Cutting Edge Trophy

Didn't really have any issues with it, just be aware that you can't use finishers (the R2 prompt when they fall, even though you are technically using the knife), and you can't do the kicks when they are stunned obviously. The spinning blade machine IS okay to use to the kill the infected. Other than that it can be done in around 40 mins no problem. Popped first time for me.

Nope. Didn't really have any issues with it. I got the trophy in my first attempt. It's not really glitchy, just be careful of what you use. Don't use Moira's flashlight and wrench against enemies and same goes for Natalia's bricks. Try not to do physical attacks either, just don't use anything but your knife. As simple as that. :3

EDIT: 

And don't even try swinging Moira's wrench coz it might void the trophy too, don't use it against breaking boxes or whatsoever. Same thing for Natalia's bricks but it can be used to open the gate later on the episode.

Edited by CaTofWaRxMiKu04

• 1 month later...

I read in another forum the PS3 version might be glitched. It seems it would unlock if upon completing Claire's scenario, you quit to the main menu and then select Barry's scenario instead of select continue. But by now Capcom should have fixed it, no? It's been a while since a played Revelations 2.

• 5 months later...

This was weird for me.

With Claire,I accidently made a follow up,than make a knife only run with Barry,succesfully. Than,with chapter select,went back to the first chapter,made it,and the trophy popped up. So you dont even need to do that in correct order,just finish both scenario once with the knife.

Edited by grassware

I had to play the episode 1 two times on Casual because trophy didn't pop up on my first play-though. Do not let Moira use the light on enemies, swing with the crowbar in an air but you can open the barred doors, and never let any enemies attack on AI. If you messed it up, you CAN restart a checkpoint. it worked for me. Always make sure AI does nothing in Claire and Barry's campaign. Do not use the flamethrower and stealth kill. Use brick to break a lock is okay. ya, just run as fast as you can in whole episode one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

OK, I just got this trophy and here are 3 important things I can confirm since there are so many incorrect guides around the internet about this trophy, especially no 1:

1. If AI partner Moira/Natalia use crowbar/brick to attack enemy, you can still get the trophy. So dont be misguided by many guides or comments that tell you that AI partner cannot use crowbar/brick. It is not true and I can verify it 100%.

2. You can control Natalia to break lock/box using brick, as long as you dont use brick to attack enemy.

3. If you try to get this trophy with Claire part first, make sure you choose quit instead of continue after finishing Claire, then continue with Barry using Episode select.

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2017 at 6:33 AM, Shazarul1985 said:

OK, I just got this trophy and here are 3 important things I can confirm since there are so many incorrect guides around the internet about this trophy, especially no 1:

1. If AI partner Moira/Natalia use crowbar/brick to attack enemy, you can still get the trophy. So dont be misguided by many guides or comments that tell you that AI partner cannot use crowbar/brick. It is not true and I can verify it 100%.

2. You can control Natalia to break lock/box using brick, as long as you dont use brick to attack enemy.

3. If you try to get this trophy with Claire part first, make sure you choose quit instead of continue after finishing Claire, then continue with Barry using Episode select.

Your talking about the ps3 right not the ps4?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 16/2/2017 at 2:33 PM, Shazarul1985 said:

For other people having troubles with this trophy in PS3, I did as @Shazarul1985 said and have not problem at all.