List your Favorite Resident Evil Games in order

Ctoala6474

Alright its time, from the games made playable to the last and current gen, list your favorite to your least favorite and a short description as to why. Here are mine..

1) Resident Evil 6

Very fun DLC, specially in co-op, amazing campaign gameplay and characters

2) Resident Evil Revelations 2

Very fresh, way more horror than 6 but its too short, Great story cant wait for more

3) Resident Evil 1

I never played it before this remastered version (2015) and it was amazing, I get why players want more of it

4) Resident Evil 4

It just needs better graphics its become outdated, everything else is still perfect

5) Resident Evil 5

This was the game I forced myself to play, but it actually turn out very good, reminded me a lot of 4, DLC is a plus

6) Resident Evil Operation Racoon City

This game actually got me addicted at some point..after forcing myself to play it lol..my proudest plat

7) Resident Evil Code Veronica X

The graphics are just plain old, needs remaster ASAP but good game, beat the game first time this year

8) Resident Evil Revelations 1,

Total failure in my opinion, boring tasteless, my least favorite from last gen, only thing good was graphics

9) Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles

Shoot on rails n o t m y t h i n g, good enough graphics thou

10) Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles

Same reasons as Darkside Chronicles,

Soo RE fan taking time off your day to read this..what are YOUR favorites in order?? Let us know! :)

Alsoo I never played, 0, 2 and 3 long enough to have opinions, cant wait for them to be remastered! Whole new adventures! Lol

Edited by Ctoala6474

1) Resident Evil 5 - First RE game I beat and the one I'm most familiar with

2) Resident Evil 0 - RE Gamecube game I got the furthest with and the use of two characters to control with a OG RE style brings in a change tactically.

3) Resident Evil 6 - First RE game I got the platinum for and still loved it as just a survival game (even on Amateur I ran out of ammo a few times)

4) Resdient Evil 4 - Mercenaries anyone?

5) Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Controls are a bit meh, but not terrible. Fun to do with a group though

6) Resdient Evil - Nothing wrong, just the least accustomed to it

• Like 1

1 - Resident Evil 2

2 - Resident Evil Remake / Resident Evil 

3 - Resident Evil 0

4 - Resident Evil Code Veronica

5 - Resident Evil 4

6 - Resident Evil 3

7 - Resident Evil Revelations

8 - Resident Evil 5

9 - Whatever. 

10- Resident Evil 6

Edited by Atlas
  • Like 4

1) Resident Evil 1996 Is just such a good story for me, they didnt know what to expect, same for me 

2) Resident Evil 2 The change on the story depending if you played with claire or leon 

3) Resident Evil 4 The diversity of enemies and the change was good 

4) Resident Evil 3 Nemesis nuff said

5) Resident Evil 5  Mercenaries was the best here 

6) Resident Evil 0

7) Resident Evil Revelations

8) Resident Evil Code Veronica

9) Darkside Chronicles

10) Resident Evil ORC 

11) Resident Evil Survivor 

12) Umbrella Chronicles

13) Resident Evil 6

Edited by predator086siren
  • Like 2

I can't really summarise why I prefer each one over the other right now, but here's my list anyway!

1. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
  2. Resident Evil (1996)/Resident Evil Remake (2015 re-release)
  3. Resident Evil 2
  4. Resident Evil 4

Aside from the first Revelations, I don't particularly care for modern Resident Evil. It's no longer survival horror, but rather action with a very light sprinkling of horror, and I'd much prefer it go back to its roots.

Edited by CandiBunni
  • Like 3

I have only played a few of the Resident Evil games, but here is my list:

1. Resident Evil 6: Intense campaign, excellent co-op, and well-executed split story that tied all the plots together quite nicely. It also had some of the best boss fights in recent memory.

2. Resident Evil 5: A unique setting, a unique series of bosses and enemies, and it wasn't afraid to tackle issues considered taboo in western society.

3. Resident Evil: Code: Veronica X: One of the best games on the PS2. It was scary, it was intense, and it was fun.

4. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City: I really liked this game. I have played better games, but I liked it for what it was: a cover-based action game. It may not have been scary, but I had a lot of fun and I give Capcom kudos for trying something new with it.

5. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis: One of the better horror games to come out in the late 1990s. It was a frenetic romp through Raccoon City that scared the piss out of me, even if it was frustrating to control.

6. Resident Evil 2: Leon S. Kennedy. 'Nuff said.

7. Resident Evil: No. Just no. While I admire it for what it did, namely redefining the horror genre, I just cannot bring myself to play this game for more than an hour at most.

Edited by AnimeDreama
  • Like 1

1 - Resident 5 -> Amazing game,good story,great bosses,nice characters,great setting,great campaign,good voice-acting...Wesker badass as mofucka. 

2 - Resident 4 -> Fantastic evolution in gameplay,infinitely better camera,great campaign,The Merchant and..........Ada!!!

3 - Resident 2 -> Got some really fond memories with this game,awesome bosses,great game.

4 - Resident 3 -> Again got some fond memories with this one,Nemesis...great game.

5 - Resident 1 -> Never liked the 1st one that much,gotta play the HD remaster to remember better.

6 - Resident 6 -> Garbage...it killed RE,possibly the worst shit capcom ever made.

7 - Operation Raccoon City -> Utter garbage,impressively manages to be worse than RE6...thats a prowess.

Never played Code Veronica...still need to play Revelations 1 and 2 plus Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles.

1. Resident Evil 4 

- awesome gameplay and story. RE 4 is one of a kind! :D

2. Resident Evil Code Veronica

got the worst puzzles among all RE games that'll surely complicate you

3. Resident Evil 2

- it was scary lol got a good story and it's Leon and Claire! :D

4. Resident Evil 3

- Oh I love this game, that fear whenever you encounter Nemesis is priceless! x3

5. Resident Evil Outbreak File # 1 & 2

- brings back old times and the puzzles will make you say "What to do what to do??" XDlol

6. Resident Evil 6

- got an awesome gameplay and the Mercenaries is so fun to play. Unfortunately, Chris' campaign ruined the game itself. tsk

7. Resident Evil

- that first zombie scene... I can never forget that! It was my 2nd RE game that I played but it was still awesome :D

8. Resident Evil Zero

- Rebecca Chambers! First RE game that got co-op :D It was an awesome game but it was a GameCube exclusive.

9. Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2

- both are good and got an good story as well.

10. Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles

- these two games are another good RE games and for once it's a rail shooting game so I'd say it's quite good. The stories can be a little different if you played the RE games that were based on it.

11. Resident Evil Dead Aim

- another old school RE game , but it's really good too

12. Resident Evil 5 

- it was ok. it did scare me a little at first. The story was ok...but geez, Wesker!!! They killed Wesker in a very weird way! D: and that boulder though -.-

it was the very first RE game that disappointed me.. I was expecting more of a scary survival horror game.. Oh well

13. Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City

- the game was ok, it was actually fun to play, it was more of an action game though...RE games strayed too much these days ..

I obviously loved old school RE games and I'm really fond of the Survival horror ones.. but I'm surprised no one listed Resident Evil Outbreak games...

• Like 2

here is my list i love resident evil,  who made it awesome shinji mikmai.

1. resident evil remake> it had good blend, action and horror and traps. Also good puzzles to slove. Ps story was awesome

2. resident evil 2 > great story, good charcters ,simply puzzle, bosses are pain, and lastly it had horror.

3. resident evil 3> Medicore story, difficulty puzzle, gameplay was good, manging your ammo.

4. resident evil zero> story made sense, get to play between charcters, puzzles were fun, mini game was ok.

5. resident evil code veronica>story was awesome, charcters connect to each other, bosses are pain, great mini game, and wesker was bad ass,

6.resident evil out break 1> story kind of make sense, charcters were goofy, puzzle was pain, and bosses are fun, music is good.

7. resident evi out break 2> almost made sense story, characters were the same, puzzle was ok, and bosses not to bad, music is ok.

8. resident evil 4> the story made sense, gameplay was good. combat was helpful saving ammo, puzzles are pain, bosses are ok, creepy music.

9.resident evil umbrella chronicles >awesome story, using motion controls well, pieces of story fill in 1 thoguh 3., and bosses are awesome,

10. resident evil darkside chronicles> awesome story, using motion controls well, set between re2 though re code, bosses were ok

11. resident evil revelations> story made sense, good gameplay, good chaecters, raid mode, and horror, bosses are pain to kill.

12. resident evil revelations 2> good story, barry, enemies are pain, puzzles are pain, and a good challege.

Edited by ESJS90

Resident Evil 3 is my favourite RE game of all time.

Probably because it was the first one I've seen and played (at the age of 6).

This game, especially Nemesis, scared the shit out of me! I still get goosebumps when I walk through the alleys, hear the music and sounds of moaning zombies.

After that: Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil HD, Resident Evil 2 and Code Veronica X HD in no particular order (mainly because I have to play most of them still).

Overall, I like the series, but I need to be in a certain mood to fully enjoy them.

Also, I think Resident Evil 3 doesn't get enough praise. The game is so underrated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

from what i played

1- Resident Evil 2, capcom almost get everything right with this one, also it was the very first RE game i ever beat.

2- Resident Evil 3, simply it was intense at the time, also it balance survival and action really well.

3- Resident Evil Director's Cut ( ps1 ), i rated this much higher than the remake due to how challenging and more difficult than the remake or HD remaster i don't care about the graphics.

4- Resident Evil HD Remaster, it plays just like the original old ones which it was still a survival horror and that a plus to me, oh and Chris wasn't dumb at the time and went punching boulders....

5- Resident Evil 4, this was almost the last of us of the 6th generation era to me, sure anyone who start playing RE since the ps1 days may not gonna like it like the ps1 original but from the new action style of RE games this is the best.

6- Resident Evil Dead Aim, this one is actually under the gun survivor series, but it plays more like the 3DS version of revelation 1, you wonder around in 3rd person view but once you aim your gun it goes to 1st person view, and the entire game run at 60 freaking FPS!

7- Resident Evil Outbreak, i never tried the online mode of it, at the time we didn't have internet, but to me this game really nailed it when it comes to a spreading deadly virus on the city, you need to race the time to get out of the city as the virus already catch up with your character, there's a percentage of how bad your character got exposed to the virus and your character might have a different performance depend on the percentage of the virus inside his / her body. i heard in the online mode your character can turn into a zombie if the virus in your body reach 100% and you got killed by something, and allow you to troll other players online who's trying to beat the game.... now i know where the MP zombie mode in RE6 came from.

8- Resident Evil 5 gold edition, this game is where Chris went WWE star and go punching stuff include a huge rock!!

desperate escape is where me and my brother spend almost 100 of hours in offline Co-op, this game is actually tons of fun in co-op, also the PS Move works really good in this game, i never return playing it with the dual shock 3 after finish it with the move controller.   

9- Resident Evil 6, the first time playing it it was awesome! especially Leon campaign, after i plat it i never came back paying it ever again, at least it was good that it ended up as a RE all stars aka RE6, could have been worse if it's ended up as Kart racing lol!  .

10- Resident Evil Code Veronica X ( ps2 ), i believe i only beat this game once, some of the dialog was still bad and laughable in a fun way :lol:  .

11- Resident Evil Gun Survivor, this game is bad that it's poor rushed development made it somehow fun to play  xD

the A.I is so stupid that if you gave the enemies your back they will not gonna attack you, they must get in front of you face to face so they can attack or land a hit on you, though this trick don't works on zombies, i manage to beat the entire game at the highest difficulty setting without even got damaged once.

it was so funny to watch the enemies struggling to face you just to attack and then you gave them your back and  they'll  try again to get in front of you.

Edited by yellowwindow7
  • Like 1

1) Resident Evil 2

2) Resident Evil 0

3) Resident Evil remake

4) Resident Evil: Code Veronica X

5) Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

6) Resident Evil: Director's Cut

7) Resident Evil: Dead Aim

8) Resident Evil: Outbreak file #1 and #2

9) Resident Evil 4

10) Resident Evil 5

EDIT: I forgot about Outbreak.

Edited by Death
  • Like 1

1. Resident Evil Outbreak File # 2: It was the first game I ever played online. Also, I had a lot of fun moments playing the game.

2. Resident Evil Code Veronica X: Probably spent of the time I played this as a kid, screaming bloody murder.

3. Resident Evil 2.

4. Resident Evil 4.

5. Resident Evil Remake.

6. Resident Evil 0.

7. Resident Evil 3.

Edited by Guernica

I have yet to play all of them, so this is just a list of the ones I've already played.

1. Resident Evil: Revelations 1 & 2

2. Resident Evil 2

3. Resident Evil 1

4. Resident Evil 3

5. Resident Evil 5

6. Resident Evil 4

7. Resident Evil 6

8. Operation Raccoon City

RE6 was garbage. Not just a bad RE game, but a bad action game. It didn't know what it wanted to be. You have Leon's section, which was the closest to horror. But even that had way too many QTEs, and a boring boss fight. Chris's section was a generic shooter. They tried to make you care for Pierce, but he was just Soldier Man #193758009. The giant snake was cool. Jake's section was weird, it was probably the most action packed one. Explosions, big monsters, and Jake punching everything.

ORC wasn't even an RE game to me. It was a boring, repetitive, shooter with the RE name.

• Like 2

1 - Resident 5 -> Amazing game,good story,great bosses,nice characters,great setting,great campaign,good voice-acting...Wesker badass as mofucka. 

2 - Resident 4 -> Fantastic evolution in gameplay,infinitely better camera,great campaign,The Merchant and..........Ada!!!

3 - Resident 2 -> Got some really fond memories with this game,awesome bosses,great game.

4 - Resident 3 -> Again got some fond memories with this one,Nemesis...great game.

5 - Resident 1 -> Never liked the 1st one that much,gotta play the HD remaster to remember better.

6 - Resident 6 -> Garbage...it killed RE,possibly the worst shit capcom ever made.

7 - Operation Raccoon City -> Utter garbage,impressively manages to be worse than RE6...thats a prowess.

Never played Code Veronica...still need to play Revelations 1 and 2 plus Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles.

Uh, no. This piece of shit is the worst shit Capcom ever made.

Capcom-Fighting-Evolution.jpg?w=630&cdnn

Capcom Fighting Evolution

1) RE3: Nemesis - Getting chased by Nemesis was the first thing to scare the shit out of me.

2) RE4 - The RE that really got me into the lore ans story of the series and also contains one of my favorite characters (Ramon Salazar, which my PSN name is named after).

3) RE - Never beat it as a kid but was one of my favs on the PS1.

4) RE Code Veronica X - Loved this game but god did I not know what to do.

5) RE: Revelations 1 and 2 - Got that horror vibe with jsut straight up fun (Also Raid mode!).

6) RE2 - Didn't get to play this that much but I still love it.

7) RE5 - I don't care what people say I still loved this game. Don't care much for Chris but I enjoyed the game nonetheless.

7) RE6 - This was only good for one playthrough and then there was no point in playing it again in my opnion. It was okay.

Since you said limited to current and last gen:

1. Resident Evil 4 (Wii version) One of the few games to use the wiimote correctly.
  2. Umbrella Chronicles (Wii version) Another game that used the wiimote correctly.
  3. Revalations (3DS version) Solid game. It brought the series back to its survival-horror roots.
  4. Resident Evil 4 (360 version) It might just be a remake of the PS2 version, but it's still better than RE5 and RE6.
  5. Resident Evil 6 (360 version I haven't played the PC or PS3 versions) It's an ok game. I liked the idea of multiple stories becoming intertwined, but I didn't really like the gameplay.
  6. Darkside Chronicles (Wii version) I don't really know why. I just remember this game seemed bad when I played it.
  7. Resident Evil 5 (360 and PS3 versions I haven't played the PC version) Sheva's AI. Do I really need to say anything else? If I was playing with a partner, this would be number 6.

I haven't had a chance to play Mercenaries 3D, Revelations 2, or the ps4 or ps3 remakes yet so I can't place them. I'm not going to base the remakes off the originals because something might have changed.

I once bought the collection, but didn't actually play them (yet).

RE6

Played from start to finish with my girlfriend, made one hell of an experience

RE5

Was one of these games I could play again and again.

Often a game I would play with friends as they visited.

RE4

First RE I played back on ps2.

Finished the game in professional mode, but somehow I lost my interest in pursuing this trophy in the remaster.

RE RC

If they included offline coop, it would have been one of the best games.

1.) Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - My first RE, I really love the gunpowder mixing to make my own ammo.

2.) Resident Evil Code: Veronica X - The last REAL RE game. Everyone says this game is hard but I find it a cakewalk. :)

3.) Resident Evil/Director's Cut/REmake/HD - Prefer the original/DC, because I grew up with that.

4.) Resident Evil 0 - For some reason Billy is my fave male RE character, and this game did good with forcing a partner on you (somehow they get dumber with each game).

5.) Resident Evil 2 - Just more of the good ole stuff.

6.) Resident Evil 4 - Was great in its time but now it's hard to take Leon's cheesy lines.

7.) Resident Evil 5 - Still a good game overall.

8.) Resident Evil - Operation Raccoon City - I like this game a lot. Guess I set my expectations low with this one and was pleasantly surprised (if I remember correctly it wasn't even dev'd by Capcom but by the SOCOM guys).

9.) Resident Evil Dead Aim - It's cool, don't remember much but I did 3 runs. Can anyone guess how many times I played RE3? (30+ :P)

10.) Resident Evil Outbreak - Not a big fan, it's ok.

11.) Resident Evil Revelations - Don't get me started on this. Just found it really bad. Gameplay is good (except dodging), but story, partner AI and characters (esp chars)... oh boy. Not into Raid either.

I also have Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles, Outbreak File #2 and RE6, all yet to be played. And want to get Revelations 2 once I can get over the first Rev.

Edited by DizzyDavidson