"Silent Hills" officially canceled.

skateak

Titles do NOT need periods at the end of the sentence.

There's no verb, so it isn't even a sentence.

OT: They said in P.T.

The only me is me.

If that didn't confirm that P.T. was going to be the entire game, then I guess I'm seeing things that aren't really there.

Edited by theguytom

OH MY FUCK! GOD FUCKING DAMN IT. I literally screamed out loud and woke up my whole entire family when reacting to this announcement. I've never been this upset over the cancellation of a game. I WAS AFRAID THIS WAS GONNA HAPPEN. I didn't wanna believe it was gonna happen, but it finally did! :(

• Like 2

As a fan of Silent Hill, Kojima, Guillermo  del Toro and Norman Reedus, I was really looking forward to Silent hills, so this is pretty depressing news. I guess It isn't that surprising with the bs with Konami though.

I also feel bad for Guillermo del Toro, this is the second game that's fell through for him now. He does seem really passionate about it and I do hope that will see a something from him one day, as I'm sure he can bring some great ideas and concepts. 

• Like 1

this will probably be the saddest news this year for me as a gamer, Silent Hills was my most anticipated game from Konomi. Metal Gear Solid V is among my trinity for this year alongside Bloodborne and Witcher 3, but Silent Hills was higher up and it really saddens me.

Edited by Mah2c

OMG... I always wondered what was gonna happen with it, but it shows respect from Konami not trying to continue anyways because they know it was Kojima's vision. The irony is that he left because they wanted to milk MGS even more, not respecting Kojima's vision. If they weren't greedy bastiches people would enjoy both The Phantom Pain and Silent Hills.

I generally don't like horror games, but P.T had me invested 100%.  I spent hours in that little hallway... despite every instinct in me telling me life was a safer place if I turned the game off and curled into the fetal position in the corner of my living room with the lamp on at full brightness... because the atmosphere was just so perfect and I had to see what would happen the next time around.  That's not even to say Silent Hills would've hooked me like P.T did, but there were some seriously creative minds at work there.  Would've loved to see those same minds with a fresh, rebooted take on the Silent Hill franchise.

It's tough to take a tweet like that as an official cancellation, especially since it didn't even come from del Toro himself.  Just some beat reporter passing the word along, unless I'm missing something.  I'm curious to hear something official from Konami... but this on top of everything else that's been going on is pretty damning, if nothing else.

That's what your worried about? I'm a grammar Nazi at the best of times, but I think we've got a bigger problem that one full stop, bud.

It gets annoying after consecutive months of people trying to be overly correct and fail. It's not the first time I post that sentence, certainly won't be the last. :sigh:

Tehee, imagine dealing with that constantly on the guide team xD

I can only imagine the hell the guide team goes trough with some guides. :P

There's no verb, so it isn't even a sentence.

Trying to make yourself smarter got you in a bad situation, bud.

''Sillent Hills'' -> Subject

officially -> Adverb

canceled -> Past simple of the verb CANCEL.

• Like 2

Good decision on Konami's part, why made a game that could be bad and lost money over it? I just feel sad for del toro.

What the hell is wrong with the Industry nowadays!? So many bad Games get Sequel after Sequel and this gets cancelled? This was one of the few Games I was realy hyped for

Are those games actually bad or you just don't like them? If a game is technically bad then I can understand your problem if not, then I don't see why they shouldn't get sequel.

Edited by ZeroXOF

Trying to make yourself smarter got you in a bad situation, bud.

''Sillent Hills'' -> Subject

officially -> Adverb

canceled -> Past simple of the verb CANCEL.

Canceled is used as an adjective describing "Silent Hills". It is not a verb in the sentence fragment that is the title. The verb cancel is a transitive verb. Transitive verbs require a subject to perform their action on an direct object. As there is no direct object in the title, the verb form is not being used.

Edited by theguytom
  • Like 1

One of my biggest moments in gaming last year, if not the biggest, was seeing Kojima, Guillermo del Toro and Norman Reedus working in the same game. PT is an unique experience and on of the best that I have had in my PS4, and it was only a teaser.

I'm sad to hear this news, I hope they can work it out, but it needs Kojima to succeed.  

• Like 1