Tonto's Trophy Room

James_Tonto

1L3546d3.png

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

Platinum # 72

Earned on 25/03/2016

Guacamelee! STCE my 72nd platinum. Also I couldn't believe this at first, but I earned this platinum, EXACTLY one year after I earned the original Guacamelee platinum on PS3.

Edited by James_Tonto
  • Like 2

1L3546d3.png

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

Platinum # 72

Earned on 25/03/2016

Guacamelee! STCE my 72nd platinum. Also I couldn't believe this at first, but I earned this platinum, EXACTLY one year after I earned the original Guacamelee platinum on PS3.

Congrats with your new plat James !!! What will your 75 plat ? How go the trophy hunting ?

Congrats with your new plat James !!! What will your 75 plat ? How go the trophy hunting ?

The trophy hunting goes well. ^^ I'm a fifth of the way, towards my yearly goal of thirty platinums. I have plenty of games that would make an excellent 75th platinum. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, Killzone 2, Bastion, Surgeon Simulator, Shovel Knight and XCOM: Enemy Unknown would all be ideal candidates for my 75th platinum trophy. I have a feeling it is going to be Killzone 2, I made some more progress towards that particular platinum yesterday and I'm now halfway through my Elite difficulty playthrough. As for my next platinum, I'm not really sure what game it will be yet. I'm fine with a suggestion or challenge if you have one.

• Like 1

The hunt goes well, just earned platinum #73.

1Lf4cd41.png

Day of the Tentacle Remastered

Platinum #73

Earned on 28/03/2016

It's a really fun and interesting game, brilliantly remastered. I'd definitely recommend the game, even if it is shorter than expected.

Edited by James_Tonto
  • Like 1

1Lc16581.png

Bastion

Platinum #74

Earned on 29/03/2016

My 74th platinum and my 5th platinum this month. Bastion is as awesome as ever, one of my favorite games of all time. I just love this game, the music, art style and awesome narrator make it a game I have to recommend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1L84a87b.png

Dragon's Crown

Platinum #75

Earned on 10/04/2016

My 75th Platinum trophy, and it's from one of my favorite, PS3 games. Dragon's Crown is a ton of fun, it may have taken me awhile to platinum, but I finally managed it. I really recommend this game, it's an awesome game, that I had a blast playing through and beating. Reaching Level 99 will take awhile, but it's a rewarding experience.

• Like 1

1L84a87b.png

Dragon's Crown

Platinum #75

Earned on 10/04/2016

My 75th Platinum trophy, and it's from one of my favorite, PS3 games. Dragon's Crown is a ton of fun, it may have taken me awhile to platinum, but I finally managed it. I really recommend this game, it's an awesome game, that I had a blast playing through and beating. Reaching Level 99 will take awhile, but it's a rewarding experience.

Congrats with your awesome # 75 plat James ! I love that game and game style i can't wait for Odin Sphere! 

• 1 month later...

1L84a87b.png

Dragon's Crown

Platinum #75

Earned on 10/04/2016

nice trophy list, although the title made me laugh since "tonto" means "dumb" in spanish xD

I love how you have your games sorted out by series, might do that lol. Great checklist

Thanks. Yeah it made sense to me, to sort the games, alphabetically and by the series. I usually try to arrange them in chronological order, which can be a Nightmare. Especially for a series like Assassin's Creed. Since there are all those sidestory games, like Rogue, Liberation, Chronicles etc.

nice trophy list, although the title made me laugh since "tonto" means "dumb" in spanish xD

I just noticed this lol :D

Yeah Tonto was a college nickname I picked up, namely cause I was a big, quiet kinda guy. The nickname was given to me by an older college student, who could've been my Dad, he was that old. Big Tonto was my frequent nickname, I was told the nickname was based on the Lone Ranger and his big native amaerican friend, and yes I took Spanish in college, but kept the nickname. It was given in a joking, friendly manner and not a negative one. Plus it was way better than my old PSN Name: James01367, which seems like something a bot might choose or be named.
Edited by James_Tonto

Yeah Tonto was a college nickname I picked up, namely cause I was a big, quiet kinda guy. The nickname was given to me by an older college student, who could've been my Dad, he was that old. Big Tonto was my frequent nickname, I was told the nickname was based on the Lone Ranger and his big native amaerican friend, and yes I took Spanish in college, but kept the nickname. It was given in a joking, friendly manner and not a negative one. Plus it was way better than my old PSN Name: James01367, which seems like something a bot might choose or be named.

personally since i know spanish i think that "james01367" was better than "james_tonto", i can't help but read it as "james_dumb" xD of course you won't have problems with it since you live in UK, but if you one day talk to some spanish speaking person i would recommend that you don't tell him/her your username, otherwise they will probably laugh at it  :giggle:

but anyways its just a silly thing that doesn't have any importance, the important thing is that you have a great trophy collection, keep it up!

personally since i know spanish i think that "james01367" was better than "james_tonto", i can't help but read it as "james_dumb" xD of course you won't have problems with it since you live in UK, but if you one day talk to some spanish speaking person i would recommend that you don't tell him/her your username, otherwise they will probably laugh at it  :giggle:

but anyways its just a silly thing that doesn't have any importance, the important thing is that you have a great trophy collection, keep it up!

Thanks, I'm hoping to expand it a good bit this year. And I had other reasons for abandoning my James01367 profile, namely some really shitty games I played and platinums I earned. Plus all the incomplete games I had started. There are a lot less of them, on my current profile. Just a damn shame I can't earn the Overlord II or Ghostbusters platinums again.  :(
Edited by James_Tonto
  • Like 1

1L3440aa.png

God of War II

Platinum #76

My 76th platinum and my 10th platinum trophy this year. God of War II was a lot of fun. It's a shame I've almost finished all the games now, but this series has been a blast to play through. God of War Ii remains consistently fun and enjoyable, just like the previous games. There was plenty of awesome locations and enemies to battle in this game, from frigid mountains and the war torn city of Rhodes. To the temple of the sisters of fate, and even revisiting the final battle with Ares from the previous game. There's a lot to say about God of War II, and it's tricky to list everything great about it. The weapons are varied and fun to use, the magical abilities are super-helpful in combat, and the golden fleece is great for sending an enemies attack, right back at them. I'm looking forward to playing and beating God of War III.

1L3440aa.png

God of War II

Platinum #76

My 76th platinum and my 10th platinum trophy this year. God of War II was a lot of fun. It's a shame I've almost finished all the games now, but this series has been a blast to play through. God of War Ii remains consistently fun and enjoyable, just like the previous games. There was plenty of awesome locations and enemies to battle in this game, from frigid mountains and the war torn city of Rhodes. To the temple of the sisters of fate, and even revisiting the final battle with Ares from the previous game. There's a lot to say about God of War II, and it's tricky to list everything great about it. The weapons are varied and fun to use, the magical abilities are super-helpful in combat, and the golden fleece is great for sending an enemies attack, right back at them. I'm looking forward to playing and beating God of War III.

Out of likes at the moment so just want to say - Good job on your new platinum! :wave: 

• 4 weeks later...

Out of likes at the moment so just want to say - Good job on your new platinum! :wave:

Thanks Radebe. ^_^ Sorry for delayed response. 

Really jealous of your resistance 2 plat. I never got round to finishing it in time

Ah Resistance 2, it's one of my proudest platinums, and also one of the more annoying ones. I still want to punch the person who decided 10,000 kills was acceptable. Though not as much as I want to find the chuckling numbnuts that thought 40,000 kills was acceptable in WH40K. Without any way to track your kills. At least Resistance 2 kept track of your kills.

1Lbfed98.png

Gravity Rush: Remastered
Platinum # 77
I was very eager to try Gravity Rush, and was excited when my brother gave me his Vita. Unfortunately the Vita stopped having games made, which meant, finding a copy was a chore. Fortunately, the PS4 remaster came around, and gave me the chance, to play this brilliant game. Gravity Rush impressed me with its visuals, almost immediately. I fell in love with this game, and took my time to play through it. The game is shorter than expected, but I found it very enjoyable. I particularly liked the additional content missions, which were included in the Remaster. I really recommend this game, it was a blast to play through.
  • Like 2

1L52e1f2.png

Dust An Elysian Tail

Plat # 78

Earned on 04/07/2016

My 78th platinum, Dust was a lot of fun to play, I would've platted it sooner. But there are a lot of games I wanted to play and finish, and RL also got in the way a lot, but I finally did it. Only 1 platinum trophy until I hit 80. And 2 trophies until I have 8000 total. I would definitely recommend Dust, it's an excellent game, well worth your hard-earned cash. 

Edited by James_Tonto
  • Like 2

1L52e1f2.png

Dust An Elysian Tail

Plat # 79

Earned on 04/07/2016

My 79th platinum, Dust was a lot of fun to play, I would've platted it sooner. But there are a lot of games I wanted to play and finish, and RL also got in the way a lot, but I finally did it. Only 1 platinum trophy until I hit 80. And 2 trophies until I have 8000 total. I would definitely recommend Dust, it's an excellent game, well worth your hard-earned cash. 

Good job James!

I have that game from ps+ and I`ve been planning to play it sometime so can you tell me what did you like it so much in this game. And also how much time you needed to beat it completely and get your plat?

Cheers friend! ;)

Good job James!

I have that game from ps+ and I`ve been planning to play it sometime so can you tell me what did you like it so much in this game. And also how much time you needed to beat it completely and get your plat?

Cheers friend! ;)

Well for starters, the combat is simple, responsive and fun. There are an array of abilities to unlock and use, the magic attacks are particularly enjoyable to use. It's easy to rack up high combos, and levelling up is always a blast. Literally a blast, you make this explosive blast when you level up. It's cool. The enemy variety is good, no area has exactly the same enemies, they tend to come in different varieties. Some enemies do just get a palette swap, but a lot of enemies are unique to certain places. The story and voice acting are good, nothing amazing, but still enjoyable. I really liked all the characters, they've got memorable personalities and designs. You'll mostly struggle with finding all the friends/characters from other games. I had to look up a guide to find 3 of them myself. You won't get all the abilities you'll need, until near the very end of the game. You don't have to unlock all the chests in the game, which is a relief, as there are a lot of treasures to find.

Great checklist and some pretty impressive plats as well, awesome!  B)  :platinum:  :yay:

Thank you ^^. Yeah I'm really pleased with my plat collection. Keeping a healthy mix of games, old and new.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Checklist is looking good, my friend! Shame I didn't realize I could mark PS+ games on the PlayStation website when Dust was a Plus game (found that out later) but it does sound cool. I finally stepped up to PS4 back in May and it sounds like one to keep "on the radar". Good luck with AC IV!

Checklist is looking good, my friend! Shame I didn't realize I could mark PS+ games on the PlayStation website when Dust was a Plus game (found that out later) but it does sound cool. I finally stepped up to PS4 back in May and it sounds like one to keep "on the radar". Good luck with AC IV!

Thanks Icebrand, I just beat and platted ACIV now. ^^

1L9e41ed.png

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Platinum #79

Earned on 25/07/2016

Black Flag has been a game, I have been meaning to get around to, for awhile. I borrowed it off a friend last year, and now it's finally platted. It's been a fun experience, I'd rate this game as my second favourite in the AC Series. I may eventually go back to this game and beat the DLC. Overall though, I'm happy with the experience I've had. Not sure where I should go next in the AC series, whether to pick up Chronicles or wait until their next game. Since I currently plan to skip Unity and Syndicate.

• Like 2