Espionage and Waterborne DLC

Saltyie

I was wondering if these DLCs are included with the game? If so, how do I access them?

Seems a bit crappy if we have to pay for these DLCs, since the PS4 version is essentially a remaster of the Xbox360 version that came out last year.

Edited by Saltyie

I was wondering if these DLCs are included with the game? If so, how do I access them?

Seems a bit crappy if we have to pay for these DLCs, since the PS4 version is essentially a remaster of the Xbox360 version that came out last year.

Saltyie, I'm looking at the Physical Limited Edition on GAME and it seems that one doesn't include the DLC. A bit weird considering what you said. 

Here's the page: http://www.game.co.uk/en/tropico-5-limited-special-edition-292806

Saltyie, I'm looking at the Physical Limited Edition on GAME and it seems that one doesn't include the DLC. A bit weird considering what you said. 

Here's the page: http://www.game.co.uk/en/tropico-5-limited-special-edition-292806

Very odd indeed, I don't understand why they're only including the tiny DLCs as pre-order bonuses but withholding the large ones.

I think it'll probably be released in the store update when Tropico 5 releases across the pond next week. I feel like I got the game early or something, there's only about 14 people online at peak times :S Atleast the online trophies are quick to boost, and the platinum is extremely easy. 

Edited by Saltyie

Very odd indeed, I don't understand why they're only including the tiny DLCs as pre-order bonuses but withholding the large ones.

I think it'll probably be released in the store update when Tropico 5 releases across the pond next week. I feel like I got the game early or something, there's only about 14 people online at peak times :S Atleast the online trophies are quick to boost, and the platinum is extremely easy. 

You're probably right, I couldn't imagine them releasing paid DLC now. I'm surprised that K Media (The Publisher) hasn't talked about the DLC already, it's out for a price on steam so that's not a good sign. :(

About last summer/fall there was a major leak about the planned DLC, it would include 10 DLC and 2 Expansions.

Waterborne and Espionage were considered the full blown expansions, the others are a bit more minor (1 Scenario/1 new building/1 new Island)

So far there has been 9 released on PC

1 - The Big Cheese (included in the PS4 special edition)

2 - Mad World (part of Hostile Takeover DLC)

3 - Generalissimo (part of Hostile Takeover DLC)

4 - Joint Venture (part of Hostile Takeover DLC)

5 - Waterborne 

6 - Surfs Up

7 - Gone Green

8 - Supervillain

9 - Inquisition 

I'm surprised the Hostile Takeover DLC has no trophies either, but it doesn't bug me that much. It would appear Waterborne expansion would be the next one to release, and Espionage Expansion hasn't even been released yet on PC so its not possible to be on PS4 yet. 

Edited by MafiaBrett
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Still no word on these at all? Why even have the trophy lists up if you aren't anywhere close to releasing? Also how do you remember how long waterborne has been out on PC, Brett? How can it take this long to port the game and change the controls to a controller?

Because I'm a huge fan of Tropico, i've played it on pc.

And apparently its harder than it looks... according to release dates

You also have to realize, Kalypso Media is predominately a PC developer and it takes them time to learn the ins/outs of a console even if it is just a 'port'

Tropico 5 Waterborne (1st Major Expansion)

PC release = December 17, 2014

X360/MAC release = April 29, 2015

PS4 release = ???

Tropico 5 Espionage (2nd Major Expansion)

PC/MAC release = May 28, 2015

X360/PS4 release = ???

When PS4 version of Tropico 5 came out, Waterborne had already been finished on PC months ago and Espionage was most likely entering its final stage before release = that's why trophy lists appear for them even though they arn't out for us. I did have a personal 1 on 1 chat with one of the developers on Twitter and he said Waterborne is coming real soon.

Edited by MafiaBrett

Would love to play Waterborne but €20 is just too much so ill wait till its cheaper.

Can the Waterborne buildings be used in any game mode or just the waterborne missions?

They can be used in other missions and sandbox, not sure about the main campaign though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Would love to play Waterborne but €20 is just too much so ill wait till its cheaper.

Can the Waterborne buildings be used in any game mode or just the waterborne missions?

They can be used in other missions and sandbox, not sure about the main campaign though.

You can use them in main campaign. For any late comers.... 

Also, any word on next expansion release, Brett?

Almost ready to finally plat this myself. Have the last 2 missions left. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...