First picture of Jared Leto's Joker. Thoughts?

TheLiamK

The Joker is a very special type character.

He has a few special traits that are very difficult to be translated all at once on the big screen.

Cesar Romero was actually more like a clown.

Jack Nicholson was more of a gangster.

Heath Ledger was more of an anarchist.

Of course they all had similiar traits

The new Jared Leto's Joker feels like none of the above.

It feels fresh which is really pleasant.

• Like 1

at first glance... he looks stupid. Really? Damaged tattooed on your forehead? We get it, you're fucking nuts... but this kind of flashy comes off as trashy. Now, that's just a first impression. Not my full opinion on Jared's portrayal as the joker... The look could grow on me, I'll reserve my full opinion other than the knee jerk reaction that comes from just looking at the picture, for when the movie comes out. 

Hmm, I dont exactly hate the picture, but it doesnt really catch me either. I'll wait to see pictures with a suit on to give my full judgement.Though the tattoos are one thing... I never imagened Joker as the tattoo kind of guy. I dont really recognize this actor either, dont think I've seen any of his films yet. We'll see.

As for Leto, i dob't think I've seen him in a movie yet, so no opinions on him.

I've never seen Leto in a movie before

go see Requiem for a Dream now

Go watch Requiem for a Dream. Now, please.

I can't believe Fight Club wasn't the first suggestion. It's a movie every single person should see! I understand why Requiem for a Dream was suggested to show his acting chops, and absolutely agree.

Please, please people. Go watch Fight Club.

Edited by DaivRules

I can't believe Fight Club wasn't the first suggestion. It's a movie every single person should see! I understand why Requiem for a Dream was suggested to show his acting chops, and absolutely agree.

The reason that no one suggested it is because

YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB.

• Like 1

Well that is because he is a bit character in Fight Club vs the Main character in Requiem. That would be like saying "watch Platoon if you want to see Johnny Depp".

I agree though, go watch Fight Club as well :)

• 10 months later...

While I'm not much of a fan of Batman.. I don't really like this Joker design.  I really love tattoos etc, but they weren't in the Joker's original design.  Jared will probably be a decent Joker though despite the fact someone on the team decided to go a bit wild with his design (to me if the Joker had any body modifications - besides his scarred mouth - that it would be scarifications).

I have to admit I'm not particularly fussed about the Suicide Squad movie.  I'll probably watch it eventually, but I can wait until it shows on TV.  I'm also not really a fan of Leto's Joker, but I can keep an open mind about these things.  First impressions, though, are not winning me over.