List your Favorite Resident Evil Games in order

Ctoala6474

I will only list the canon main story titles.

1. REmake   Resident_Evil_2002_cover.jpg
  2. Resident Evil 2 RE2_US.jpg?w=501&h=501&crop=1
  3. Resident Evil 4 Resi4-gc-cover.jpg
  4. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard  Resident-Evil-Biohazard-1.jpg
  5. Resident Evil 5 latest?cb=20160727122352
  6. Resident Evil: Code Veronica X 64682-resident-evil-code-veronica-x-gamecube-front-cover.jpg
  7. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis  resident_evil_3_custom-front.jpg
  8. Resident Evil 0 23745-resident-evil-0-gamecube-front-cover.jpg
  9. Resident Evil: Revelations latest?cb=20160705171732
  10. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 jaquette-resident-evil-revelations-2-ps4-cover.jpg
  11. Resident Evil 6  latest?cb=20120530155421

I probably had the most fun with 5 though cause of the co-op and add on content even though it received a lot of backlash. 6 is just a disgrace due to the horrible controls but the stories are pretty nice. This list can change around a lot but generally that's my order. I love this series so much and cherish basically all the characters and stories. 7 was a great change of pace even with the first person view and new characters, ready for Not A Hero. 

REmake 2 has potential to top the list if Capcom does it right and even better than the original since Raccoon City is much more immersive, fingers crossed!

Edited by Dlw11
  • Like 1

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil 2(Mostly Leon's story)

Resident Evil 3

Resident Evil Code Veronica(Didn't beat it, that's why its here but great nonetheless)

Resident Evil 5(Not familiar with it, but slightly liked it)

Didn't play 6 or the others to determine 

• 7 months later...

Not a long-time fan, but I'm really happy this series exists. So far I've played:

1. Resident Evil 4 - Good balance between atmosphere, cheesy humor and action. Leon is rad. Strong Lovecraftian themes juxtaposed with ridiculousness cranked to 11.

2. Resident Evil 7 - It's a coherent experience, well-written, well-acted, really immersive. Reminds me of old Thief games.

3. Resident Evil Revelations - Okay, this one isn't exactly great, but it's very dear to me because of the setting, the gameplay loop and the addictive raid mode and the hilariously corny story elements.

4. Resident Evil HD - I'm having hard time getting used to the old-school stuff here, but it gets better with each run, and the level design is superb.

5. Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Setting, atmosphere is nice, but variety and replayabilty isn't doing much for me. 

6. Resident Evil 5 - Eh, it was fun in coop. I like the DLCs as well, nice one-shot games. Some parts are good, I especially love Wesker here, he's just hilarious. 

7. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles - Love some of the new settings (especially the jungle part with Leon), but the gameplay isn't working for me.

8. Resident Evil 6 - Ugh. The worst part is the lack of a good level loop, lack of exploration, and shooting enemy limbs does absolutely nothing. Really bad, dumb.

9. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - What the hell. Well, at least we have Hunk.

I'm looking forward to Code:Veronica and 0 HD soon-ish.

• 1 month later...

1. Resident Evil 2 

2. Resident Evil 4 

3. Resident Evil 1 Both versions ( PS1 PS4 ) 

4. Resident Evil 3 

5. Resident Evil Outbreak File 1

6. Resident Evil 7 

7. Resident Evil 0 

8. Resident Evil Code Veronica X 

9. Resident Evil 5

10. Resident Evil Operation Racoon City 

11. Resident Evil 6

Thats my list from Best to worst never played the revalation 1&2, chronicles, outbreak file 2 and dead aim. Resident Evil 6 is the worst because leon had the best campaign out of the other characters which Chris and jake story was short and boring, the multiplayer was not good. Resident Evil 5 had a better multiplayer than that.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Classic versions

1. Resident Evil 2

2. Resident Evil

3. Resident Evil 3

4. REmake

5. Code Veronica

6. Resident Evil Zero

Over the Shoulder

1.Resident Evil 4

2.Resident Evil 5

Abomination. Resident Evil 6

The spin offs and side games I've never felt too strongly about though I'd say Dead Aim was my favorite

• 1 year later...

Including only the newest versions of the games, Going from Best to Worst:

1. Resident Evil 2 Remake - This gets top spot mainly for Claire as i find Leon unlikable.
  2. Resident Evil Remake - Simply a Great game
  3. Resident Evil Revelations - A horror game on a Boat, But it earns this Spot mainly because of the Comm's Officer (Scagdead).
  4. Resident Evil Zero - Wish the Train section lasted a lot longer as it was unique, once you were at the facilty it was just like the original RE (just with Character Swapping).
  5. Resident Evil 5 - Apart from the boulder punching, a Solid game (great DLC though).
  6. Resident Evil 3 Remake - A bit to short, but i enjoyed it quite a lot, loved the upgrade to Tyrell's Character over the original.
  7. Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Not as good as the first Revelations, but still a Solid game.
  8. Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City - I might be in the Minority but i liked the game.
  9. Resident Evil 7 - the Change to 1st person was a bit jarring for me, otherwise would be higher up.
  10. Resident Evil 6 - A bit to actiony, will admit i liked the Helena/Leon Scenario the most (Played as Helena most of the time)
  11. Resident Evil Code Veronica X - This game i'm pretty sure actively hates me,
  12. Resident Evil Resistance - Not much to say really, can be enjoyable at times.
  13. Resident Evil 4 - The game that made me despise Leon, i find the Game decent but personally i find it to be one of the most Overated games i've ever played.
  14. Resident Evil Chronicles (Umbrella/Darkside) - Don't like on the rails Shooters

• 2 weeks later...

It's impossible for me to choose some games over others so I'll make a tier list and some will share the spot. By the way I'm not finished playing the whole series (want to play even the spin-offs) but here we go at the moment:

resident-evil-game-tier-list-with-re3r-a

Edited by Goku14Manu
Updated tier image

• 2 months later...

My Ranking (Main Entries Only):

T1) Resident Evil 2 (Remake) & Resident Evil 7 (can't decide, these two and God of War are my top 3 games of the generation ?. I think 2 is probably technically better, but I have a softer spot for 7 as it saved the franchise from a point of no return and was so refreshing/addictive). 

2) Resident Evil 4 

3) Resident Evil 5 

4) Resident Evil 3 (Remake)

5) Resident Evil 1 (Remake) (appreciate this is controversial, but I don't think the 1st Resident Evil is an amazing game. Obviously, I'm glad it exists, and I am a 'newer gen' Resident Evil fan, so no hate please).

6) Resident Evil 6

Never played original Resident Evil 2 or 3 OG or many of the spin-off games as I was too young at the time, and never went back (probably should). I did do so for 1, which I liked but after playing the Remake its a bit jarring haha. I've played Revelations 2 and a bit of Code Veronica, both which I thought were good from what I've played, but not enough to clearly rank. 

On 24/06/2017 at 1:25 AM, Dlw11 said:

I probably had the most fun with 5 though cause of the co-op and add on content even though it received a lot of backlash.

I vibe with this. 5 isn't my favourite, but I have some of the best memories  with it because - back then - I actually had the opportunity to play online with my friend and do the entire campaign on Professional. The joys of being 14. Being an adult sucks... 

Edited by PhantomFear94

I'll list the ones I've played. All of them have been great, with 3 Remake being placed last because it was a bit disappointing after the fantastic 2 Remake.

1. Resident Evil 2 Remake
2. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
3. Resident Evil Remake
4. Resident Evil 5
5. Resident Evil 4
6. Resident Evil 3 Remake

1.) Resident Evil Remake 

2.) Resident Evil 2 Original

3.) Resident Evil 3 Remake 

4.) Resident Evil 2 Remake 

5.) Resident Evil 5

6.) Resident Evil: Code Veronica 

7.) Resident Evil Revelations 2

8.) Resident Evil 7

9.) Resident Evil 6

10.) Resident Evil 0

11.) Resident Evil 3 Original 

12.) Resident Evil Directors Cut

13.) Resident Evil 4

14.) Resident Evil Outbreak File 1

15.) Resident Evil: Survivor

16.) Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City 

17.)  Resident Evil Dead Aim 

18.) Resident Evil Revelations 

19.) Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles

• 3 weeks later...

1. Resident Evil 4

Played this the day it came out on GameCube. This title literally changed gaming forever.

2. Resident Evil 2 Remake

Probably the best remake of a game ever made. Probably. Purposely left the last couple of trophies so I can put almost all of the releases for PS4 in order on my trophy list when I revisit the series.

3. Resident Evil 7

Super underrated game in every way the term "underrated" can be applied. Even in the Resident Evil series itself.

4. Resident Evil 5

This title is awesome in every way. Trophies are a little grindy in the main campaign for the release on PS4. SJW's tried to apply "racism" to this title...just like they try to apply it to everything else it doesn't belong in. Completely not true.

5. Resident Evil 3 Remake

The only mistake with this title is the omission of the clock tower level. Even then...it's a great game that took way too much flak from whiners. The online isn't really all that good in terms of balancing and concept...but it's stand alone and I consider it an entirely separate game. Went for the Platinum right away thinking I'd be able to reorder it when DLC came out. Thought they might release the clocktower level as DLC. Was wrong.

6. Resident Evil 6

Great action game but not their best effort in the genre. It's above the original because of the controls and it's actually a super fun game to play.

7. Resident Evil

The tank controls and the new controls for the HD version are a trainwreck when transitioning from fixed camera to fixed camera. The characters certainly dont behave like highly trained law enforcement/special forces in their abilities even though I understand fully that the game was going for the claustrophobia and suspense angles . Puzzles are incredibly good and the HD version looks incredible for what it is. The puzzles are what really make this game what it is. Still an amazing game despite the controls at the transition screens. Even though I have beef with the controls...don't get me wrong...it's still worth a play through. The HD version redoes some puzzles from the original. Really well done revamping.

From what I've played:

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil 1 Remake
Resident Evil 3 Remake

Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil 5

I've really enjoyed every Resident Evil title except 5 and 6 honestly. 6 was okay for an action game, but was hardly a horror game. 5 was god awful in every single way... It has way too much action in it to be considered a horror game imo, and the shitty, clunky, controls make it an awful action game. I will never play it again lol.

1.) RE

2.) RE4

3.) RE: Remake

4.) RE2

5.) RE2: Remake

6.) RE3

7.) RE7

8.) RE: Rev 2

9.) RE0

10.) RE: CV

11.) RE3: Remake

12.) RE5

13.) RE6

It’s difficult, well definitely with the first three in my list. The list consists of the only ones I have compeleted. I didn’t complete Rev 1 and not played any of the Outbreak games although I think I have one for the PS2. Never liked the look of that Survivor on PS1. 

Edited by lynx_1985
I edited the list and probably missed a game now.

Ok, I have a weird history with this series. I played 1-3 on the PS1. Beat RE2, but I think I never actually finished 1 and 3, although I've seen them the whole way through multiple times. Then played 5 on PC. Then finished both scenarios in RE2 years later. Then played and beat Code Veronica X on the PS2. So my list looks like this:

1. Resident Evil 2
  2. Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
  3. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
  4. Resident Evil Director's Cut
  5. Resident Evil 5

I know RE5 is a fun game to play in co-op, but I played it alone, and didn't really like it. So it's the least favourite one for me. 

I should probably play RE4 already, lol.

Edited by Alderriz

• 1 month later...

So this series seems to have transformed itself a couple times, but as a total noob to the series and to survival horror in general, which ones are closest to Resident Evil HD in tone? Like that creepy, survival horror style?

I am playing this game right now and while it took me a little while to get adjusted to the gameplay and fixed camera angles, it eventually all clicked for me. I am enjoying this game SO much and starting to become obsessed with Resident Evil! I want to know what other games in the series are considered must-plays?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

So this series seems to have transformed itself a couple times, but as a total noob to the series and to survival horror in general, which ones are closest to Resident Evil HD in tone? Like that creepy, survival horror style?

I am playing this game right now and while it took me a little while to get adjusted to the gameplay and fixed camera angles, it eventually all clicked for me. I am enjoying this game SO much and starting to become obsessed with Resident Evil! I want to know what other games in the series are considered must-plays?

I've only played 2 and 7 but I know a lot of people love 2 and 4. For this website I feel like it's worth mentioning though that, for some reason, 4 doesn't have a Platinum.

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

if you want super creepy, go with 7. It's great. 2 Remake is also super great as well as pretty creepy so I guess go with 7 and 2 Remake