Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DamagingRob

Should I just start a 2nd playthrough? M4 issues..

8 posts in this topic

Finished Professional Mode today, and have just spent over an hour trying to get the M4(didn't get 5 Silent Assassin ranks in a row, so I'm trying to do it the hard way..). Can you do the same mission 5 times in a row, to get it? If not, how much easier and quicker is a Normal Mode run? Some of those levels were down right brutal on Professional. Not really looking forward to doing them a second time, if Normal doesn't make the game significantly easier..

Finished Professional Mode today, and have just spent over an hour trying to get the M4(didn't get 5 Silent Assassin ranks in a row, so I'm trying to do it the hard way..). Can you do the same mission 5 times in a row, to get it? If not, how much easier and quicker is a Normal Mode run? Some of those levels were down right brutal on Professional. Not really looking forward to doing them a second time, if Normal doesn't make the game significantly easier..

Im pretty sure you can do the same mission 5 times in a row for 5 silent assassins as long as you save after each one. I had the same problem with M4 and it was much easier on normal to speed through as i was familiar with the missions.

In my opinion I just speed ran the entire game again, because I had the same issues. The levels are familiar and thus you can do most missions within 15 minutes. It only took me a dedicated day to run through the game again. 

This could help (if you need ^^):

And this for the M4:

Edited by Deadly_Silent-Xx

Im pretty sure you can do the same mission 5 times in a row for 5 silent assassins as long as you save after each one. I had the same problem with M4 and it was much easier on normal to speed through as i was familiar with the missions.

In my opinion I just speed ran the entire game again, because I had the same issues. The levels are familiar and thus you can do most missions within 15 minutes. It only took me a dedicated day to run through the game again. 

I might just do that, then. I'd probably be a quarter of the way there by now, had I not wasted all that time trying to get the M4. And I've got some other weapon trophies and the 47 kills one to do, as well. All probably much easier to accomplish on Normal. Thanks, for the replies. :)

This could help (if you need ^^): 

And this for the M4: 

I actually used his vids the whole way. First 4 levels were relatively easy for me to Silent Assassin; just couldn't seem to get through the 5th without messing up somewhere, so I moved on thinking I could maybe string 5 of the other 15 in succession. Nope..

And I watched that M4 vid, too. My problem is getting to that point. ^^' Only managed to clear all the enemies out twice in probably 10+ attempts. First time, I got shot dead immediately after sniping the target from the roof of the building I was on. Second time, I failed the mission after shooting one of the guys holding the weapons(didn't know that would result in a mission failure :/).

Obviously, I haven't tried what he did since I was following the other method, that shows how to get to the point his video starts at. But considering I'd have to successfully kill all those guys again to try it and kill everyone in another mission for the 47 kills trophy, it might be better for me to just do a Normal speed run. Trying to be Rambo on Professional difficulty seems to be ending very badly for me..

Edit: Wasn't his, actually. The ones I used were from the trophy guide at playstationtrophies.org.

Edited by DamagingRob

Actually you should play on an easy difficulty to get the M4 there (much easier ^^) and do you know that theres a glitch where you can unlock all levels on Professionell, if you played on normal before?

PS: I just played the Anathema mission 5 times for the silent assassin trophy on professional x)

Edited by Deadly_Silent-Xx

I have always opted for a two-playthrough run with this trilogy.  I find it much easier to start with normal difficulty and knock out the weapon and misc trophies first, which is obviously much easier to tackle (meaning less reloads, less restarts, less headaches)... and then play a second playthrough on Pro.  With Hitman 2, we can replay the first mission five times then just finish the game without any care of doing stealth this time.  You would only probably add 25% more of game time which isn't a lot.

So anyone deciding to tackle the trilogy?  Go for two rounds instead of a single run but with time wasted on repeatedly restarting the game.