Tonto's Trophy Room

James_Tonto

Thanks Waffle ^^. I'm really pleased with how the banner turned out myself ^^. As for my plats, I'm trying to build an awesome collection. Plats from games that I enjoy playing or found challenging, I hope to add Surgeon Simulator, Shovel Knight, Guacamelee STCE, Killzone 2 and The Witch and the Hundred Knight to my plat collection, in the next couple of months.

Sweet, best of luck dude (^__^)b  :highfive:

• 2 weeks later...

1L47879f.png

Teslagrad
Platinum #59

Fun but short game, collecting all the scrolls is a bit of a pain and I did get pretty frustrated at times, but overall I enjoyed the game. The art style, gameplay, puzzles etc are well thought out. And the bosses were all the right amount of difficult. Definitely recommend this game, especially since it's currently free on PS Plus.

Great platinum checklist, I also aim to platinum games that I feel are good as well.

Thank you, glad you like my checklist ^^. It's important to me to enjoy the game, you are trying to plat. Glad you have a similar attitude, and hope you enjoy the last 9 plats to your 100th platinum ^^

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A double-dose of platinum goodness. 2 plats in the one day, two more titles added to my Trophy Room. ^^

1Lc21773.png

Platinum #60

Split/Second Velocity

A pretty tough challenge, but one I eventually managed to overcome. Special thanks to Voyt6, Byronic and redfoo1125 for helping with the online trophies.

1L042254.png

Platinum #61

God of War: Chains of Olympus

My first God of War Platinum, it was definitely a fun experience and I look forward to beating the rest of the series.

• 3 weeks later...

1L617665.png

God of War

Platinum #62

My 62nd platinum and my second God of War platinum. This plat was pretty tricky at times, specifically Completing the Challenges of the Gods trophy. That aside, really awesome game, had a blast playing through it. Hopefully I'll plat Ghost of Sparta as my next God of War platinum or Ascension if I pick it up before starting Ghost of Sparta.

1Lee3554.png

The Witch and the Hundred Knight
Platinum #63

I had actually forgotten about this game for a little while. I started focusing on it earlier this year and forgot to go back and finish it. Going back to tackle the final ending was a bit of a challenge, but I persevered and conquered this game. I love this game, but it has one major problem, specifically it can crash rather unexpectedly, so you'll have to save often. If you're interested in the game, my advice would be to wait until the PS4 remaster comes out. Hopefully the PS4 version will have the bug fixed.

• Like 1

1Lee3554.png

The Witch and the Hundred Knight

Platinum #63

I had actually forgotten about this game for a little while. I started focusing on it earlier this year and forgot to go back and finish it. Going back to tackle the final ending was a bit of a challenge, but I persevered and conquered this game. I love this game, but it has one major problem, specifically it can crash rather unexpectedly, so you'll have to save often. If you're interested in the game, my advice would be to wait until the PS4 remaster comes out. Hopefully the PS4 version will have the bug fixed.

Congrats on your new plat James !!!! I hope can play that game soon, it look like a lot off fun :)

Congrats on your new plat James !!!! I hope can play that game soon, it look like a lot off fun :)

Thanks Cassio ^^. It is a fun game, though I would seriously urge you to wait for the PS4 version as that will have new content, like playing as the titular Witch Metallia as well as the Hundred Knight. Plus that bug should hopefully be fixed, I plan to get the PS4 version as well as I enjoyed this game enough to plat it twice ^_^

• Like 1

Great list sir, keep up the good work ;)

Thanks ^^

1L4ed97c.png

God of War: Ghost of Sparta

Platinum #64

My 64th platinum and my third God of War platinum. I have enjoyed platting the God of War series over the last month and a bit. Currently I still have to beat GoW II, III and Ascension. Two of the games I don't currently own i.e, Ascension and GoWIII I'll likely save for later in the year or next year, when I pick them up. As for which version of God of War III I'll pick up? I.e, the PS3 or PS4 version, I'll do a bit of research on that and decide later. Not sure what platinum I'll go for next, hopefully one of the games I've had on the backburner for a bit ^^;

Edited by James_Tonto
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1L5e96f1.png

inFAMOUS: First Light

Platinum #66

The last of the current inFAMOUS games. First Light was a pretty fun if short lived experience, my only regreat was that I felt the game needed to be longer, but what we all got, was still pretty good.

Congrats on your new 3 plats James !!!! Ah You got now 1 more than me xD I got back to trophy hunting i'm play now Star Wars Battlefront :) i hope plat in 2 weeks :) Indeed its very fun what you play ,i did also like a lot.

Merry%252BChristmas%252Band%252BHappy%25

Congrats on your new 3 plats James !!!! Ah You got now 1 more than me xD I got back to trophy hunting i'm play now Star Wars Battlefront :) i hope plat in 2 weeks :) Indeed its very fun what you play ,i did also like a lot.

Thanks Cassio. I think I can squeeze one more platinum out of the year, without the game being too easy. Specifically I want to try and platinum Super Stardust Ultra, I've taken out a bunch of trophies lately and I'm eager to try and plat the game before New Year. It just has some especially aggravating trophies, though not on the level of Surgeon Simulator xD.

And now a quick recap of all the platinums I've managed to acquire this year.

1L391162.png1Le491c6.png1La7446b.png1L63d8bb.png1L66984d.png

1L0e571e.png1L5f9436.png1L5baf2f.png1L3a97ae.png1L88ae8c.png

1L0d6b66.png1L12c265.png1L889b63.png1L83e12d.png1L47879f.png

1Lc21773.png1L042254.png1L617665.png1Lee3554.png1L4ed97c.png

1Lf207be.png1L5e96f1.png

22 Games this year.

4 Assassin Creed Titles

4 God of War games

2 inFAMOUS games

I have a lot of progress on a lot of other games, and plenty I need to start or revisit. I've made a personal rule, not to buy any games unless I finish/plat at least 3 other games first. Mainly to keep me focused on the games I have already started. For 2016, I plan to play and beat the following games.

• Bionic Commando (Possibly after I play ReArmed and get the Purple Key)
  • The Witcher 3 (I got this as a late Christmas gift, the game is installed and will be one of the games I start working on in January)
  • Dragon Age 2 (I just need to complete the Pro-Templar playthrough. Shouldn't be too hard)
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition (I'm gonna import my Dragon Age 2 Pro-Mage save file and start this, after finishing DA2)
  • Warhammer: 40,000 - Space Marine (I've already got a bunch of progress in the 40k kills. I'll try to grind out the rest of the kills next year.)
  • Bastion (Super close to beating this game already)
  • Final Fantasy VII (I plan to pick it up next year. One of my fave Final Fantasy games, I can't wait to have a shiny platinum for it <3)
  • Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (I beat the original PS3 version. Now it's time to beat the PS4 version)
  • Minecraft (The game is certainly interesting, not my fave game ever. But I want to plat it.)
  • Rocket League 
  • Knack (My brother got it for his son, who played it on my profile. I didn't initially plan on beating this game. But I find it's got enough fun and challenge to it.)
  • Strider (It's a fun game. I just got distracted. I'll beat it in 2016 definitely)
  • SOULCALIBUR II HD ONLINE
  • Dragon's Crown (Love this game, but needed a short break from it. I am eager to go back and Platinum this game =D)
  • X-Men Origins: Wolverine 
  • Surgeon Simulator
  • Killzone 2
  • Shovel Knight
  • Skyrim
  • Dust an Elysian Tail
  • Super Time Force Ultra
  • Knight's Contract
  • Bioshock 2
  • Bioshock: Infinite
Edited by James_Tonto
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1L7e6975.png

Super Stardust Ultra

Platinum #67

My first platinum of 2016, pretty tough and aggravating at times. But still a fun experience. I definitely recommend it.

Congrats with your new plat James !!! Wow nice start with new year . You got still one more plat more than me  :shakefist:  I go work really hard get alot off plats this year!!! I hope get 30 this year this year had all most 25 plats. I just plat STAR WARS Battlefront what a awesome game !!! What will your next plat BioShock 2? Lol i go keep eye on you James  :D

image.jpg?w=552&c=1

Edited by Cassiopria

Congrats with your new plat James !!! Wow nice start with new year . You got still one more plat more than me  :shakefist:  I go work really hard get alot off plats this year!!! I hope get 30 this year this year had all most 25 plats. I just plat STAR WARS Battlefront what a awesome game !!! What will your next plat BioShock 2? Lol i go keep eye on you James  :D

image.jpg?w=552&c=1

Hehe I'm flattered you're watching me ^^. And good call, Bioshock 2 IS my next platinum.

1La7c163.png

Bioshock 2

Platinum #68

Earned on 20/01/2016

Pretty easy/average plat to go for. I beat Minerva's Den and the Protector Challenges first, before finishing off the game a second time. I may possibly go back and do the last three online trophies. But given how much grinding I did with the online already, it's a big maybe if I'll go back for the 100%, especially since I don't feel like grinding to Level 50 for one last trophy.

• Like 1

Hehe I'm flattered you're watching me ^^. And good call, Bioshock 2 IS my next platinum.

1La7c163.png

Bioshock 2

Platinum #68

Earned on 20/01/2016

Pretty easy/average plat to go for. I beat Minerva's Den and the Protector Challenges first, before finishing off the game a second time. I may possibly go back and do the last three online trophies. But given how much grinding I did with the online already, it's a big maybe if I'll go back for the 100%, especially since I don't feel like grinding to Level 50 for one last trophy.

Congrats with your new plat James !!! This is awesome game and plat! i love BioShock , sadly still need plat BioShock Infinite that is all so good story and ending I need to 1999 mode and than rest off the trophies!

JwiUAbi.jpg?1

1Le61130.png

X-Men Origins Wolverine

Platinum #69

Earned on 23/01/2016

Not a bad game, definitely one of the better move-based games around. Wolverine was fun, but nothing amazing. It put a lot more work than you might expect from a movie-licensed game. I do have some gripes with the game, but it's certainly worth playing and platting, particularly if you can find it cheap.

• 1 month later...

1L6c211c.png

Rocket League

Platinum #70

Earned on 06/03/2016

I was genuinely surprised when this platinum trophy popped up. I was practicing in Season mode, before going online, and Far Far Away was earned. I finished off the match and then Stocked popped up for collecting 150 items and then the Platinum was earned as well. It brought a smile to my face.  B)  Especially since I was having a bit of a hard time in Shovel Knight, on Propeller Knight's level, just trying to get to the boss fight, without dying earlier.

I also picked up Rebel Galaxy and Goat Simulator on the PS Store, so I'll try those out later.

• Like 1

1L6c211c.png

Rocket League

Platinum #70

Earned on 06/03/2016

I was genuinely surprised when this platinum trophy popped up. I was practicing in Season mode, before going online, and Far Far Away was earned. I finished off the match and then Stocked popped up for collecting 150 items and then the Platinum was earned as well. It brought a smile to my face.  B)  Especially since I was having a bit of a hard time in Shovel Knight, on Propeller Knight's level, just trying to get to the boss fight, without dying earlier.

I also picked up Rebel Galaxy and Goat Simulator on the PS Store, so I'll try those out later.

1Le61130.png

X-Men Origins Wolverine

Platinum #69

Earned on 23/01/2016

Not a bad game, definitely one of the better move-based games around. Wolverine was fun, but nothing amazing. It put a lot more work than you might expect from a movie-licensed game. I do have some gripes with the game, but it's certainly worth playing and platting, particularly if you can find it cheap.

Congrats with you 2 new plat James !!! nice work good sir :) did you buy now the new the witcher and the hundred knight? i did it look a lot off fun :)

Congrats with you 2 new plat James !!! nice work good sir :) did you buy now the new the witcher and the hundred knight? i did it look a lot off fun :)

Oh I definitely plan to pick it up, some of the game's trophies do seem a lot more grindy though, so not looking forward to that. But so long as that crashing glitch is fixed, I'll have no issue with buying the PS4 version.

• Like 1