Resident Evil Fans Only!

My favorite game series of all time is the best zombie game there is, RE, so lets talk us some Resident Evil

what do you guys think about RE and the way its going? There will most likely be no RE7 because the fans wanted

to cry about how RE6 was too action-y..NO it wasnt man..maybe a little lol but it was still RE which made it beautiful

and I wish we could get RE7 but like even the CEO of Resident Evil said he wouldnt waste our time with that soo..

We have spinoffs, RE Revelations 2 which in my opinion was actually not bad at all, I actually loved it after playing it

a few times, it did however need online co-op other than that pretty gripping story and gameplay I would say..

Also it appears we will be getting HD remakes of RE older games just like RE 1 earlier this year, 3 should be coming soon

then zero and even 4 on PS4 from what I read..2 will actually take a while lol

So what do you guys think about the direction Resident Evil is taking? Let us hear your opinions..or read your opinions lol

Edited by Ctoala6474
  • Like 1

My favorite game series of all time is the best zombie game there is, RE, so lets talk us some Resident Evil

what do you guys think about RE and the way its going? There will most likely be no RE7 because the fans wanted

to cry about how RE6 was too action-y..NO it wasnt man..maybe a little lol but it was still RE which made it beautiful

and I wish we could get RE7 but like even the CEO of Resident Evil said he wouldnt waste our time with that soo..

We have spinoffs, RE Revelations 2 which in my opinion was actually not bad at all, I actually loved it after playing it

a few times, it did however need online co-op other than that pretty gripping story and gameplay I would say..

Also it appears we will be getting HD remakes of RE older games just like RE 1 earlier this year, 2 should be coming soon

then zero and even 4 on PS4 from what I read..3 will actually take a while lol

So what do you guys think about the direction Resident Evil is taking? Let us hear your opinions..or read your opinions lol

1. RE7 is probably coming but not at this time.

2. RE6 was dramatic horror so I can see why people thought of it as more action then survival.

3. Capcom is the maker and publisher of the RE series. 

4. Revelations 2 was really good and I hope the characters appear in RE7.

5. Capcom need that money so I can't blame them for remakes.

6. RE could be the greatest series if Capcom focus on it like the good old days. 

• Like 2

I enjoy Resident Evil as a series and despite popular opinion I loved 6 I am still in the process of playing it but personally I can't wait for 7 either. A remake of 2 would be nice as well I am currently playing Resident Evil HD on the PS4 and loving it all over again.

Yes I really loved the new version of RE1, I actually never played the first before playing it this year besides Deadly Silence on DS but yes I loved that game so bad, especially since the graphics were AMAZING for such an old game..I really hope they dont give us a crappy version of RE2

1. RE7 is probably coming but not at this time.

2. RE6 was dramatic horror so I can see why people thought of it as more action then survival.

3. Capcom is the maker and publisher of the RE series. 

4. Revelations 2 was really good and I hope the characters appear in RE7.

5. Capcom need that money so I can't blame them for remakes.

6. RE could be the greatest series if Capcom focus on it like the good old days.

Question for you, do you like the quick dodge that was implemented on the newer series? And the being able to aim while walking?

I read in various places that that is one of the reasons RE isnt as much horror as it used to be because we have too much freedom with the character

as opposed to just being stuck in one position..it is kinda scary if you think about not being able to move sideways or backwards while shooting

Question for you, do you like the quick dodge that was implemented on the newer series? And the being able to aim while walking?

I read in various places that that is one of the reasons RE isnt as much horror as it used to be because we have too much freedom with the character

as opposed to just being stuck in one position..it is kinda scary if you think about not being able to move sideways or backwards while shooting

I have no problem with it. The people that say "the old ones were the best" are ignorant and halt progression. The reason why RE wasn't as scary was due to a lack of thinking properly. Many horror indies work with the new controller schemes and are scary or even scarier than Resident Evil. As I said, they were going for dramatic horror not survival horror.

• Like 2

I have no problem with it. The people that say "the old ones were the best" are ignorant and halt progression. The reason why RE wasn't as scary was due to a lack of thinking properly. Many horror indies work with the new controller schemes and are scary or even scarier than Resident Evil. As I said, they were going for dramatic horror not survival horror.

Yea I agree with you 100%

I wouldn't say it's a lack of thinking properly, but rather a limitation on what you can do, thus increasing difficulty, and fear. The remake is my favorite followed by 4 and 2, so I don't consider myself too biased and I did enjoy 5(thankfully I had a friend to play with instead of the AI).

I unfortunately did not enjoy 6 and stopped relatively early in leons campaign. But I don't think that denies me being a true RE fan sense I've invested more hours than I know in all the games besides the new ones(I want to play revelations/2, just stupid backlog...)

I think Capcom will continue the trend as they said they will with the main games being different, and the spin offs being specific for the others like me. 

But it's all speculation until the future, companies say a lot of things.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say it's a lack of thinking properly, but rather a limitation on what you can do, thus increasing difficulty, and fear. The remake is my favorite followed by 4 and 2, so I don't consider myself too biased and I did enjoy 5(thankfully I had a friend to play with instead of the AI).

I unfortunately did not enjoy 6 and stopped relatively early in leons campaign. But I don't think that denies me being a true RE fan sense I've invested more hours than I know in all the games besides the new ones(I want to play revelations/2, just stupid backlog...)

I think Capcom will continue the trend as they said they will with the main games being different, and the spin offs being specific for the others like me. 

But it's all speculation until the future, companies say a lot of things.

Dav, first off, I still regard you as a true fan. I only say people halt progression because it's simply true. You can only feel true horror when you have free will over your body and will try to do anything to escape. The limitation wasn't Capcom's problem, making the game to be a hybrid of something else was their problem. I like RE6 and have no problem with it but I can see why people weren't happy about the changes made. 

Edited by ZeroXOF
  • Like 1

Dav, first off, I still regard you as a true fan. I only say people halt progression because it's simply true. You can only feel true horror when you have free will over your body and will try to do anything to escape. The limitation wasn't Capcom's problem, making the game to be a hybrid of something else was their problem. I like RE6 and have no problem with it but I can see why people weren't happy about the changes made.

We'll have to simply agree to disagree lol. :) To be honest the scariest game I've played that makes me paranoid and jump regardless of how many times I play is the original slender game on the computer. There were no technical limitations, but the developers added limitations like the amount you run becomes less the more you use run, the flashlight having little battery, and the inability to fight back made it horrific for me. Now I know this was not so with everyone who played it, but many were quite terrified playing the game. So I can't help but stick with my opinion that limitations whether technical or intentional, make for a very potent horror game. But again this is imo.

Also it appears we will be getting HD remakes of RE older games just like RE 1 earlier this year, 2 should be coming soon

2 coming? then zero and even 4? whered you read all this? tweets? I know my spider senses are tingling and its telling me it might just be true with all the current remasters. any Links?

Resident Evil

Will never forget the first time jump scare when the cerberus first appeared in RE1, a licker bursting through the glass in RE2...i was still in my teens that time..fast forward from RE1 up until RE2 Revelations..i"m still playing..hell....even bought that disastrous ORC (Operation Raccoon City) just to glimpse on Leon, Claire n Ada.

Lots of game play mechanics have been added since RE1. IMO the best was the walking while firing and the melee attacks. A lot of fans said RE4 was the best, it's the best cause it introduced the over the shoulder perspective which is now a mainstay.

Some may agree some may not but story wise, IMO i think RE6 gave a lot story telling..and they mixed it up..Leon - Horror, Chris - Action Adventure, Jake - well... a little overated.

If Capcom somehow decides to make RE7, please make it as a swansong for the older characters (Claire, Leon, Jill, Ada. etc), give them a nice goodbye and introduce some new blood if they still plan to milk the franchise. Enough with the remakes! (but..maybe after they remake RE2  :P )

Survival horror??..well try playing The Evil Within or Alien:Isolation...but Resident Evil, people will ask "After all this time"...i will answer "Always"

• Like 2

I suggested this once on the PSBlog (EU) some time ago now and it had fairly favourable replies...partner with Rocksteady.   Ok, I know that'll never happen given WB is the parent, but the idea of the Arkham games re-skinned for Resi is something that salivates the thoughts, or at least mine anyway...

The cities that Rocksteady create are perfect for an almost open world Resi, Batman replaced with Leon (just for ease here, any character), gunplay instead of gadgets, melee mechanics reserved for the 'Resi special moves',  instead of Bat flight, have Leon be able to take elevators, use ladders, climb certain areas, perhaps a limited grapple hook to scale/descend buildings, bridges etc...   Creepy alleyways with possible zombie jump scares, open areas with the horde at times, surviving civilians that are both randomly on the streets and can be the subject of side missions...choose to save them or not!   Triggered or timed BOW events with lickers or tyrants or various other tough enemies that can appear in game, maybe even a nemesis type super enemy that is tracking your character.   Being able to enter various buildings to move off the street, or scavenge for supplies, get 'key' items, save trapped civvies etc...   Police barricades that you can assist, which those surviving officers may or may not remember for later support.   Finding maps and opening up new areas, with main objectives and side missions marked...   Online co-op that doesn't necessarily have to see both players side by side, taking an objective each and headset comms...  There's so much you could do.

A game like that, although it could have it's big battle horde moments, boss fights, doesn't have to be all out action.   A creepy atmosphere, 'too quiet here' moments, flickering lights, random noises that you aren't quite sure where they came from, a lot of exploration, building interiors that you're not sure what you're walking into, needing to conserve and scavenge ammo...searching building, vehicles etc...   Plenty puzzles, exploring anything form the sewers to tops of skyscapers/towers/high-rises... I could ramble on! Lol

I think it'd easily fit an old school Resi look and feel but with modern aesthetics and gameplay...I don't agree that tank controls made for scarier games, it did have it's tension merits, I'll give it that, but something like Dead Space tells us that's not necessary.   I don't know what others on here might think of a Rocksteady, Arkham City type Resi, but for me it'd be fantastic, and I think the franchise needs to try something a little different...as much as I enjoyed the Revelations games, and 6 was ok, but a return to full (not over the shoulder) third person like Batman might just work for it!  :)

• Like 1

The Resident Evil titles are my most favorite series of all time. :D Been a fan ever since I'm little. Played the very first ones back in PS1 , from RE1 & The Director's Cut, RE 2, RE 3, then played RE Code Veronica back in Sega Dreamcast, played RE Zero back in Gamecube then played the RE games in the PS2 , especially RE 4, it was my personal favorite :D Well, RE 5 was ok for me, it did scare me a little the first time I played it, the game was good but not really good enough for me, I'd say RE 6 is way better. RE 6 gameplay was awesome and the story is much more better than RE 5.. RE 5 boss fight with Wesker was kinda..uhh I don't know.. well I really loved Wesker so I wasn't really impressed on how they finished off Wesker. Oh well, Everyone's got their own opinion anyway, but I'd say I love the old Resident Evil games. I really love the survival horror ones and the awesome puzzles back in the old games. I think RE 4 was the last Re game I really really loved xp but can't say I didn't enjoy RE 6. It was awesome too anyway. I'd say all RE games are awesome anyway and I really love Capcom.  I played RE Revelations 2 too but played it on my own and I'm currently aiming for the platinum trophy :3 I can't wait for the HD remakes of the RE games too x3 RE 2 was one of my most favorite RE games too, plus it's Leon and Claire :D  Hopefully there will be more RE games to be released, I can't stand it if they stopped making them QwQ

EDIT: 

Just got my RE Revelations 2 Platinum Trophy just now ! x3

Edited by CaTofWaRxMiKu04
  • Like 2

what do you guys think about RE and the way its going?

There will most likely be no RE7 because the fans wanted

The older games I loved still remember playing them for the first time even now. As for how its going if 6 is anything to go buy then I don't hold out much hope for the future games. If there will be any future games then they need to go back to the series roots and back to the zombies that we all know and love and ditch these newer enemies.

I think its safe to say RE7 will happen its just a matter of when as at the moment they are focusing on Rev 2. Resident Evil 6 was way to actionay in parts. The biggest issue people had with the game was Chris's campaign what with facing things like tanks, and having to use cover and ducking in and out and such it felt more like I was playing COD or Gears of War at times than RE. There are other issues with the game but i'll not go in to them all i'll say is RE6 was a big let down and I hope Capcom learnt from 6 & ORC.

Actually Resident Evil 7 is rumored to be in production at the moment and is expected to be a PS4/XB1 release only (i'd say PC is also certian at some point.) Its also rumored that we can expect to see the game at this years E3. However these are all rumors as Capcom is remaing very tight lipped about the future of the series and has released nothing official about it yet.

I agree with you Revelations 2 was very enjoyable. I disagree about the co-op as I dislike playing games online but thats fine. I also would rather they released the game as a whole unit like most other games and opted not to do the episodic release system that more and more games seem to be using. I'd also like it if they unlocked the other modes of the storyline when you finished it rather than having to "buy" them with in game currency.

We already have a HD version of 4 but thats PC/PS3/360. Only a HD remake of RE2 is being talked about at the moment, nothing has been confirmed or denied officially yet, but word is they are considering a HD remake of 2 as Resident Evil Hd sold very well. As for 3, 4 and 0, nothing has been announced rumor or otherwise. I think if 2 actually gets made and sells well we could see 3. 4 & 0 i'm not to sure about though.

Edited by MysticalShadow86
  • Like 1

The older games I loved still remember playing them for the first time even now. As for how its going if 6 is anything to go buy then I don't hold out much hope for the future games. If there will be any future games then they need to go back to the series roots and back to the zombies that we all know and love and ditch these newer enemies.

I think its safe to say RE7 will happen its just a matter of when as at the moment they are focusing on Rev 2. Resident Evil 6 was way to actionay in parts. The biggest issue people had with the game was Chris's campaign what with facing things like tanks, and having to use cover and ducking in and out and such it felt more like I was playing COD or Gears of War at times than RE. There are other issues with the game but i'll not go in to them all i'll say is RE6 was a big let down and I hope Capcom learnt from 6 & ORC.

Actually Resident Evil 7 is rumored to be in production at the moment and is expected to be a PS4/XB1 release only (i'd say PC is also certian at some point.) Its also rumored that we can expect to see the game at this years E3. However these are all rumors as Capcom is remaing very tight lipped about the future of the series and has released nothing official about it yet.

I agree with you Revelations 2 was very enjoyable. I disagree about the co-op as I dislike playing games online but thats fine. I also would rather they released the game as a whole unit like most other games and opted not to do the episodic release system that more and more games seem to be using. I'd also like it if they unlocked the other modes of the storyline when you finished it rather than having to "buy" them with in game currency.

We already have a HD version of 4 but thats PC/PS3/360. Only a HD remake of RE2 is being talked about at the moment, nothing has been confirmed or denied officially yet, but word is they are considering a HD remake of 2 as Resident Evil Hd sold very well. As for 3, 4 and 0, nothing has been announced rumor or otherwise. I think if 2 actually gets made and sells well we could see 3. 4 & 0 i'm not to sure about though.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3336080/resident-evil-2-remaster-isnt-high-priority-capcom/

Thats the article I read I thought it was pretty convincing, perhaps it was just a joke I dont know it looked pretty reall lol

2 coming? then zero and even 4? whered you read all this? tweets? I know my spider senses are tingling and its telling me it might just be true with all the current remasters. any Links?

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3336080/resident-evil-2-remaster-isnt-high-priority-capcom/

Thats the link its worth a read lol

The Resident Evil titles are my most favorite series of all time. :D Been a fan ever since I'm little. Played the very first ones back in PS1 , from RE1 & The Director's Cut, RE 2, RE 3, then played RE Code Veronica back in Sega Dreamcast, played RE Zero back in Gamecube then played the RE games in the PS2 , especially RE 4, it was my personal favorite :D Well, RE 5 was ok for me, it did scare me a little the first time I played it, the game was good but not really good enough for me, I'd say RE 6 is way better. RE 6 gameplay was awesome and the story is much more better than RE 5.. RE 5 boss fight with Wesker was kinda..uhh I don't know.. well I really loved Wesker so I wasn't really impressed on how they finished off Wesker. Oh well, Everyone's got their own opinion anyway, but I'd say I love the old Resident Evil games. I really love the survival horror ones and the awesome puzzles back in the old games. I think RE 4 was the last Re game I really really loved xp but can't say I didn't enjoy RE 6. It was awesome too anyway. I'd say all RE games are awesome anyway and I really love Capcom.  I played RE Revelations 2 too but played it on my own and I'm currently aiming for the platinum trophy :3 I can't wait for the HD remakes of the RE games too x3 RE 2 was one of my most favorite RE games too, plus it's Leon and Claire :D  Hopefully there will be more RE games to be released, I can't stand it if they stopped making them QwQ

EDIT: 

Just got my RE Revelations 2 Platinum Trophy just now ! x3

You sound like a true RE fan I like you, and congrats on your RE Revelations 2 Plat, I know that episode 3 boss fight gave you a hassle lol cause it did me xD

The fact that we already have an HD version of RE4 doesnt disqualify it as a possible game to hit the next gen with even greater graphics and extras, that game is beautiful on its own but it sure could use an even better remaster just my opinion

• Like 1

I'm cool with a new Resi as I enjoyed 6. My only gripes which I'd like rectified are; 1 - The over-the-shoulder camera is too close to the character making half the screen invisible. Just pull it back a bit. 2 - QTE's. They're more of a hindrance than adding any dramatic effect. And finally 3 - STOP MENTIONING RACCOON CITY! It's almost like they know it's not as survival horror as it used to be so constantly shove Raccoon City in your face to remind you of the past horrors...Which, once I'd noticed, seems cheap.

The moving while shooting is a welcome addition as you'd expect all these expert agents (or whatever you'd call them) to realise, standing still while shooting makes no sense given their situation. 

Also it appears we will be getting HD remakes of RE older games just like RE 1 earlier this year, 3 should be coming soon

then zero and even 4 on PS4 from what I read..2 will actually take a while lol

My favourite RE game is still RE4, it's the perfect mix of horror and action (although I think TLOU surpassed it). The original RE game is also a near-perfect game, I need to pick up the remake, and RE5 is nowhere near as bad as everyone makes it out to be... but RE6 was absolute wank. 

I consider myself an RE fan, but i think RE6 was an abomination.

The series has had its ups and downs, but no numbered RE has been so poor in so many areas- story, scares, characters, voice work, gameplay, controls, useless dlc addons, setting etc etc etc

After that game i think the best option for Capcom would be to reboot the series - start anew, with a new studio - refocus on what made the old games good, namely, good survival horror, rather than piss poor Gears of War knock off mechanics and some of the worst QTE offences ever committed.

Capcom should, at the very least, get thier team together, make them play Outlast, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, P.T, Lone Survivor, Dead Space, Alan Wake, Fatal Frame and F.E.A.R 2, and then RE2 over and over.

Then show them a picture of Michael Bay while punching them in the teeth shouting "you wanna make shit like this dick does?!?! Or you wanna make a mother-fxxking horror game, bitches??!?"

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

I consider myself an RE fan, but i think RE6 was an abomination.

The series has had its ups and downs, but no numbered RE has been so poor in so many areas- story, scares, characters, voice work, gameplay, controls, useless dlc addons, setting etc etc etc

After that game i think the best option for Capcom would be to reboot the series - start anew, with a new studio - refocus on what made the old games good, namely, good survival horror, rather than piss poor Gears of War knock off mechanics and some of the worst QTE offences ever committed.

Capcom should, at the very least, get thier team together, make them play Outlast, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, P.T, Lone Survivor, Dead Space, Alan Wake, Fatal Frame and F.E.A.R 2, and then RE2 over and over.

Then show them a picture of Michael Bay while punching them in the teeth shouting "you wanna make shit like this dick does?!?! Or you wanna make a mother-fxxking horror game, bitches??!?"

This made me laugh lol

I'm one of the folks which started playing BIOHAZARD/Resident Evil with 2 back when it released, heck, I still remember here in Italy they also attempted to remove/ban it from shops (only chapter left to play for me is Revelations 2, but I'll pass on that crap). Personally speaking, though I had my fair share of fun with the third-person-shooter entries in the series, I'd kill to get something like 2 back: a lot of focus on some kind of "Detective work" gameplay, enemies which act once more as a detriment and not a replenishment to one's resources, scenarios which are "intertwined" (in a better way than what was done in 6, that just had too much stuff going on in it). Highly unlikely any of that will happen, but one can dream. Now, time for some random personal thoughts about the series, fandom, etcetera:

- I can only laugh at those "old fans" which claim(ed) the new games are giving players too much ammunition. Pretty much every goddamn entry in the series gives you plenty of ammo to kill everything on sight and still end up with spare. Know where to look and you may re-enact Rambo on most REs (Survival Horror titles included).

- Given how well the Remaster of the REmake was received, another remaster of Zero is pretty much guaranteed. Laughing at the fans which hope the success of REmake might lead CAPCOM to bring back Survival Horror: what we have showed by buying the HD Remaster is merely that CAPCOM can make easy money off "cheap" portings, the best chance we'd have of getting something closer to a Survival Horror experience is a new IP.

- Those who have problems with RE6's camera being "too close" would probably like to know that the game got an update which fixed the issue, somewhat, you can set how far you want it in the options menu. Maybe not yet ideal, but still a lot better than the default settings.

- Forced co-op is crap, and it was brought on table by that damned 4, too bad it became a mainstay. I think horror works better if you're alone, without someone to constantly cover your ass/make fun of the game with. RE4 isn't a Survival Horror, it's a third person shooter. Seriously, folks, go play RE1/RE2/3/CVX and then play RE4, tell me how many gameplay elements these games share, tell me what you end up doing most in either, in order to proceed (no need, really. On one side you have to search for clues, you can actually disregard 90% of common enemies, on the other you often find yourself forced to kill every enemy in the area to magically unlock the door to the next one). But hey, 4 is a Survival Horror according to some; monsters and viruses aren't enough to earn that denomination, sorry. Want a recent example of a good Survival Horror title? Alien Isolation.

On a general level, I'm not happy with the direction taken by the saga, but hey, this year I'll turn 28: I can understand that I'm no longer the kind of fan which grants CAPCOM "BIG MUNNY". CAPCOM isn't a charity organization, they're after profit and that is mostly guaranteed by younger generation and action-y/shooterish kind of games, nowadays [ quote ]. Even the widely panned RE6 managed to move, what, 5 millions copies? Or something close to it. Game may not have met CAPCOM's original goal, but they still gained profit from it. Also, isn't RE5 the highest selling entry in the franchise, currently? What good might that make for a return to the Survival Horror roots… A suggestion from a Survival Horror fan to others: make peace with your heart and forget about getting a "new" Survival Horror RE, look elsewhere if you want that genre.

Edited by Vergilex
  • Like 1

Another thing to look at is that Resident Evil has gone too far in the story to try and enact a horror game and not make it cinematic or action-y, I mean the whole world is pretty much infested with zombies and weird creatures you cant expect them to make games like RE1/2/3 where they had less zombies scattered throughout, the series has gone too far in story only a reboot can bring back a sense of survival horror, but I personally love RE for the characters and great gameplay whether its survival horror or not, and really think the games would be pretty boring if they kept doing the same scenerios over and over..ex mansion, train, ship..small places, Im glad they tried something different like 6 and ORC, for you all that didnt like them who asked you to play? Lol nobody is forcing you to play, I also much enjoyed Revelations 2 give yourself a chance folks it has a pretty interesting story just a little short

Edited by Ctoala6474

There's nothing wrong with current RE games.

I enjoy them quite a lot.

I assume that others find them lacking a certain vibe found in earlier games, but this doesn't make them 'bad'.

I like the direction they are going.

I have played Re5 and Re6 completly coop with my girlfriend, soon we will delve into the world of Revelations 2.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

RE4 was my first ever RE game I played, and first ever game I got for the PS2. I guess you could say I belong to the group of players who started off with RE's "new perspective" (cam behind the character). I've been loving every RE game that came out ever since for the story, characters, gameplay, etc. I've also read up on the lore starting from the first RE - but that's only reading, never actually "lived" it. Thus, when RE1 remake came out I was so excited to try out the "old perspective". Just got my copy today along with RER2. Only dilemma now is deciding which one do I start with first!

Great thread guys. I appreciate everyone's opinions so far - all the RE games are awesome! :lol: