Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed trailer unveiled

Sega’s gone live with Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed, an arcade racing title which features boats, cars and planes. Details, including a reveal trailer can be quenched below the break.

The game’s being developed by Sumo Digital, the developer which made the original Sonic & All-Stars Racing, with much help coming from former Bizarre Creations design manager Gareth Wilson.

It should release “late 2012″, according to Sega, and will include characters such as Sonic, Dr Eggman, AiAi, Vyse from Skies of Arcadia and Gilius Thunderhead from Golden Axe.

I would like to point out that a large number of Bizarre Creations staff members moved to Sumo Digital with Gareth when they closed down, so expect this game to play and feel a lot like Blur or Project Gotham Racing.

I am also a little confused why they used a song by Nero in the trailer as dubstep isn't normally something I would associate with Sonic; here's hoping they don't include any in the game, eh?

Source: GamesThirst

This generation version of Diddy Kong Racing? I hope so, I was always a fan of Diddy Kong Racing over Mario Kart so this could set itself apart from the other Kart racers and become something great. It needs 4 player local co-op though.

Parker

• Like 1