"Silent Hills" officially canceled.

skateak

(OAO) That's a total shame Konami D: , I was excited about the Silent Hills .. It was one of the games I decided to buy once I buy my own PS4.. Too bad it's Daryl Dixon anyway (QwQ). I hope Konami is just having a late April Fool's day coz that would be sooo disappointing lol.

EDIT: 

Maybe Konami cancelled Silent Hills P.T  coz someone nearly died just playing the DEMO XDlol

Edited by CaTofWaRxMiKu04

It's true, guys. (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/konami-responds-to-silent-hills-cancellation-claim/1100-6426908/)

Norman Reedus tweeted it. Konami responded and said Silent Hills is not going to happen but that doesn't mean the series is dead didn't mention Silent Hills but said they'd continue the series..

Edited by HolyFad

am glad it's not coming out, silent hill should of stopped at 4 for the games was better off not being continued and kojima would of made it like metal gear sold and not like a sh game should be but that is what I think.

Okay, I'm just going to throw you a question: Did you even play P.T.? 

no, I watch my friend play it and we did not know how to continue on in the game so he got rid of it, I think it's just useless to just drop you in a place and not give you a single clue as to what to do and where to go, and don't sit there and think we are fools because we are not and after seeing the bloodly eraserhead baby in the sink made me feel sick, in the old sh games they gave us clues to where to go in anything kojima made it's a mind bending game of how the f would you of known to do that with out pure dum luck, and before you reply with the card of oh you could of used the web to find what to do I will just boldly show you my finger and say games should make you think not make you go to the web to find out that you must look at a f ing hole in the bloodly wall for some time before the game lets you go on your way.

It's fair to wait for Konami to make an official statement but at this point I think people are basically just arguing over semantics. Obviously this project or version of Silent Hill is completely dead. There were 3 known people (Kojima, del Toro, and Norman Reedus) involved in the project. We all know Kojima will no longer be involved. Reedus confirmed that the project is cancelled and Konami said their contract with the actor is expiring. Finally, Guillermo del Toro stated his collaboration with Kojima will no longer happen. You can interpret that however you want but I highly doubt del Toro would continue on with a different Silent Hill project. Basically all 3 are out, meaning this vision of the franchise is dead. Plus, the fact that P.T. is being pulled from the PS Store just adds to the evidence. Sure, Konami might bring in an entire new team and will probably develop another Silent Hill game in the future, which is a completely different topic. However, people are disappointed that the Kojima/del Toro/Reedus project will never happen. 

This might be a dumb question and a bit off topic but what is up with Konami and expiring contracts? That seems to be there "go to" response these days. We all know the rumors around Kojima and his contract. Now they state that their contract period with Reedus has expired. I'm just curious how companies do contracts with actors for games. Their statement makes it sound like they just sign a contract for a specific period of time, which makes no sense to me. Don't they sign contracts for completion of a game or is it just a time period? Then again maybe they just had him under contract for P.T. and not the actual game yet. 

no, I watch my friend play it and we did not know how to continue on in the game so he got rid of it, I think it's just useless to just drop you in a place and not give you a single clue as to what to do and where to go, and don't sit there and think we are fools because we are not and after seeing the bloodly eraserhead baby in the sink made me feel sick, in the old sh games they gave us clues to where to go in anything kojima made it's a mind bending game of how the f would you of known to do that with out pure dum luck, and before you reply with the card of oh you could of used the web to find what to do I will just boldly show you my finger and say games should make you think not make you go to the web to find out that you must look at a f ing hole in the bloodly wall for some time before the game lets you go on your way.

Well, survival horrors games are historically difficult, bud. I remember playing through games like Clock Tower, Fear Effect, Silent Hill and Resident Evil years ago without having access to the internet to help me, but I fucking loved it; the satisfaction of figuring out the puzzles was great. I loved that P.T. didn't hold you by the hand and tell you want to do - which is the definition of having "to think". It was a nice throwback to older, less forgiving games which were heavy on atmosphere, and light on clues. 

And if a horror game literally makes you feel sick, then it's doing something right. Also, you're completely contradicting yourself in your argument. You're saying that games should make you think, but you're annoyed that you weren't given any clues and had to figure stuff out for yourself - that's ridiculous.

Furthermore, it's not as if it was the biggest house in the world. If you paid attention then you'd notice the differences in the environment, and therefore would have an easier time with the puzzles. Alas, guess that house is all we'll ever see from this incarnation of Silent Hill, which is a bitter pill.

• Like 1

I did not contradict myself, if you looked at what I said more clearly you would of seen that it said that the way kojima makes his puzzles are mind bending, in the old horror games like alone in the dark or maybe eternal darkness you looked around to find some clues in pt all you do is walk around and the room becomes another kind of colour and you can run around and that is all your doing till you find the right wall with the hole in it to look at for awhile till the game lets you pass into a new place and no one could think of doing them things same as with metal gear sold who would of known to take out your controller and put it in controller port 2 to kill the boss? no one would of without dum luck, I like games to make you think and to give you a clue at least one clue for not knowing what to do or given a idea is not helpful and if you want a good game to look at when it comes to puzzles look at eternal darkness for that had a lot of them and made you think not think like a fool in pulling out controllers. 

I did not contradict myself, if you looked at what I said more clearly you would of seen that it said that the way kojima makes his puzzles are mind bending, in the old horror games like alone in the dark or maybe eternal darkness you looked around to find some clues in pt all you do is walk around and the room becomes another kind of colour and you can run around and that is all your doing till you find the right wall with the hole in it to look at for awhile till the game lets you pass into a new place and no one could think of doing them things same as with metal gear sold who would of known to take out your controller and put it in controller port 2 to kill the boss? no one would of without dum luck, I like games to make you think and to give you a clue at least one clue for not knowing what to do or given a idea is not helpful and if you want a good game to look at when it comes to puzzles look at eternal darkness for that had a lot of them and made you think not think like a fool in pulling out controllers. 

You continue to undermine your argument with contradictions. You label Kojima's puzzles "mind-bending", i.e. outside what you'd consider a normal, logical puzzle. His puzzles don't follow the rule of thumb or the norms established by puzzles in other games. The player is used to getting item A which leads them to point B - Kojima normally takes players outside this linear structure and makes them approach the puzzle wholly differently, as the solution is normally unlike the solutions to more generic puzzles in other games. In other words, you're conditioned to expect particular trends and patterns in video game puzzles: Kojima takes such patterns and fucking throws them out the window and through the fourth wall.

It's fucking brilliant, and Kojima is the maverick that is sorely needed by an industry bereft of such creativity at the highest level. His games are the epitome of "making the player think", because he doesn't conform to what is expected in a video game. The boss battle with  Pyscho Mantis in MGS1 is a classic example of Kojima's innovative style. Also, just so you know, if you're in the boss fight with Mantis long enough you receive a codec call from the Colonel explicitly telling you to change your controller into port 2. So, yeah, it's not dumb luck, and the decision to implement the port change adds another layer to the character of Psycho Mantis; it gives the player a tangible demonstration of Mantis' powers, which adds to the immersion of the overall experience of the boss fight. I don't see how anyone can see it as anything other than a creative masterstroke, one that carved out a memorable boss fight while staying true to Mantis' character. 

Lastly, Kojima throughout his most outlandish Metal Gear Solid moments has always supplied the player with clues, they're just not the classic "Go here and take this item and you'll be fine." He uses duplicity to get his clues across, and makes you THINK. You simply can't complain about wanting to have to think, all the while demanding simple clues (or distinct direction) in order to easily get past a puzzle. It's not a two-way street: Either accept more intricate, mind-bending puzzles that take time to solve, or puzzles that are more time filler as they're so clearly solvable or ruined by an abundance of clues. 

Well, yes... it's got "teaser" in its title, so I figured that one out pretty soon. However, what it does represent was the creative direction that they were going with the game, and that looked to be fantastic. 

A creative direction that was good for the amount of gameplay we got. We don't know or will not know how the final product would have been. I think the original creator would have and probably been a better choice. 

A creative direction that was good for the amount of gameplay we got. We don't know or will not know how the final product would have been. I think the original creator would have and probably been a better choice. 

Hypotheticals are great and all, but they're just that: hypothetical. All I'm going on was the palpable taster we got in the P.T. demo, and that was undoubtedly brilliant. And by original creator do you mean Team Silent?