Tonto's Trophy Room

James_Tonto

1L749b52.png

Fallout: New Vegas - Ultimate Edition

Platinum #80

Earned on 22/08/2016

Fallout: New Vegas is one of my fave PS3 games. But oh gods, the stuttering/lag when I got to higher levels almost made this impossible to finish. The game could crash so easily, I had to quit the entire game, boot it up again to continue, on my final playthrough, when I was Level 50. It stuttered WAY less on my other rushed playthroughs for the Mr. House/Legion. Overall I had a good time though, just be prepared for some frustration, if you attempt this platinum Trophy.

Edited by James_Tonto
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

1Lbb65bc.png

Surgeon Simulator

Platinum #81

Earned on 15/09/2016

One of the hardest platinum trophies I have ever gone for. This is an ultra-rare platinum for good reason. It's a tough, tough challenge. Definitely the Hardest platinum for me in 2016. I do still recommend playing the game, but just be prepared for anger and frustration if you go for the trophies. It takes a lot of skill, patience and luck to beat this game and all its trophies. 

Edited by James_Tonto

Nice looking list dude, i see some familiar plats in here and some cool ones too. Keep it up.  ^_^

Thanks. Going for the Apotheon Platinum next. Should have it added this week hopefully.

Edit: Or I'll go ahead and get it tonight ^^;

Great work on the checklist, James.  It has a pretty similar layout to my own one - feel free to stop by there sometime! :D

Still remember all those Ghostbusters matches we played back when you had your old account!

Hey thanks for swinging by, been awhile since we last saw one another. You're all the way up to 99 platinums now heh. Ghostbusters man, my one big regret with starting my new account, missing out on the Ghostbusters and Overlord 2 platinums T_T. Well those two and Bulletstorm.

Edited by James_Tonto
  • Like 1

1L6ed4d9.png

Apotheon

Platinum # 82

Earned on 17/09/2016

I honestly didn't expect to earn this platinum as quickly as I did. But Apotheon takes its place as my 82nd Platinum trophy. The game was fun, it's fairly easy, but also really likeable. The game's art style really helps it stand out from other games on the market. I'd definitely recommend picking up this game.

Edited by James_Tonto
  • Like 1

On 19/09/2016 at 1:39 AM, KyuubiWarGreymon said:

You're welcome. Nice, congrats on getting it since i see that you got it now. ^^

Thanks Kyubi. It was a nice addition to my platinum collection ^^

1Lb44d08.png

SOULCALIBUR II HD ONLINE

Platinum # 83

Earned on 19/09/2016

September is proving to be full of surprises for me, as I manage to tidy up the trophy list, on another game in my backlog, this time SoulCalibur II HD. I am a fan of the series, I still own my copy of SCIV I got, way back when the PS3 first came out. SCII is definitely one of my favourite entries in the franchise, followed by SCIII and then IV. Though I felt IV was a lot lazier, compared to Soul Calibur II and III, it did introduce some characters I really liked. Getting back to SoulCalibur II, I can recommend it happily, and definitely encourage people to try it out.

Edited by James_Tonto
  • Like 2

Thanks Kyubi. It was a nice addition to my platinum collection ^^

1Lb44d08.png

SOULCALIBUR II HD ONLINE

Platinum # 83

Earned on 19/09/2016

September is proving to be full of surprises for me, as I manage to tidy up the trophy list, on another game in my backlog, this time SoulCalibur II HD. I am a fan of the series, I still own my copy of SCIV I got, way back when the PS3 first came out. SCII is definitely one of my favourite entries in the franchise, followed by SCIII and then IV. Though I felt IV was a lot lazier, compared to Soul Calibur II and III, it did introduce some characters I really liked. Getting back to SoulCalibur II, I can recommend it happily, and definitely encourage people to try it out.

You're welcome and i'm sure it was ^^ And nice job on the new plat, it's a beauty too.

1L591726.png

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Platinum #84

It seems my platinum streak in September continues, with the addition of Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, to my collection. Not only is it one of my most coveted/sought-after platinums, it's also my second Ultra Rare plat this year/month. I love the Warhammer 40,000 universe, and this game in general. You really do feel like one of the Emperor's Space Marines, while playing this game. I'm proud to have this game in my trophy collection, and would definitely recommend this game to anyone looking to get into the setting. I managed to earn my 40,000th kill in Exterminatus private, which I find is generally the best way to earn and keep track of your kills. 

Edited by James_Tonto
There was a big empty spot

• 3 weeks later...

1L320304.png

No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise

Platinum #85

My first platinum of October and hopefully not the last. No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise is an excellent game, one of my favourite games, ported to the playstation 3. I'd really recommend this game for prospective trophy hunters and people just looking to have a good fun time, with a game. It's got humour, great bosses, plenty of collectables and side-missions to keep you entertained for hours. My 3 playthroughs of the game took me just under 40 hours. And a lot of that was spent getting Gold Medals on certain Assassination missions, getting S-Ranks on the boss battles and gathering up all the collectables scattered across Santa Destroy. 

Edited by James_Tonto

I'm very happy to see that a good chunk of games I own and plan to platinum, or have already platinumed, are also on your list. Well done.

I'll probably never touch Surgeon Simulator as I actually had rage inducing moments during God of War's Challenge 10 (fuck those Satyrs) and in a couple levels of Hotline Miami. If Jak II is just as rage inducing then I hope I don't break my controller. I very nearly almost did during God of War.

Always loved the God of War series. Planning to do Ascension soon.

I just recently finished inFamous First Light which was a pretty fun title. Planning to do both inFamous and inFamous 2 sometime in a month or two, and I have a voucher for Festival of Blood so that's the entire inFamous series finished.

Uncharted 2 and 3 I plan to do after I finish off the Jak and Daxter series and Duke Nukem 20th Anniversary. I loved Duke 3D so much as a kid and I can't pass it up. I heard Uncharted 2 and 3 are a little easier than Drakes Fortune but I'll have to see when I play them.

Red Dead Redemption is my favorite game on the PS3, bar none. Invested a few hundred hours into the multiplayer and my account before Game Spy got taken down had over 7000+ kills in competitive matches. I really, really hate that they put in Posse Up, I'm fine with one or two people helping me with an online trophy but eight players? Yikes.

I would probably already have bought Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle, but I lost my job a while back so I'm having to cut back. Having no job sucks.

Would love to platinum Assassins Creed Black Flag and finally get that finished but I heard the multiplayer takes 20 - 30 hours to get all the trophies. So I'm not sure yet.

Teslagrad was a fun little title but getting three or four of the scrolls was an absolute pain. One being where you have to navigate around electric barriers.

A title I would recommend and one I'm planning to do soon is Sleeping Dogs. It's very much like the inFamous games and Assassin Creed games and Grand Theft Auto games, but with kung foo being the focus rather than superpowers or stealth/hidden blades or guns. I won't immediately go after it but when I was playing the game two years ago it was quite easy.

So many games I want to play, so little time.

Edited by Spastic

On 10/10/2016 at 4:12 AM, Spastic said:

I'm very happy to see that a good chunk of games I own and plan to platinum, or have already platinumed, are also on your list. Well done.

I'll probably never touch Surgeon Simulator as I actually had rage inducing moments during God of War's Challenge 10 (fuck those Satyrs) and in a couple levels of Hotline Miami. If Jak II is just as rage inducing then I hope I don't break my controller. I very nearly almost did during God of War.

Always loved the God of War series. Planning to do Ascension soon.

I just recently finished inFamous First Light which was a pretty fun title. Planning to do both inFamous and inFamous 2 sometime in a month or two, and I have a voucher for Festival of Blood so that's the entire inFamous series finished.

Uncharted 2 and 3 I plan to do after I finish off the Jak and Daxter series and Duke Nukem 20th Anniversary. I loved Duke 3D so much as a kid and I can't pass it up. I heard Uncharted 2 and 3 are a little easier than Drakes Fortune but I'll have to see when I play them.

Red Dead Redemption is my favorite game on the PS3, bar none. Invested a few hundred hours into the multiplayer and my account before Game Spy got taken down had over 7000+ kills in competitive matches. I really, really hate that they put in Posse Up, I'm fine with one or two people helping me with an online trophy but eight players? Yikes.

I would probably already have bought Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle, but I lost my job a while back so I'm having to cut back. Having no job sucks.

Would love to platinum Assassins Creed Black Flag and finally get that finished but I heard the multiplayer takes 20 - 30 hours to get all the trophies. So I'm not sure yet.

Teslagrad was a fun little title but getting three or four of the scrolls was an absolute pain. One being where you have to navigate around electric barriers.

A title I would recommend and one I'm planning to do soon is Sleeping Dogs. It's very much like the inFamous games and Assassin Creed games and Grand Theft Auto games, but with kung foo being the focus rather than superpowers or stealth/hidden blades or guns. I won't immediately go after it but when I was playing the game two years ago it was quite easy.

So many games I want to play, so little time.

Have fun with the inFAMOUS games. They're some of my favourite games on PS3/PS4. AC: Black Flag was actually one of the easiest times I had, levelling up in an Assassin's Creed game. Just stick to Wolfpack mode, the co-op game play mode and you'll find yourself levelled up in no time. Uncharted 2 and 3 are easier, but if you totally want to avoid the online trophies, play the Nathan Drake collection, bearing in mind, you'll probably never get a 100% due to the new difficulty trophies they added as extras.

I hope you get a chance to play Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle, those were both blasts to play through. Really fun and funny games. I'll pick up Sleeping Dogs at some point, my backlog is already massive though, so it's going to be a lower priority for me. Thanks for the lengthy comment, glad you liked so many of the platinum trophies I went for.

1L201f98.png

Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man

Platinum #86

I don't really have too much to say on this one. It's Pac-Man, it's a simple but fun little game. Definitely worth picking up, if you really love retro games. Prepare to save and load a lot to your online storage, if you want to plat this game though. Those Om Nom Nom trophies got kind of annoying =/

Edited by James_Tonto
  • Like 1

Have fun with the inFAMOUS games. They're some of my favourite games on PS3/PS4. AC: Black Flag was actually one of the easiest times I had, levelling up in an Assassin's Creed game. Just stick to Wolfpack mode, the co-op game play mode and you'll find yourself levelled up in no time. Uncharted 2 and 3 are easier, but if you totally want to avoid the online trophies, play the Nathan Drake collection, bearing in mind, you'll probably never get a 100% due to the new difficulty trophies they added as extras.

I hope you get a chance to play Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle, those were both blasts to play through. Really fun and funny games. I'll pick up Sleeping Dogs at some point, my backlog is already massive though, so it's going to be a lower priority for me. Thanks for the lengthy comment, glad you liked so many of the platinum trophies I went for.

1L201f98.png

Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man

Platinum #86

I don't really have too much to say on this one. It's Pac-Man, it's a simple but fun little game. Definitely worth picking up, if you really love retro games. Prepare to save and load a lot to your online storage, if you want to plat this game though. Those Om Nom Nom trophies got kind of annoying =/

There's just one problem. I have crap internet.

I have yet to do any multiplayer on the PS4. Multiplayer on the PS3 was pretty okay for me as long as I wasn't on during 5 - 8 pm, in which I would get booted due to living in an oversubscribed area. Sucks big time. You have no idea how bad our broadband situation is over here in the States.

My only concern is the first inFamous game doesn't track the blast shards, and there are a couple stunts you need to do which are best done sometime during the story, otherwise you may have to backtrack.

I don't know how Cole fares as a character but I've heard he's better than Delsin.

Uncharted 2 and 3 were a ton of fun. Brutal difficulty IS DOABLE but you will probably die hundreds of times.

Point and click and adventure games in general seems to have made a comeback on modern systems in the past two or three years. The Secret of Monkey Island was released way back in 1990 and it's available via PSN on the PS3, and you can even switch over to old school graphics which Day of the Tentacle also does.

The other big company back then was Sierra, which was somewhat infamous for making adventure games that could lead to a point of no return, and dozens of ways to get killed which LucasArts rarely, if ever, had a character actually die. I would absolutely love if Leisure Suit Larry found it's way on the PS4.

Sleeping Dogs is definitely worth buying, but I would recommend the Definitive Edition for the PS4 since it has all the DLC including two stories you can play and earn trophies. There's even a tournament mode. If you enjoyed Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan you'll enjoy Sleeping Dogs.

I was never good at Pac-Man. Someday, but I already got a big backlog.

• 2 weeks later...

1L4b3c76.png

Killzone 2

Platinum #87

Earned on 26/10/2016

I enjoyed Killzone 2. It's been a bit of a tough road, especially playing through the whole game again on elite difficulty. But I finally did it, I beat Killzone 2, earning my third Ultra-Rare platinum this year. Overall I enjoyed Killzone 2, but I do have some gripes. I particularly dislike the character Rico. The guy is way too angry and macho aggressive. He's always losing his temper, and he's definitely the last guy I would bring to apprehend Visari near the end of the game. I see why Colonel Radec got chosen as a playable character in playstation All-Stars, over protagonist Sev or his marine buddies. Radec's got invisibility, teleportation, lethal knife and gun skills, great leadership skills and discipline, the guy was ideal for a fighting game. ^^ 

Edited by James_Tonto
  • Like 2

1L39b276.png

Saints Row: The Third

Platinum #88

Earned on 29/10/2016

The third in the series and quite the ride to the platinum. This was one of those games I loved, took a break from and came back to finish later on. After playing this game, I'm quite eager to see what Saints Row 4 has to offer. ^_^ This game is really wacky and insane at times, but it's got fun gameplay, plenty of memberable characters, like Oleg, Pierce, Shaundi, Kinzie etc. And so many activities to try and finish. One thing to watch out for is Survival side-tasks. They're optional, but I recommend going to every one, hopefully you'll beat 25 fairly quick, and not end up like me, sitting around and waiting for them to happen at the end of the game, after I finished everything else.

Edited by James_Tonto

1Ld1830e.png

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Platinum #89

Earned on 30/10/2016

I didn't expect to beat this game so quickly. But I had a fantastic time playing this game. I am very, very eager to play Sly 2: Band of Thieves now. Approaching my 90th platinum now though, just got to decide which game I should choose for this particular milestone platinum. 

Edited by James_Tonto

1L4b3c76.png

Killzone 2

Platinum #87

Earned on 26/10/2016

I enjoyed Killzone 2. It's been a bit of a tough road, especially playing through the whole game again on elite difficulty. But I finally did it, I beat Killzone 2, earning my third Ultra-Rare platinum this year. Overall I enjoyed Killzone 2, but I do have some gripes. I particularly dislike the character Rico. The guy is way too angry and macho aggressive. He's always losing his temper, and he's definitely the last guy I would bring to apprehend Visari near the end of the game. I see why Colonel Radec got chosen as a playable character in playstation All-Stars, over protagonist Sev or his marine buddies. Radec's got invisibility, teleportation, lethal knife and gun skills, great leadership skills and discipline, the guy was ideal for a fighting game. ^^ 

Congratulations on your achievement James, Killzone 2 is sure difficult game and having a plat deserves a credit for it. I am now struggling with CoD MW remastered and I can tell you it is every bit difficult as Killzone 2, only kinda cheap-death difficult if you get my meaning. :P

• 1 month later...

1L4080dc.png

Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Platinum # 90

1L8dfed1.png

Psychonauts

Platinum #91

1L14aa79.png

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

Platinum #92

Bit of a belated update, but here are my three latest platinum trophies. All PS2 classics, ported or upped to HD for the PS3/PS4. With Sly 3 finished, the main part of the Sly 3 trilogy is complete, excluding the mini games. And Psychonauts is another fine game, from Double Fine productions. Psychonauts is practically begging for a sequel, what with its cast of awesome characters, fun variety in powers/abilities and the human brain literally allowing for all kinds of creative and wacky worlds/levels to explore. I only hope Psychonauts 2 will be a reality someday.

Sly 2 and 3 were both great games, Sly 2 surprised me by partly continuing Sly 1's story. Specifically by dealing with Clockwerk in a more permanent manner. Since his body managed to survive inside a volcano, his parts were all gathered up to be used by other rouges, in their schemes. It's essentially a scavenger hunt to find and put a permanent end to Clockwerk. Sly 3 begins a wholly new tale, picking up from Sly 2 and the consequences of the events of that game. Sly now having to assemble his own larger crew/gang to break into a fortified island, to claim the contents of his family's fortune. I really liked Sly 3, especially how it gives us old AND new characters. Like the return of Muggshott and Panda King from Sly 1, or Dimitri from Sly 2. And of course the newer characters, such as Octavio, LeFwee and Dr. M. I definitely recommend the Sly trilogy, if you get the chance, to play them, they are well worth the price.

My checklist is a bit of a mess atm, so I'll be trying to fix it up, before adding Sly 3 and my thoughts on it, to the checklist.

Edt: Okay! I think I fixed 99% of all the minor little hiccups. I did have to delete the whole section about favourite trophies for Falout: New Vegas, but I can always re-do it

Edited by James_Tonto
Spelling error

1L9a244d.png

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - Game of the Year Edition

Platinum #93

Well I can happily say, this was an enjoyable experience. Shadow of Mordor is an excellent title, definitely one of the best games, I've played this year. I'd really recommend this game, to anyone that wants to just have a good time. It's trophy set isn't too challenging and it's a blast to play through. The last two bosses of the game, really leave something to be desired though. They were pushovers, compared to a lot of the uruk's and the Hammer of Sauron.

Good to see you still going strong, my friend! Looks like you definitely had a good year!

I'm thinking of doing a checklist here as well. I just don't know how many posts I should "reserve" for this. You know me better than most here, so you know how... long-winded I can get. Any thoughts?

4 hours ago, Icebrand1270 said:

Good to see you still going strong, my friend! Looks like you definitely had a good year!

I'm thinking of doing a checklist here as well. I just don't know how many posts I should "reserve" for this. You know me better than most here, so you know how... long-winded I can get. Any thoughts?

Thanks Icebrand. Yeah I've had a pretty busy year, surprised I actually managed to squeeze any time in for games at all, now I look back on the year. But I might just manage to make one last trophy goal, this year. Either hitting 30 platinums or at least completing God of War III before 2016. I'm currently at 27 platinums.

As for your own future checklist of awesomeness? I'd recommend reserving 2-3 posts. Maybe more. Post your first 100 games on post 1, then on post 2 you could reserve it for the next 100 platinum trophies and post 3 you could keep for any non platinum games, you might have played. Like Daytona USA. 

1Lc40d9d.png

Color Guardians

Platinum #94

Pretty fun and easy game to complete and platinum. My only gripe is with the final boss trophy, where you have to finish the whole level, without dying. That was really annoying trophy. Besides that though, I had a good time. 

Edited by James_Tonto

On Thursday, December 22, 2016 at 2:18 PM, James_Tonto said:

1Lc40d9d.png

Color Guardians

Platinum #94

Pretty fun and easy game to complete and platinum. My only gripe is with the final boss trophy, where you have to finish the whole level, without dying. That was really annoying trophy. Besides that though, I had a good time. 

Wow James it's a long time stop in :( 

You have nice list off platinums and all most at your 100 platinum B) Do you know what your 100 platinum Wil be?

And Merry Christmas 

2 hours ago, Cassiopria said:

Wow James it's a long time stop in :( 

You have nice list off platinums and all most at your 100 platinum B) Do you know what your 100 platinum Wil be?

And Merry Christmas 

Merry Christmas to you too ^w^. Yeah I'm approaching that wonderful, long-awaited 100th platinum. There are three games I would like to make, as my next milestone platinum. They are, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Demon's Souls and XCOM: Enemy Within. 

1L3e5181.png

Strider

Platinum #95

My 29th platinum this year, and my 95th overall. Another game crossed off my backlog, and added to the Trophy Room. Strider is a very fun and simple sidescroller. It's a solid gaming experience, if a bit short, even with all the boss battles. Nothing is too difficult, and the game is fair, most of the time. The Hard difficulty can be tricky, but it never feels, too unfair.

• Like 1