P.T to be taken off ps store this week

Mcbeanstr

Konami posted the following warning:

The distribution period of "P.T. (Playable Teaser)" on PlayStation Store will expire on Wednesday, April 29, 2015.

Read more here: http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/25/8498359/silent-hills-teaser-p-t-playstation-store-konami

I am so disappointed by this news it doesn't bode well for Silent HIlls

• Like 1

Konami posted the following warning:

Read more here: http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/25/8498359/silent-hills-teaser-p-t-playstation-store-konami

I am so disappointed by this news it doesn't bode well for Silent HIlls

Thanks for posting bro:

gb store link:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/pt-demo/cid=EP4511-CUSA01114_00-PPPPPPPPTTTTTTTT

us store link:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/pt/cid=UP4511-CUSA01127_00-PPPPPPPPTTTTTTTT

download it while you still can

EDIT: i dunno why the link is doing that copy and paste it.

Edited by Superbuu3

:angry:  screw Konami

I know it sucks. The FOX engine and Kojima Productions while made by Kojima are still products of Konami. If the game was in early beta, no money would be lost considering there wasn't a playable build. Konami messed up big time, the creator of Silent Hills doesn't work with them anymore and considering they lost Kojima, it could only go downhill from here now. Also there was speculation that SH was also cancelled because it was going to be a single platform exclusive rather than multi-plat (could be true).

I know it sucks. The FOX engine and Kojima Productions while made by Kojima are still products of Konami. If the game was in early beta, no money would be lost considering there wasn't a playable build. Konami messed up big time, the creator of Silent Hills doesn't work with them anymore and considering they lost Kojima, it could only go downhill from here now. Also there was speculation that SH was also cancelled because it was going to be a single platform exclusive rather than multi-plat (could be true).

There's no real reason why Kojima couldn't be picked up by another studio to do the game he intended even if its not called Silent Hill.  This was an intended supposed to be a reboot anyway so this might not effect things as much as people think. Obviously i'm being very optimistic with that.

There's no real reason why Kojima couldn't be picked up by another studio to do the game he intended even if its not called Silent Hill.  This was an intended supposed to be a reboot anyway so this might not effect things as much as people think. Obviously i'm being very optimistic with that.

While Kojima could be picked up by any other studio, they would have to match the budget that Konami would have produced. You got to remember that Konami is sitting on the Yugioh franchise at the moment and have gotten cocky in the last few years. Konami like any other big Japanese developers want that multi-platform dream and even they know they got to get it right or don't try at all when money is involved. 

Anyway, Kojima probably has a surprise waiting for us.  The only problem is when is he going to reveal it to us?

Not everything Kojima touches turns into gold

People get excited about previews of game which show no game footage whatsoever i.e. Dead Island. I don't see any issues with people getting hyped with Kojima's idea of horror when what he presented so far was exactly what people wanted.

Maybe I'm just being the eternal optimist, but what're the chances that this is a good thing?  They made it pretty clear that P.T does not resemble any final product... and with the potential for more real details to be revealed about Silent Hills (trailers, release dates, gameplay, etc)... it might be in their best interest to no longer have this playable teaser freely available.  Could be indicative that they're ready to start showing something from the actual game.

People get excited about previews of game which show no game footage whatsoever i.e. Dead Island. I don't see any issues with people getting hyped with Kojima's idea of horror when what he presented so far was exactly what people wanted.

Dead Island was HEAVILY criticized for that stylistic preview and the gameplay not really reflecting it.  Gamers are quick to cry "false advertising" if they spend money on something they aren't 100% satisfied with.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn
  • Like 2

Dead Island was HEAVILY criticized for that stylistic preview and the gameplay not really reflecting it.  Gamers are quick to cry "false advertising" if they spend money on something they aren't 100% satisfied with.

I think you'll find gaming forums heavily criticised, that has little to anything to do with the general gaming community, more people are off the forums then on and even on the forums lots of people were still saying "yeah, but i'm going to buy it anyway", the game sold way more than it should so clearly the reveal worked.

Vocal minority are always louder and you see them more. I've seen thousands of threads about CoD being terrible and the same or Destiny being terrible (and yet those are the biggest selling franchises), so I'm hardly going to consider the forums general consensus. Even if they make valid points.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 2

so clearly the reveal worked

That seems like a bold claim... the same kind of claim as if I were to say that the game sold well because 4 player coop titles were all the rage back then with franchises like Borderlands and Left 4 Dead hitting it's stride and still fresh in everyones heads, and the game came out on the heels of this recent zombie craze ramping up (coinciding with "the show everyone can't stop talking about" The Walking Dead starting to air on television a year prior, and previously mentioned gangbuster releases like Left 4 Dead).

Konami got people's attention with P.T.  It wouldn't surprise me if they're just trying to cover their tracks now, knowing how the gaming community can be absolutely ravenous if the final product isn't what they are expecting.  It's just a theory anyways. xD

EDIT: And now I'm reading about the game being cancelled?  So maybe I'm just completely wrong lol.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

That seems like a bold claim... the same kind of claim as if I were to say that the game sold well because 4 player coop titles were all the rage back then with franchises like Borderlands and Left 4 Dead hitting it's stride and still fresh in everyones heads, and the game came out on the heels of this recent zombie craze ramping up (coinciding with "the show everyone can't stop talking about" The Walking Dead starting to air on television a year prior).

Konami got people's attention with P.T.  It wouldn't surprise me if they're just trying to cover their tracks now, knowing how the gaming community can be absolutely ravenous if the final product isn't what they are expecting.  It's just a theory anyways. xD

It is and I say it with 100% confidence.

Dead Island got mediocre reviews, was poorly received by pretty much everyone, most of its sales were due to preorders, based on that video alone. The sequel sold poorly, and didn't have a ridiculous advert. Oh and guess what Dead Island 2 garnered huge interest again by showing footage that had nothing to do with the final product.

So yeah I think I make a valid point. I'm gonna bet it sells well based on nothing, I'll be sure to PSN message you this quote when I'm proven right.

Oh and guess what Dead Island 2 garnered huge interest again by showing footage that had nothing to do with the final product.

I might give you an inch because, at the time, people were saying the Dead Island reveal was one of the greatest, most emotionally-charged teasers ever released.  I'm sure it did play into the sales to some extent... keeping in mind that your average gamer, the ones that don't spend time commenting on forums and aren't the "vocal minority" as you put it, likely don't follow close enough to watch teaser reveals (the people who pre-ordered being largely the ones crucifying Techland with false advertising allegations, to bring this full circle).

But if you're trying to tell me anyone cares about Dead Island 2 at this point because of that jogger video, you've lost some credibility.

EDIT: And just because this means something apparently... I say all of this with 100% confidence.  I look forward to PSN messaging you when I'm proven right.  Yeah.  xD

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

I might give you an inch because, at the time, people were saying the Dead Island reveal was one of the greatest, most emotionally-charged teasers ever released.  I'm sure it did play into the sales to some extent... keeping in mind that your average gamer, the ones that don't spend time commenting on forums and aren't the "vocal minority" as you put it, likely don't follow close enough to watch teaser reveals (the people who pre-ordered being largely the ones crucifying Techland with false advertising allegations, to bring this full circle).

But if you're trying to tell me anyone cares about Dead Island 2 at this point because of that jogger video, you've lost some credibility.

EDIT: And just because this means something apparently... I say all of this with 100% confidence.  I look forward to PSN messaging you when I'm proven right.  Yeah.  xD

Considering my point was about people not on forums, you wouldn't be able to tell that at all from forums. Vocal minority is certainly a thing though, so I don't get the apostrophes, DI sold over 5 million units and riptide was nowhere near that. You don't get those kinds of numbers off being a bad game (by the way I think everyone can agree the game was average, it had way too many bugs for any of it to be considered good). BTW that teaser reveal was on all the online shops for the preorder, so loads of people outside forums would've seen it. Again would've made the game look way better and people are constantly fooled by either PC footage or just prerendered footage for games. Average Joe does not understand hardware power and stuff, the Wii U kinda proved that when Nintendo needed to release info to tell people the diference between their consoles.

I'm glad we both agree that we'll try and do I told you so's on PSN, this is the beginning of an epic bromance.

Considering my point was about people not on forums, you wouldn't be able to tell that at all from forums. Vocal minority is certainly a thing though, so I don't get the apostrophes, DI sold over 5 million units and riptide was nowhere near that. You don't get those kinds of numbers off being a bad game (by the way I think everyone can agree the game was average, it had way too many bugs for any of it to be considered good).

I just don't understand why you think ALL of this was due to the reveal trailer.  The game was mediocre and buggy, but it was also a kind of game people were clamoring for before it came out.  Left 4 Dead with a purpose (and no exclusivity deals).  Borderlands with zombies and visceral melee combat.  No one knew how mediocre and buggy it was going to be until they popped the disc in.  Riptide on the other hand was a complete copy and paste job after the dust settled from Dead Islands sketchy reception... of course it didn't sell well.  I don't want to downplay the impact of the teaser completely, but c'mon.  You don't know what the silent majority were thinking when they preordered any more than I do.  Stop being so ridiculously confident.

And I used the "quotes" because I was quoting you verbatim.  Not as sarcasm.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

I just don't understand why you think ALL of this was due to the reveal trailer.  The game was mediocre and buggy, but it was also a kind of game people were clamoring for.  Left 4 Dead with a purpose.  Borderlands with zombies and visceral melee combat.  No one knew how mediocre and buggy it was going to be until they popped the disc in.  Riptide on the other hand was a complete copy and paste job after the dust settled from Dead Islands poor reception... of course it didn't sell well.  I don't want to downplay the impact of the teaser completely, but c'mon.

And I used the "quotes" because I was quoting you verbatim.  Not as sarcasm.

That would suggest preorders. There's a lot of games that promise things people wanted and they don't go on to sell as well.

Typically if you preorder a game you see something that makes you want to buy it. Again we're talking average consumer here not people who follow every bit of game news. They see something they like they preorder it and thats the end of it. It delivered on exactly the things you commented on those are pretty much the highest points of the game. If that was the case why did riptide sell poorly comparatively. I also know the game was represented normally outside that trailer it looked crap, so people would've known it was nothing like left for dead (from a gameplay standpoint, i mean thats an FPS), if these forum goers were the people who ended up buying the game, then they just talk crap and bought a game they trash talked, not really sure what else to say lol. I actually bought it myself when it was down to like £3. But Ilike to see things for myself.

If you don't think I have a point thats fine we proabbly should wrap this up we've deralied the topic.  You can PM me if you wanna further discuss this.

Edited by Superbuu3

It delivered on exactly the things you commented on those are pretty much the highest points of the game. If that was the case why did riptide sell poorly comparatively. I also know the game was represented normally outside that trailer it looked crap, so people would've known it was nothing like left for dead

The level scaling made it almost impossible to play with friends until they patched it, at which point I think the other bugs lost most of the people still hanging on.  And while it was "Left 4 Dead with a purpose"... it wasn't a particularly engaging purpose.  Too many "I lost my necklace" fetch quests, and too much open space distracting from the average story they were telling.  The short weapon durability if I recall was also a hotly contested feature at the time since it made that "visceral melee combat" too short lived for it's own good.

Riptide was more or less the exact same game released again at full price, even a well-received franchise wouldn't cope well with that.

And the fact that "outside the trailer it looked crap" is probably the most subjective thing I've heard so far, so yes... let's just cut our losses here.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Back on topic, according to Guillermo del Toro it's supposedly been cancelled. He was quoted on Twitter saying "It's not gonna happen and that breaks my greasy heart." Think we all saw this coming when the rumors first started up about Kojima and Konami.

Edited by MStalker58