Tonto's Trophy Room

James_Tonto

What a cool looking checklist! :)

Thanks, I actually made this checklist originally on another site. So I had a lot of practice ^^

Wow, amazing collection you have there. Great to see more people joining the site and participating, I hope you are enjoying it :)

Yeah I'm having a good time on here ^^

Nice List of Platinum's, Nicely done with AC & Uncharted !!

Thanks Chuck, my 5 AC plats were fun to work for. Very happy with my Uncharted 2 Platinum too. Looking to add some tough, rare plats to my collection this year, like XCOM: Enemy Within, Mirror's Edge & Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine.

1L88ae8c.png

Mirror's Edge
Platinum #54

My 54th platinum and a very challenging one at that. This game made me rage, but I was determined to earn this really rare plat and at long last I have conquered Mirror's Edge and added it to my Trophy collection.

Edited by James_Tonto

That's a good looking platinum collection you have there and a few I'm jealous of too (Prototype, Red Dead Redemption and Batman Arkham Asylum). Congratulations on the Mirror's Edge plat, it's pretty tough from what I hear. Good luck with your trophy goals for this year, there's some great games in there as well as some tough ones.

Damn fine looking list of incredible platinums you got going on here my friend :D 

Might I ask why you don't think you will be getting the platinum for Dead Rising 2? personally I loved that game and head a real blast playing that game and collecting the trophies for it .... even the annoying clothes and items trophies :D 

That's a good looking platinum collection you have there and a few I'm jealous of too (Prototype, Red Dead Redemption and Batman Arkham Asylum). Congratulations on the Mirror's Edge plat, it's pretty tough from what I hear. Good luck with your trophy goals for this year, there's some great games in there as well as some tough ones.

Thanks Film, I appreciate the comment. And glad you liked my platinum collection ^^. Working on a few games at the moment. I'll probably be moving Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine to my, 2015 Trophy goals, as me and my boosting partner have made excellent progress on the trophies lately.

Damn fine looking list of incredible platinums you got going on here my friend :D

Might I ask why you don't think you will be getting the platinum for Dead Rising 2? personally I loved that game and head a real blast playing that game and collecting the trophies for it .... even the annoying clothes and items trophies :D

I love the game, it's just the time limit that gets me. I love Dead Rising 2. I think Chuck Greene is a great protagonist, the game's universe gets really dark at times. Dead Rising 2: Off the Record has more annoying trophies, but DR2 has plenty of its own. The Psycho's in the game are also, really memorable. I'm kind of dreading, trying to plat the game. If that time limit was just a bit longer or non-existent the game would probably be a more appealing plat. Currently it's on the backburner, but I will try for this plat, someday.

What's wrong with Alone In The Dark? I have that plat and enjoyed it!!

Just messing pal, great list you have started here. Nice to see new faces, keep it up!

Thanks Freddie. Alone in the Dark isn't actually THAT awful a game. But when you consider the original games and what they turned them into, well you can see why this game, gets a bad reputation. The controls were also kinda clunky, especially the driving controls. It had some good ideas, like the inventory being in your jacket, bandaging up your own wounds and making improvised, combo weapons, like the fire bullets. But the protagonist is really unlikable, the endings weren't satisfying, there's that annoying bit where you have to track down all the roots of evil etc. I'm gonna switch out Alone in the Dark with another game that was far worse, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days. That was a really horrible game xD.

I see you just started a checklist. It looks nice. I like the banners in your Platinum Showroom. If you see anything on my list that I haven't completed yet and you are wanting to play them, let me know and maybe we can play. You have several plats on your list that I am working towards.

Edited by allenbird

Great collection and nice layout, I really like all the banners for every game. And finally someone else who thinks Bulletstorm and Overlord II are great games :highfive:. Congrats with the Resistance 2 and Mirror's Edge plats :yay:. If you managed to plat Mirror's Edge, Bayonetta should be a walk in the park even on Infinite Climax mode.

On 01/05/2015 at 1:04 PM, allenbird said:

I see you just started a checklist. It looks nice. I like the banners in your Platinum Showroom. If you see anything on my list that I haven't completed yet and you are wanting to play them, let me know and maybe we can play. You have several plats on your list that I am working towards.

Thanks Allen, well you don't really seem to have any multiplayer games, that I would want to plat or boost at the moment. The only game I am currently boosting is Warhammer: 40,000 - Space Marine, I currently have one, very cool boosting partner. But I'm always looking for additional help, since we can only boost at certain times. And additional help, could help him through the multiplayer faster as well.

On 01/05/2015 at 5:24 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Great collection and nice layout, I really like all the banners for every game. And finally someone else who thinks Bulletstorm and Overlord II are great games :highfive:. Congrats with the Resistance 2 and Mirror's Edge plats :yay:. If you managed to plat Mirror's Edge, Bayonetta should be a walk in the park even on Infinite Climax mode.

Yeah they're both great games. I platted Overlord II on my old profile, couldn't get a boosting partner for the new profile, so I left it on the backburner and missed out on the online trophies. (Fuck online trophies). With Bulletstorm, I enjoyed the game, but I just wasn't in the right mindset to sit down and focus on it. So I missed out on that plat too. They're both still, really good games. I only wish I could have earned their platinum trophies as well.

On 01/05/2015 at 5:51 PM, Boooda said:

Nice list dude, you've got some tough plats!

Thanks Booda, yeah I like to challenge myself more when trophy hunting. Once I get a new PS3 (My current one is old now and on its last legs) and a PS4, I'll likely go for some more tough plats. Like Vanquish, Shovel Knight, Bayonetta etc. Before then, I hope to go for some very tough plats, like Wet.

Edited by James_Tonto
Typo Fix

Awesome list! Congrats on that recent Mirror's Edge plat. That really is a tough one but such an awesome game. 

Gotta say I'm jealous of your Batman plats too. I'm thinking of trying to finish off those challenges again but they are super tough for me. 

Hello all, just a quick trophy update and then I'll reply to the above posts. First off, I'm almost finished with Space Marine, I am within spitting distance of the Platinum. I have two excellent boosting partners who have helped me out with the Weapon Challenges. Now I only have about 6 to go and half of them are partially finished. I've also almost finished my first playthrough of The Witch and the Hundred Knight. I have also started playing Killzone 2, the video guides on Intel locations/Helghast icon locations are usually out of order, to add to the frustration >_<. I'm playing through the game, aiming to pick up as many trophies as I can, along the way.

Great trophy checklist. Great plats!

Thanks ^^

Awesome list! Congrats on that recent Mirror's Edge plat. That really is a tough one but such an awesome game. 

Gotta say I'm jealous of your Batman plats too. I'm thinking of trying to finish off those challenges again but they are super tough for me. 

Yeah Mirror's Edge is a tough plat and frustrating at times. But it's still a good game. The Arkham games can be tough plats, I found Asylum much easier to plat. Arkham City had lots of little annoyances, like the number of Riddler trophies, and gating off Catwoman as DLC. If you're struggling with the challenges, I recommend looking up guides on youtube.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Man it's hard to believe it's been a whole month, since my last post. Got a bunch of updates, first and foremost is my latest platinum.

1L0d6b66.png

Rayman Legends

Platinum #55

This game was quite the struggle to plat, namely due to the tedious Truly Awesome trophy. This trophy wouldn't be so bad, if you weren't award such a meager amount of points, regardless of how highly you score. The exception being the platinum trophies on the daily/weekly challenges. Those give you 50 points. But good luck getting those fucking trophies T_T. Honestly I recommend the game, but trophy-wise, the Truly Awesome trophy will really piss you off. Especially if you got a gold, but login the next day and get a silver, because your score was bumped down, while you were asleep.

Onto other news. I got a PS4 finally  B) And I've been loving every game I've played on it so far. I currently own Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, Shovel Knight, Bastion, Super Stardust HD, Resogun, inFAMOUS: Second Son, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Farcry 4 & Bloodborne. With plans to own Grim Fandango remastered, inFAMOUS: First Light, Transistor, Surgeon Simulator: Anniversary Edition, Shadows of Mordor, Dust an Elysian Tail and many more. ^^ I'll still be playing my PS3 games, since I have so many I still have to finish off and platinum. 

Edited by James_Tonto
Missing Image

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1L889b63.png

inFAMOUS: Second Son

Platinum #57

Platinum 57, my second PS4 Platinum and another great addition to my collection. Aso my third inFAMOUS series platinum.

Congrats on your new plat James !!!! good luck with last trophy for Bastion  :gold: Hard Bargain ! I hope soon see you plat Bastion :)

First of all that banner is awesome I´m assume that´s floriiss work :b

Nice Checklist congratz on that Mirror´s Edge plat not an easy 1 !!!

I think you´re the only person that I have seen in the site with a checklist by alphabetic order too xD

Me being a huge fan of the arkham series as soon as you can I recomend you go to play the Arkham Origins because you already finish the other 2 and the game is awesome :)

First of all that banner is awesome I´m assume that´s floriiss work :b

Nice Checklist congratz on that Mirror´s Edge plat not an easy 1 !!!

I think you´re the only person that I have seen in the site with a checklist by alphabetic order too xD

Me being a huge fan of the arkham series as soon as you can I recomend you go to play the Arkham Origins because you already finish the other 2 and the game is awesome :)

Thanks, glad you like my checklist ^^. I decided to go with Alphabetical order, as it makes it easier to navigate. ^^ As for Arkham origins? Game is fairly buggy, much to my annoyance and I know WB aren't gonna fix it, which just angers me even more. And I don't have anyone to help with online trophies. But I'll hopefully beat Arkham Origins eventually

• Like 1

Great list man, awesome plats and sick banner

Thanks Waffle ^^. I'm really pleased with how the banner turned out myself ^^. As for my plats, I'm trying to build an awesome collection. Plats from games that I enjoy playing or found challenging, I hope to add Surgeon Simulator, Shovel Knight, Guacamelee STCE, Killzone 2 and The Witch and the Hundred Knight to my plat collection, in the next couple of months.

• Like 1