Easy > Normal > Hard.

If you want to make things short, Normal > Hard straight away, Easy > Hard will just make you more frustrated.

Easy is basically just to get used to the game and have fun ^_^

Normal is doable, though? I'm concerned about time management.

Normal is doable, though? I'm concerned about time management.

Yeah, it's not hard, but can give you trouble in a single boss or two, So you can use the Easy NG to power up Light (as stats carry over, etc), and do everything else on Normal if you like a minimum amount of challenge.

Time management is bullshit, Too much time is given to you that you will just spend it sleeping in the Inn once you finish everything, Use Chronostasis often, It will give you alot of time to manage it just fine.

(sorry for answering late, I've got trapped playing the game  :D )

Yeah, it's not hard, but can give you trouble in a single boss or two, So you can use the Easy NG to power up Light (as stats carry over, etc), and do everything else on Normal if you like a minimum amount of challenge.

Time management is bullshit, Too much time is given to you that you will just spend it sleeping in the Inn once you finish everything, Use Chronostasis often, It will give you alot of time to manage it just fine.

I'm a bit confused about the difficulty on this game. I'm on easy, I cleaned up most monsters already, and when I try to fight the Omega in the Ark's "arena" I manage to get killed. Even by the imp. This with some strong garbs and weapons. I know it's a bit off topic, but the staggering mechanism is just obscure. I can barely see the wave, sometime I see the STAGGER prompt and then the score points are white. if I stagger with magic it doesn't get a bonus with physical attacks either?

Regarding the time management.. Yeah. I reached the end of day 4 and I've completed the main story and 40 subquests. The problem is that now I don't have any monsters to recharge the EP. Is there a location where I can teleport with infinite 4 EP mobs (2EP on normal)? Not that I should really need it, though.

Well, last question since I'm here: do we have to redo all subquests in NG+ to reach day 14? Or the ones made in NG carry on? I checked around but it wasn't really clear.

(sorry for answering late, I've got trapped playing the game  :D )

I'm a bit confused about the difficulty on this game. I'm on easy, I cleaned up most monsters already, and when I try to fight the Omega in the Ark's "arena" I manage to get killed. Even by the imp. This with some strong garbs and weapons. I know it's a bit off topic, but the staggering mechanism is just obscure. I can barely see the wave, sometime I see the STAGGER prompt and then the score points are white. if I stagger with magic it doesn't get a bonus with physical attacks either?

Regarding the time management.. Yeah. I reached the end of day 4 and I've completed the main story and 40 subquests. The problem is that now I don't have any monsters to recharge the EP. Is there a location where I can teleport with infinite 4 EP mobs (2EP on normal)? Not that I should really need it, though.

Well, last question since I'm here: do we have to redo all subquests in NG+ to reach day 14? Or the ones made in NG carry on? I checked around but it wasn't really clear.

Firstly, Omega monsters ARE stronger than their default forms by almost x4-x4.5, for example; a gremlin's normal HP is 2.770, while Omega Gremlin holding a 8.770HP.

In all honesty, it's all about having the right Equipment, Schemata, Garbs and Abilities/Skills So can you tell me what's your current build?

And wait, why are you fighting the omega monster in the Ark again? I don't remember doing that, but i do that you can re-battle them there with no bonuses.

As for stagger wave, The "wave" starts at color Blue, then turns into Yellow when being effected, and then yellowish-red when it's almost staggered, The best way to stagger is using tier 2 spells (Fira, Thundra, Aerora) as their stagger quick and effectively, I didn't get the last part of the stagger, you mean that if you stagger the enemy with magic, the physical attacks you do ext won't have any effect on them? That's not true, after all the enemies are not really vulnerable to magic alone, it's the element of the attack/magic that make the stagger wave go crazy, also you may have noticed that some enemies gain a debuff when staggered multiple times, like Unprotected, Unshelled, Etc, these don't have anything to do with the ability used to stagger the enemy.

That is not true, Anubys spawns at late afternoon, Flanitors in Yusnaan palace but they don't respawn, Meonektons appear everywhere at dawn, Aside from Ethers/Turbo ethers, you can't replenish your EP aside from ending the day and entering a new day, which will completely recover your EP.

Do note that some treasure chests contain accessories that needs EP to unlock, Which May (May or May not) be needed for your "Upgrade 30 accessories" Trophy, The trophy guide that isn't on this site doesn't point that out clearly sadly, Oh and EVERY accessory upgrades 3 Times (3 playthroughs), This is just a side note!

Sadly, Yes because Eradia doesn't carry over, but they should all be pushovers on your second playthrough.

One last thing from me, I looked around and found out that you CAN do the following playthroughs NG Easy > NG+ EASY again > NG++ Hard, Might be time consuming, but the capsule that unlocks later in the game on the Ark allows you to start a NG Quickly once you are done with Superbosses and things on the NG+ Easy, But starting a NG+ on normal grants you access to the "uncommon" upgrading materials you will need later to upgrade items (Oh btw, be sure to upgrade weapon/shields 1 point at a time because if many points used in one upgrade it will count as one upgrade), this is just me though.

Edited by Timanthon

Firstly, Omega monsters ARE stronger than their default forms by almost x4-x4.5, for example; a gremlin's normal HP is 2.770, while Omega Gremlin holding a 8.770HP.

In all honesty, it's all about having the right Equipment, Schemata, Garbs and Abilities/Skills So can you tell me what's your current build?

And wait, why are you fighting the omega monster in the Ark again? I don't remember doing that, but i do that you can re-battle them there with no bonuses.

As for stagger wave, The "wave" starts at color Blue, then turns into Yellow when being effected, and then yellowish-red when it's almost staggered, The best way to stagger is using tier 2 spells (Fira, Thundra, Aerora) as their stagger quick and effectively, I didn't get the last part of the stagger, you mean that if you stagger the enemy with magic, the physical attacks you do ext won't have any effect on them? That's not true, after all the enemies are not really vulnerable to magic alone, it's the element of the attack/magic that make the stagger wave go crazy, also you may have noticed that some enemies gain a debuff when staggered multiple times, like Unprotected, Unshelled, Etc, these don't have anything to do with the ability used to stagger the enemy.

That is not true, Anubys spawns at late afternoon, Flanitors in Yusnaan palace but they don't respawn, Meonektons appear everywhere at dawn, Aside from Ethers/Turbo ethers, you can't replenish your EP aside from ending the day and entering a new day, which will completely recover your EP.

Do note that some treasure chests contain accessories that needs EP to unlock, Which May (May or May not) be needed for your "Upgrade 30 accessories" Trophy, The trophy guide that isn't on this site doesn't point that out clearly sadly, Oh and EVERY accessory upgrades 3 Times (3 playthroughs), This is just a side note!

Sadly, Yes because Eradia doesn't carry over, but they should all be pushovers on your second playthrough.

One last thing from me, I looked around and found out that you CAN do the following playthroughs NG Easy > NG+ EASY again > NG++ Hard, Might be time consuming, but the capsule that unlocks later in the game on the Ark allows you to start a NG Quickly once you are done with Superbosses and things on the NG+ Easy, But starting a NG+ on normal grants you access to the "uncommon" upgrading materials you will need later to upgrade items (Oh btw, be sure to upgrade weapon/shields 1 point at a time because if many points used in one upgrade it will count as one upgrade), this is just me though.

Thanks again for replying.

I've been digging a bit more, finding some good posts about staggering. Still, it isn't very clear to me. I use the arena in the Ark for testing indeed  (all Omega and bosses, at full health. No bonuses for hitting them in advance as you know). I went from crap to God without many clues about how I did it (same stats, different garbs).

The thing that I changed the most has been to replace the Miqo'te garb with Red Passion (I think. A saboteur one). It comes with Deprotect and Deshell lvl 2. Plus I added Imperil lvl 2 (and mediguard). Well, obviously that does help quite a bit if only for the fact the damage gets higher. The other two garbs are Spira's Summoner (Elementa lvl *) and Soldier of Peace. Which, the latter, seems useless, at least compared to Yuna's lovely dress!

Still, my big pain is the stagger. I simply don't get it. First of all I can't see the wave well. All the magic confuses the image. Sometime I see both yellow and white hit points (because Elementa is a multispell? Or maybe it was with the Chocobo. Still...). Others I see the "Stagger" message and then the hit points are all white. Which is a waste because stopping the time with L2 I get no benefits. Does it last less than a second? Or I have to change target (I read some monsters have different parts after staggering? Like the head gets vulnerable in the dragon or something like that)? A thing I may try to do is to use weaker garbs and abilities, because I can kill Chocobo Eater is two rounds of Elementa. I think Earth Eater went down in 3. Still  without meaningful stagger, though!!!

Regarding the monsters, yeah, Ive seen now that they also spawn depending on the time of the day. It's just that there has been a time window where I was pretty lonely near the research site in the Wildlands. Then I've got Chocobo Eaters spamming as if it was raining. I mean, it wasn't really an issue, I have so much time that I believe I will sleep over it the last few days.

About the original question, actually I'd love to get all items in the shortest time (for completionism, not just for the trophies) . So no NG+ on easy. I think the best thing will be to try the NG+ on Hard myself and see if I manage to go around killing and saving time as I need to. Otherwise I will just restart in Normal mode. I mean, Easy has been far too easy. But that's probably because I started to use Yuna's garb after starting on easy.

Edited by Michelasso
  • Like 1

Oh well, I have finished the game (and plat'ed it! Oh yeah!  :yay: ). To answer my own initial question (for the few new gamers who may wonder about this this in the future) the move from NG Easy to NG+ Hard is perfectly doable. It does help the fact that we are no matter what already geared up. Ng+ on Hard actually feels easier than NG on Easy. At least at the beginning (which includes the first two bosses in my cases).

About the staggering I've found out what confused me. Apparently unlike in the previous games the hit points are yellow when hitting a weak spot, without staggering. The Spira's Summoner garb, with its 1 shot kill Elementa * made of multiple different spells didn't help on the training process