Having problems to connect Multiplayer

Gadrak

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I keep hearing rumors (on here and from a friend messaging) that the servers for this game are going down by the end of the year. Anyone hear anything similar? Any announcements on official EA sites?

I don't think so, EA usually announces before they shutdown their servers, you can check the Service Updates on this link:

http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates

Edited by PedrOYX

• 4 months later...

had the same problem when i played a while ago..

sometimes it's just for a day.. sometimes a week..

there is no solution..  just check every day multiple times and hope for the best..

we also had contact EA  and with around a 75 guys we signed some thing so they notice something is going on..
i think we needed 20 people to sign and we had a lot more..a week after that the servers where back.

• Like 1

Hello,

after 5 days connection failer I went through different possibilities. I got a very helpful answer from EA-Support but nothing helped, accept to quit friends from my list who played Bad Company. When the list reached 20 finally the game starts without connection failer. Why that failed occurred nobody nows, perhaps EA does....

• 2 weeks later...

i really don't know what the friends list has to do about a game.. but if it works than it's nice to hear..

a guy add me for playing battlefield bad company last week but he didn't played it ones.. i guess he had the same problem.

i remember the time i played it..the damn veterans i knew by name after two weeks..  i guess the tornado clan still plays it.. ?  with the quick scopes.. 

good luck

• 2 years later...
1 minute ago, VirtualNight said:

I have this problem, but only with my main acc, with all my alts i can connect perfectly.

I do not get what people posted above, do i have to delete some friends that have played this game?

When this game was first released, the PS3's friends list limit was much lower than the 100 it is now so a lot of older games have serious connection issues because of it. To fix this problem, you have to reduce the amount of people on you friends list to between 75-100 people but a few games get snarky if you have more than 50 friends so keep reducing the number of people until the servers let you connect to them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

When this game was first released, the PS3's friends list limit was much lower than the 100 it is now so a lot of older games have serious connection issues because of it. To fix this problem, you have to reduce the amount of people on you friends list to between 75-100 people but a few games get snarky if you have more than 50 friends so keep reducing the number of people until the servers let you connect to them.

Damn, i have 158, i was hoping to never do that again after AC3, i'll try, thanks

• 4 years later...

Reprinted in translation from the Japanese trophy wiki.

I could never log in to my main account only.
However, the following method enabled me to log in without reducing my friends and I was able to play until I got platinum.

↓↓↓↓

I figured out how to connect to multi.
First you sign out, then you press multi.
Next, it asks me if I want to sign in. Then I sign in.
I've done this over 100 times and it worked 100% of the time.
If anyone else has the same problem, please refer to this page.