Bosses trophies should be solo only

JimmyRSX

Seems rather pointless. I myself do prefer playing offline, I have done so for both Dark Souls and Bloodbourne while beating every boss. That being said I have a lot of friends who love the series as a co-op game; having tried it earlier solo and quitting early on. Removing trophies  for online co-op would only further remove the motivation to continue for a lot of these friends.

Meh - i did the game solo, but i dont feel the need to be swinging my e-peen around on the forums whining that games are too easy - the game is hard regardless of cooping or not.

In the face of the many many easy platinums out there im not gonna look down onsomeone getting the Bloodborne plat by cooping some bosses - no one is getting through that game with ease - the game design sees to that.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Just like you tried ringing the bell at an area no one could be found, I tried ringing the small resonant bell at lot of areas which i thought someone would need my help. When I found that, people are getting the bosses easily, I started going to other areas, like the boss fight with Martyr Logarius and Bingo, every time I ring a bell I find someone to co-op with. Everyone wants to play, its just that when you don't find anyone, you get frustrated and move on to other more tough areas of the game.

• Like 1

The stupidity - as always - is strong in this thread. I fully agree with OP to be honest. But as expected, you will have people probably calling you elitest in some form and sharing their hurt feelings that they are people too. While I cleared the game completely solo and saw a friend of mine do it co op on a stream it almost felt worse watching that than dying to that electric beast boss who's name I have forgotten. It was so cheap, it was so easy. For me, trophies do hold some merit. This entire website is dedicated to it and shows you the rarity of trophies. Bloodborne had over 20% succesrate for the platinum. This is due to two reasons:

1. The blood vessel glitch where you could get millions in minutes

2. Co op play.

While I have nothing against people who play together to have a better experience, they should not receive a trophy. It defeats the whole purpose of this game, namely that it is challenging. Not only that, Bloodborne isn't even that difficult to begin with. Sure, I struggled, but to call it difficult beyond solo clearance to me is a sign that you do not deserve trophies for bosses you didn't clear on your own.
I mean, I am not a trophy whore. I just started playing PS again and got the platinum for MGS4 to prepare a little bit for MGS5. It wasn't easy, but I am glad I could do it. Now the rarity numbers reflect the true amount of players who dedicated themselves through 8 playthroughs, Big Boss rank and the chicken emblem.

You don't have that with Bloodborne. A game which numbers should truly reflect dediction now reflected people who abused the blood vessel glitch and played co op. I am sorry to burst some of you people's bubble. But doing it with two people greatly reduces your skill needed and therefore you should not be given the award a trophy saying you killed it.

• Like 1