Best path to Ninja?

Hi all,
I've jumped back in to the game and have decided that my 'main' class route will be pugilist -> Rogue -> Ninja. From what I've read, you can start as a rogue as soon as you have access to the guild but for Ninja you need a level 15 pugilist. That being said, should I get to level 15 then forget about pugilism or should I get to max level with pugilist before starting rogue? Rogue/Ninja seem A LOT more interesting to me but is there high level pugilist stuff I need or would be missing out on for not having?

In order to unlock Ninja at level 30 you'll need Pugilist at level 15. That said, Pugilist 3 most useful cross class abilities are Second Wind (lvl 8), Internal Release (lvl 12) and Mantra (lvl 42). However Mantra is more of a support type ability which isn't all that necessary for Ninja, but it is a good ability to have regardless.

You're also able to learn abilities from Lancer, like Blood for Blood (lvl 34) -which is a must have for DPS!  and Invigorate (lvl 22) another must have as you're not able to Goad yourself as a Ninja. All of the abilities above are useable both as Rogue and Ninja, so which ever route you decide to level first doesn't really matter, once you've got the goal in mind!

Hmm. In that case, I'm thinking of getting pugilist to level 15 and the duel leveling Lancer/rogue until levels 34/30 and the once I have blood for blood upgrade to ninja and level pugilist with levequest grinding. Sound like a decent plan? Also, is there any items/skills that decrease recast time? According to the interwebs the recast for blood for blood is 80seconds is that a problem in fights?

Nope, there's no way to lower recast. 80 seconds is fairly quick and unfortuneately the only classes that get to lower recast/increase potency are the classes that the ability is for (in this case Lancer for Blood for Blood)...If  you're using it as a cross class ability you don't get any extra traits. But it really isn't needed.

Fates are also a good option for leveling as well. Usually I'd say dungeons, which is the better option for leveling up until about 32ish, then fates for me was a lot quicker. Don't forget to do your dailies, low level roulettes and guildhest roulettes as well.

Hmm. In that case, I'm thinking of getting pugilist to level 15 and the duel leveling Lancer/rogue until levels 34/30 and the once I have blood for blood upgrade to ninja and level pugilist with levequest grinding. Sound like a decent plan? Also, is there any items/skills that decrease recast time? According to the interwebs the recast for blood for blood is 80seconds is that a problem in fights?

No, these are called Cool Downs, you'll have a opening in your combo.  You'll use all your cool downs in this (as a DPS), to max your damage when you start.  Then you'll go into using the cooldowns when you see them available for use again.  I'll put my DRG combo down, Ninja is probably the same kind of idea.. you'll have to look up the rotation.  But you'll also only really worry about the full one when you are Lv. 50 and doing in-game content where good DPS is very important.

Internal Release (cool down/buff) > Heavy Thrust > Power Surge (cool down/buff for jumps) > Impulse Drive > Blood For Blood (cool down, buff) > Disembowel > Jump (cool down) > Chaos Thrust > Dragonfire Dive (cool down) > Phlebotomize > Spineshatter Dive (cool down) > True Thrust > Leg Sweep (cool down) > Vorpal Thrust > Life Surge (cool down, buff) > Full Thrust

That's my main opener, then I would go to this:  (not using full names, they already been mentioned)

HT > ID > Dis > CT > TT > VT > FT > HT > Thrust Combo x2.

Then I go back to my opener and use whatever cooldowns are available.  I guess anyone who's a Dragoon will find this handy.  With this combo, I get about 480-500 DPS from someone I knew who used a parser to be able to tell these things.  This is without food.  I think 509 is my average on a training dummy with this combo (no food, no echo, no tank buff)

• Like 1