Games with "preparable" trophies (for quick unlocking at a later time).

dernop

hi everone,

i'm currently preparing some kind of (personal) challenge again, which i already did last year. it's called the "trophyjuli" (german word for july, but that was obvious i guess. the german pronunciation of "juli" is similar to "trophy", so it rhymes... which is nice too). ;)

anyways, in the so called "trophyjuli" i try to get as many trophies as possible, by mainly going for easy platinums or cross-save/autopop games etc. and by taking my yearly vacation days in july, so i actually have time for that! (please don't judge) :P

last year i think i did the whole soundshapes bunch, iirc. this got me to a whopping 1337(!) trophies in last july, as you can see in my PSNP statistics. for the rest i did mainly other easy, sub-10hr games like trivial pursuit, CSI and some other "kids games". (i actually stopped at 1337, even tho i had a few days left, because i was kinda "exhausted" anyways and it seemed like a cool number to have in the statistics)

on this years' list, there is already stuff like duck dynasty (both platforms), saw 1+2, some visual novels from japan, lego games and so on.

now to my actual question: can anyone suggest other autopop games (i already did the sly collection and "motorstorm rc" is already on the list) OR, like the title states, games where you can easily "prepare" trophies.

by "preparing" i mean: games i can play now until july, where i can deliberately get as few trophies as possible, but already doing all the needed preparation for them. so that i only have to, for example, turn quests in or do one last step so i can unlock those trophies in a matter of minutes then.

for example: "deadly premonition" came to mind, since there are like 50 trophies only for sidequests, which i guess you can do, but simply not complete or turn in...?! but i never played it, so i'm not sure.

i know this may seem kind of extreme or "stupid" to some people, but it was really fun last time and i'm actually looking forward to this years "event" ;)

and i thought: where better to ask something like this than in a forum dedicated to trophy hunting?!

i'm happy about any thoughts and game suggestions,

dernop

These games can be platted very quickly:

• Naruto Storm 3: can easily be completed in 1-2 days
  • Assassin's Creed Liberatio HD: can easily be completed in 1-2 days
  • Jak & Daxter: just finish the game and get every collectibles, can be completed in 12 hours
  • Jak 2: finish the game and use the orb exploit, can easily be finished in 1 day
  • Jak 3: finish the game and use the orb exploit, can easily be finished in 1 day
  • God of War Chains of Olympus: finish the game on Hard mode, can easily be done under 20 hours
  • God of War Ghost of Sparta: finish the game on Hard mode, can easily be done in 1 day
  • Trine 2 PS3 version: complete half the game to get the plat, takes about 3 hours
  • Terminator Salvation: finish the game on Hard mode, takes about 10 hours
Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

Sleeping dogs would be great for this, a lot of side missions, collectables and events that you can do all but one of and then just wait until you're ready to do the last one for the trophy. I think Skyrim and fallout would be could as well.

that's a good suggestion, but unfortunately i already did both versions (ps3 and the definitive on ps4) of sleeping dogs and also skyrim plus all fallouts already ;)

but definitely helpful if someone else stumbles upon this thread, thanks!

These games can be platted very quickly:

• Naruto Storm 3: can easily be completed in 1-2 days
  • Assassin's Creed Liberatio HD: can easily be completed in 1-2 days
  • Jak & Daxter: just finish the game and get every collectibles, can be completed in 12 hours
  • Jak 2: finish the game and use the orb exploit, can easily be finished in 1 day
  • Jak 3: finish the game and use the orb exploit, can easily be finished in 1 day
  • God of War Chains of Olympus: finish the game on Hard mode, can easily be done under 20 hours
  • God of War Ghost of Sparta: finish the game on Hard mode, can easily be done in 1 day
  • Trine 2 PS3 version: complete half the game to get the plat, takes about 3 hours
  • Terminator Salvation: finish the game on Hard mode, takes about 10 hours

definitely some good suggestions there, i already got all the GoW ones, trine2, terminator salvation and at least the first jak&daxter. not so sure about the other two j&d's.

but i will look into naruto and AC, thank you!

Browse this topic for some suggestions: https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/25883-fastest-euna-platinums/

I would not recommend Deadly Premonition if you're trying to earn a lot of trophies quickly. The side quest trophies are all done on specific days/times and don't really fit that "turn them in all at once" thing.

thanks for the link. this looks very similar to the "project platinum" thread on ps3t.org i'm also looking at. unfortunately i already did most of those easy platinums already ;)

that's why i was mainly looking for "preparable" trophies.

but thanks for the heads up with deadly premonition. i don't know that game, so the trophylist just seemed like that could be all turned in at once or something. so that was valuable information right there!

to the reply that just came in while typing this: i actually platted minecraft in last years "trophyjuli", but took me a bit longer, since i began to do stuff myself and later found someone who boosted with me :)

• Like 1

Teslagrad can be platted in around 30 mins with a flawless speed-run. You could practice on an alt account between now and then as your set-up. Check out my guide for details. Even then, I managed to plat it in 3:48 hours on my first attempt.

looks very promising, thanks. definitely goes on my "to consider" list ;)

speed is not THAT much of an issue, so i guess i would try it on my main directly. perhaps i'll just watch the speedrun video before as preparation!

looks very promising, thanks. definitely goes on my "to consider" list ;)

speed is not THAT much of an issue, so i guess i would try it on my main directly. perhaps i'll just watch the speedrun video before as preparation!

I literally just watched the speed-run video when I played, pausing as necessary to catch the speed-runner up and if I got stuck. Had to go into a bit more detail than that for a publish-able guide though. 

• Like 1

Ratchet and Clank games all have trophies for completing skill points most of these are optional, and you could just play the story story up until the last boss only netting you a very few trophies and then wait until july to really bag all those nice shiny trophies. :)

sounds, great! i wrote it down, thanks!

I'll also add Grim Fandango: Remastered as a suggested "quick" plat, but not necessarily a "preparable in advance" plat. With a trophy guide and walkthrough, you can plat it in a single 10-15 hour playthrough. (I just so happen to have written a trophy guide for that too... ahem. ;))

Obviously you won't get the full enjoyment from Grim that way, but if trophies are all you're after, it can be a quick one.

I'll also add Grim Fandango: Remastered as a suggested "quick" plat, but not necessarily a "preparable in advance" plat. With a trophy guide and walkthrough, you can plat it in a single 10-15 hour playthrough. (I just so happen to have written a trophy guide for that too... ahem. ;))

Obviously you won't get the full enjoyment from Grim that way, but if trophies are all you're after, it can be a quick one.

nothing wrong with a bit of self-advertisement if the guides are good ;)

normally trophies are not "all i'm after", this almost sounds kinda sad tbh, but in this case, i guess it's true (in terms of the challenge, i mean).

oh, something else. perhaps somehow has experience with that. i platted MGS3:snake eater some time ago and i think i still have quite some saves (basically all of them) on my PS3, as i tend to make a new save every "chapter" or new area.

with those it should be possible to relatively quickly plat the vita version of MGS3 too, right? i think i saw a cross-save guide over at ps3t.org. you just have to save at the right places. i could def. prepare that with the saves i already have! ;)

oh, something else. perhaps somehow has experience with that. i platted MGS3:snake eater some time ago and i think i still have quite some saves (basically all of them) on my PS3, as i tend to make a new save every "chapter" or new area.

with those it should be possible to relatively quickly plat the vita version of MGS3 too, right? i think i saw a cross-save guide over at ps3t.org. you just have to save at the right places. i could def. prepare that with the saves i already have! ;)

Don't think that would work since your saves are from early 2012. The cross-save transfarring feature wasn't added until later and as far as I recall it won't work for older saves (pre-patch). Not sure though, so I suggest you do some online checking to see if I'm wrong.

Not title specific, but I think a lot of board-game or quiz style games can have some easy/quick/preparable trophies. I just bought a UDraw tablet, and the games that go with that seem to be incredibly easy to gain trophies with. Same with the Move. Fritz Chess, if you can get your hands on it seems incredibly easy. I personally like Poker games, if you can deal with the luck element of them.

Someone mentioned the Ratchet and Clank series, which I highly recommend for quick/easy trophies (particularly Deadlocked, Crack in Time and Into the Nexus), and you've played the Sly and Jak & Daxter games which are similar genre/control wise. Portal 2 is pretty easy if you've ever done it before on PC/other devices. If you have a partner whose played before to do co-op with, that's very quick. Saint's Row 4 and Gat Out of Hell are pretty good and I consider the challenges easier than 3's were.

And finally I'd recommend all Telltale games particularly Sam and Max, Tales of Monkey Island, Back to the Future and Walking Dead season 2, they're easy to just click at when you're too tired to play properly.

Good luck man, this sounds like so much fun! I wish I had a month to spend on gaming, you're living my dream :D

to everyone: thanks for all the suggestions. be assured that i saw and noted them all! :)

And finally I'd recommend all Telltale games particularly Sam and Max, Tales of Monkey Island, Back to the Future and Walking Dead season 2, they're easy to just click at when you're too tired to play properly.

Good luck man, this sounds like so much fun! I wish I had a month to spend on gaming, you're living my dream :D

many telltale games (for example all TWD season2 versions: ps3,ps4,vita) are already on my list. i also included "tales from the borderlands", GoT and the "telltale-like" life is strange for both platforms, but i don't know how many episodes will be out until july. fortunately i got a "dual tv" setup with ps4/ps3 in my living room, so i tend to do those multiplatform telltale games basically simultaneously. sometimes even with the vita version too, so it doesn't take much time to do all three. i did that with wolf among us, more or less. ;)

otherwise, thanks for the kind words. unfortunately i don't have the _whole_ july though, since i don't have enough vacation days, but three weeks (plus some days) should be enough.

and as you can imagine, i get very mixed responses about that. not everyone is seeing this as "a dream", but rather unnecessary or plain stupid :P

plus for the money i'm spending on games right now, i could easily do a full-blown one or two week vacation with hotel and everything ... 

but well, everyone has different hobbies i guess. ;)

so long.

those are not preparable but every episode of sam & max (both seasons) are doable under 2 hours each.

If you follow a walkthrough, for 10 episodes it should take like 15 hours.... For about 120 trophies!
Every telltale game is that kind of quick.

Try:

- sam & max

- monkey island

- back to the future

- jurassic park

- walking dead

- the wolf among us

- game of thrones

etc

• 2 months later...

so july is finally here and tomorrow will be my first day off of work (for the rest of the month), so i can really start on my "trophyjuli" challenge.

i just quickly wanted to thank everyone who threw in a good game suggestion, it was really appreciated and helped me with my shopping spree. btw the shopping is more or less complete as of now and it summed up to quite a nice collection of easy/fast trophies: http://imgur.com/ZChcg8G(and a backup PS4, just in case... :P )

there are still some games on the way, especially imports from asia. i hope they'll arrive in july... 

Additionally i also got quite some games digitally, like the telltale games, ratchet & clank hd trilogy, teslagrad, LA cops, ether one, grim fandango and a couple of others i can't even remember right now anymore (which tells a lot about how many games i gathered in the last months) ;)

i'm already at over 400 trophies for july and my "vacation" hasn't even started yet... this should be fun!

I know you already purchased your games, but if you want eleven easy trophies, fully complete Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days and Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded. They just contain the cutscenes from the games, all available from the start, and you can skip all of them, alongside lining the necessary ones up to where you can technically finish the game in about five minutes. I'm not giving the best explanation, as the guide does it better, but it's one of the fastest times for any game on PlayStation.