Tonto's Trophy Room

James_Tonto

1Le9ad81.png

Bayonetta

Platinum #144

My 144th platinum trophy and the first platinum of march. This game was challenging but not the toughest game I've ever tackled. Still, I plan to wait a good while to pick up the PS4 version of the game, I'll take a small break from platinum games titles. Before I try to beat any more of them.

1L65de22.png

Monkey King: Hero is Back

Platinum #145

My 145th platinum trophy and also one of the easiest licensed games I've ever played. I didn't even know this was a game based on a movie until I was already playing it. Game was pretty fun and easy, easier actually than I was expecting. This is relatively short, only took me two days to complete.

• 6 months later...

1L047aca.png

Blasphemous

Platinum #146

Had a blast with this one. I adore this game, the imagery, boss/character and level design. The lore/wordlbuilding and just the game as a whole package. I picked this game up 2 years after I first played it and the changes have been positive. Especially the new added content. With Blasphemous finally completed, I'm one step closer to 150 platinums now.

Edited by James_Tonto

• 2 weeks later...

1L91f1dc.png

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell

Platinum #147

Had a good time with this game, it thankfully didn't crash as often as the previous game, only 4 times. Playing this game is like playing one of those smaller games that help expand the universe of a Franchise, like inFAMOUS: First Light. Took me 20 in-game hours to beat.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

1Ld0bfbe.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Plat #148

Another game ticked off my backlog, 148 and one game closer to Platinum #150. Overall I had a pretty good time with this game, but it was definitely lacking in places, especially compared to Asylum and City. Definitely worth playing if you enjoyed the previous two games.

• Like 2

1L0dd37a.png

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Platinum #149

I knew I'd beat this one in about a day, I beat it last year on Steam so I knew were 'mostly' everything I needed to do, could be found. Good, short game overall. Definitely a one playthrough title, what it offers is very unique and worth experiencing for yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

1La2b8a7.png

Carrion

Platinum #151

I didn't expect to earn my 151st platinum so quickly, like I knew Carrion was a bit short, but not this short. I had a fun time though, so I am happy to recommend it. It's worth playing, just to be the big scary monster hunting the humans we see in a lot of horror films. Such as The Blob or The Thing. Although you're more vulnerable than those horror icons, this is a good game for Spooktober.

• Like 2

1La98461.png

Concrete Genie

Platinum #152

I didn't expect this game to be such a breeze, excluding the second playthrough due to a single trophy bugging out. And the inability to just skip past cutscenes is annoying, but the worst of my gripes. Can't complain too harshly for a game I got on PS Plus as part of my monthly games though.

• Like 1

1L7a3866.png

Indivisible

Platinum #153

Just managed to squeeze one last platinum out of October, had mostly a good time completing Indivisble. I am skipping Razmi's challenges, I wasn't having fun with them and I do not have the patience to devote myself to mastering the platforming tricks to beat this DLC pack. I'm probably exaggerating here, but it felt like I was trying to do those Kaizo mario levels, where perfect timing is critical.

I just read one of your recent comments in Cassy's thread and I wanted to drop a rep point on it, but I'm all out, so unfortunately I couldn't just do that and slink away, so I thought I'd just drop you a comment here instead.

I know you probably aren't, but I just wanted to say, don't feel like something like 300 platinums is ever out of sight for you - I agree with what you said too, about it being pretty refreshing seeing someone just playing things that they want to.

That definitely helps - I also, only play things that I have a desire to play, that way at least you are always fairly motivated.

You've got plenty of awesome games done already, so by the time you do march to 300, you'll have had a boatload more awesome experiences. I can't promise it won't take a while though xD...... It took me close to ten years to reach 300.

I enjoyed reading your summaries of some of your recent games too, I keep looking at Concrete Genie, and then nopeing out because I don't have VR and if I did I'd probably end up painting the walls with my insides, as VR makes me want to chuck up. I might just get it played though, what's a couple more unearned trophies going to hurt.

Keep on playing the games you want to play, and I'm sure it won't feel like a remotely long journey to whatever milestones you might want to get to.

• 1 month later...
On 01/11/2021 at 6:12 PM, rjkclarke said:

I just read one of your recent comments in Cassy's thread and I wanted to drop a rep point on it, but I'm all out, so unfortunately I couldn't just do that and slink away, so I thought I'd just drop you a comment here instead.

I know you probably aren't, but I just wanted to say, don't feel like something like 300 platinums is ever out of sight for you - I agree with what you said too, about it being pretty refreshing seeing someone just playing things that they want to.

That definitely helps - I also, only play things that I have a desire to play, that way at least you are always fairly motivated.

You've got plenty of awesome games done already, so by the time you do march to 300, you'll have had a boatload more awesome experiences. I can't promise it won't take a while though xD...... It took me close to ten years to reach 300.

I enjoyed reading your summaries of some of your recent games too, I keep looking at Concrete Genie, and then nopeing out because I don't have VR and if I did I'd probably end up painting the walls with my insides, as VR makes me want to chuck up. I might just get it played though, what's a couple more unearned trophies going to hurt.

Keep on playing the games you want to play, and I'm sure it won't feel like a remotely long journey to whatever milestones you might want to get to.

Hey thanks for your kind words, it's a bit of a bummer about needing VR to finish up those last few trophies in Concrete Genie, reminds me of when I needed a PS Eye for that one Burnout Paradise Trophy back on PS3. I am trying to play more games just for the enjoyment factor though that's not to say a boss battle or game section isn't going to make me angry or irritated. Also glad you like my summaries of the games I play. I try to write them out as soon as I finish the games, so that everything is still fresh in my mind.

1Lc91642.png

A Plague Tale: Innocence

Plat #154

Not much trophy progress in November sadly, RDR2 is one of those games that just gobbles up hours. Took a break from that to play this little gem of a game. This was a great game, it executes its mechanics well, tells its story nicely and designed its world perfectly. One minute you're by a nice little creek with some trees and grass, and then you go over a ridge and just see acres of dead bodies on a vast battlefield. The ever-looming threat of the plague-filled rats is great at keeping you on your toes, along with the well-armed Inquisition hunting you down. Would definitely recommend this game, especially if you enjoy more story-driven games.

• Like 2

1Ld60d44.png

OK K.O Let's Play Heroes

Platinum #155

This is one of those rare games based on a show that is actually pretty good, this isn't going to make it on a top-10 licensed games list, but it's definitely worth playing. Especially if you are familiar with the source material. Or just need a smaller game to play and complete, inbetween much bigger titles and open-world games. This is another of those games I grabbed on PS Plus and forgot about, until I saw it while scrolling through my PSN library.

Edited by James_Tonto
Spelling correction

1Lda6ce1.png

Seasons After Fall

Platinum #156

Another quick but fun game to play, a lovely little story with platforming and a Forest to explore with secrets to reveal. If you're looking for a nice relaxing fun game, I'd definitely recommend Seasons After Fall. It's short but definitely a memorable experience that makes you feel very small in a very big world. But without threatening the player character with obvious big threatening enemies.

Edited by James_Tonto
  • Like 2

On 18/12/2021 at 0:26 AM, James_Tonto said:

1Lda6ce1.png

Seasons After Fall

Platinum #156

Another quick but fun game to play, a lovely little story with platforming and a Forest to explore with secrets to reveal. If you're looking for a nice relaxing fun game, I'd definitely recommend Seasons After Fall. It's short but definitel a memorable experience that makes you feel very small in a very big world. But without threatening the player character with obvious big threatening enemies.

Nice work man - great little game that one!

Certainly lovely to look at, and the season-flipping mechanic is a really cool one - it's pretty special how they made the environments look so good, in all 4 different versions, each seeming totally natural as levels with all 4 'filters'!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/12/2021 at 9:07 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Nice work man - great little game that one!

Certainly lovely to look at, and the season-flipping mechanic is a really cool one - it's pretty special how they made the environments look so good, in all 4 different versions, each seeming totally natural as levels with all 4 'filters'!

Yeah Seasons After Fall is definitely a pretty little game, it's got that unique watercolour look that is going to age well.

And now for my 2021 summary.

GeyElKY.png

Spoiler

Deadpool (PS4) Earned on 23/01/2021

Tornado Outbreak Earned on 28/01/2021

Batman Return to Arkham: Arkham Asylum Earned on 30/01/2021

Batman Return to Arkham: Arkham City Earned on 09/02/2021

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Earned on 17/02/2021

Bayonetta Earned on 02/03/2021

Monkey King: Hero is Back Earned on 04/03/2021

Blasphemous Earned on 09/09/2021

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell Earned on 17/09/2021

Batman: Arkham Knight Earned on 10/10/2021

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Earned on 15/10/2021

Alan Wake Remastered Earned on 26/10/2021

Carrion Earned on 27/10/2021

Concrete Genie Earned on 28/10/2021

Indivisible Earned on 31/10/2021

A Plague Tale: Innocence Earned on 09/12/2021

OK K.O Let's Play Heroes Earned on 16/12/2021

Seasons After Fall Earned on 18/12/2021

18 Games for 2021, just two short of my 20 platinum goal. 15 on PS4 and 3 on PS3. Honestly not a bad year. I'm aiming to platinum Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order as my first Platinum of 2022 and follow that up with Nier and Lollipop Chainsaw. Then hopefully The Outer Worlds, Singularity, The Saboteur and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2. Mainly I just want to take it easy again and have fun completing my games.

• Like 2

1Lcdeb39.png

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Platinum #157

Well I promised myself I'd make this my first platinum of 2022. I had a good time overall with this game and wouldn't mind seeing a sequel someday. It catches that Star Wars aesthetic perfectly and adds nicely to the universe. I definitely recommend the game, it's a great story in a Galaxy Far Far Away.

Edited by James_Tonto

On 04/01/2022 at 2:11 AM, James_Tonto said:

Then hopefully The Outer Worlds, Singularity, The Saboteur and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2. Mainly I just want to take it easy again and have fun completing my games.

I had a lot of fun playing The Saboteur years ago.  Definitely gets a bit grindy when you are trying to clear out all the collectibles, but it was always enjoyable.

And I loved that it has a difficulty mode entitled "Feckin' Hard"! ?

On 10/01/2022 at 4:16 AM, StewartBros said:

I had a lot of fun playing The Saboteur years ago.  Definitely gets a bit grindy when you are trying to clear out all the collectibles, but it was always enjoyable.

And I loved that it has a difficulty mode entitled "Feckin' Hard"! ?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was the grinding that made me want to take a break, that and I was struggling a bit with finding and stealing one of those tanks. I'll hopefully complete it this year.

1L86743a.png

Untitled Goose Game

Plat #158

Another game ticked off my extremely long checklist, a step closer to hitting Platinums #175 and 200. Playing as a mean and petty goose pestering the people of a little British village is a surprisingly good time. A bit short but worth the £7 I paid to play it.

Edited by James_Tonto

• 2 weeks later...

1L702cfa.png

Lollipop Chainsaw

Platinum #159

This was a fun classic to throw myself into, it isn't perfect but I did have a pretty good time overall.

1L2687b6.png

Batman: The Enemy Within

Platinum #160

The continuation of Telltale's Batman games. I had a good time with this one. Though I feel I made more bad decisions than good ones in this game. I'll have to revisit both sometime in the future.

1L0bc48b.png

Gris

Platinum #161

Beautiful game with a unique art style and a story told without words, using visuals and the trophies to help explain this game is about the five stages of grief.

1L9b67f1.png

Gun Crazy

Platinum #162

I took a peek at the trophy list online and decided to give it a whirl. Had no idea I would earn the platinum trophy so quickly. This game is now my fastest platinum and was pretty fun to earn, worth a quick playthrough if you like arcade side-scrolling games.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

1L832c51.png
Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time

Platinum #163

I needed a bit of a break before coming back to finish off this one. My little tip for this game? Farm the Reaper Kama's from the beetle drones when you can, they are incredibly useful and made my run through of Masters of Masters difficulty a much more pleasant experience.

• 2 weeks later...