So owners, how is Tropico 5 on PS4?

MafiaBrett

Not played the PC version, but I'm a big fan of city builder type games and decided to try out Tropico on the PS4. The controls actually work really well, once you get used to the button combinations you can quickly put stuff together without much hassle. The tutorial seems to miss out on a lot of whats possible though, and as you play you can discover things that weren't immediately obvious (accessing buildings from the menu system rather than trying to find and click on the building in the map etc..).

The only annoying thing so far for me is the game lacks the ability for you to restart your campaign island's, so if you end up completing a mission whilst your island is in a bad state, your stuck with having to complete the next mission and fix the problems you left on your island. 

Edited by sixones
  • Like 1

It's good. Faster controls than PC, if a bit overwhelming to begin with. It's more than a SIM city esque game, as therere multiple factions you have to appease (militarists, environmentalists) alongside superpowers you have to befriend (U.S, Axis, Middle East, 'The Crown'). Therere multiple time periods, like colonial and world wars, alongside the staple cold war, and recently added modern times.

Pretty good game, if you like the look of it, I say go for it.

• Like 2

Doesn't seem to be dumbed down at all for consoles, the UI is slightly different from the PC screenshots I've seen, but other than that I'm pretty sure its all there. The complexity is definitely there, tonight I'll be starting the campaign for a 3rd time (or 4th, cant quite remember) - keep reaching the 5th mission and my island is too screwed up to complete the mission. Even though I've restarted the campaign a few times already, its still a lot of fun to play! Restarting is probably more my fault than the games, I've never played a Tropico game before, and I keep trying to play it like Sim City or Civ, when I really need to take a different approach.